Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Nutty about Disney parks

Re: My Friend Visited Disneyland EVERYDAY in 2012!

In all honestly, this sounds like something I would do. The closest I ever did was make occasional visits to the parks when I was doing the College Program a WDW. I wouldn't be doing rides and stuff all the time. Some days I was just there to walk around. Though I would probably differentiate between the parks on a given day for variety. I envy all who live so close to the Disney resorts.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Re: My Friend Visited Disneyland EVERYDAY in 2012!

They probably went to the parks for dinner, breakfast, or lunch everyday, congrats to them that is a amazing feat!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Couple's APs pay off: They visited every day in 2012

• Minion

Re: Couple's APs pay off: They visited every day in 2012

I couldn't do what they did without going crazy.

I love disneyland but that takes incredibly way too much effort! They got to stay at in the dream suite though! totally jealous!

• "I Break Things"

The couple really made their annual passes pay off. At $649 each, the passes include parking, and with 366 visits, that worked out to be a daily cost of just $1.77.

And that is why the AP Prices will continue to go up... publicize how "cheap" each day is when pushed to the limit and watch the company (Disney) raise the overall price while pointing to said article as justification!

Can't you hear the new ad as they raise the price to $1095 "that's just $3 a day to get in"
    Last edited by techskip; 01-11-2013 at 03:10 PM.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

They are friends of mine! I started a thread about them:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ay-2012-a.html

Their visits are still gong strong #Disney366 + 11!

I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

I dunno, if I didn't have to work, I could probably go to Disneyland every day for a year.

As long as I didn't have to stay that long each time. There's a lot to do there and I think I could entertain myself enough to go for a year.

• Production Designer

I'd probably never want to hear the word "Disney" again after 365 days. That's great for them though... defiantly a record.

• world class bilge rat

Being a typical oddball, I find this somewhat offensive. When I visit DL in a few weeks, I'll pay close to $100 to get in. Why should anyone else pay less?

Also, DL will very likely be even more crowded than when I was there last year. Quite possibly because so many people can (and do) get in for next to nothing.

Certainly, life isn't always fair, but the vast majority of us don't need TDC making it less fair than it already is.

I guess what it actually comes down to is that I don't like subsidizing APs and even worse, I really don't like the crowds they cause.

Don't hear the wrong thing, I have absolutely nothing against any person who has an AP, it's the program I have the problem with.

Rob

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My AP will cost me $469. For that I will get into the park on each day of my 10 day vacation. That's about $48 a day. When I add the four days that I plan to visit Disneyland in October, that average goes down to about $34 a day. Of course, I live in Chicago, and I pay close to $300 for an airline ticket, not to mention all the money I need to bring just to eat. If I wasn't staying in my timeshare, my costs will go way up.

Each of us must add up our costs for a day at Disneyland, and decide if it is worth it.

This couple obviously got their money's worth. I wonder how much Disneyland profited from them being there?

• Roller coaster enthusiast

I read in an article posted a few years ago when the newspaper interviewed the then owners of Kennywood Park, one of the nations oldest parks near Pittsburg, PA. In that article, he actually broke down the business side of their opperations and said that the annual passes and individual gate receipts actually pay for all the opperating expenses. Most parks actually make their profit off food and beverages that are bought in the park. I've had Universal's Premier two park pass and SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment's two year Platinum pass which is good at all the SeaWorld and Busch Gardens parks and their water parks (excluding Discovery Cove) in the US now for about 10 years. I have each visit down to about $20 per park on average. I spend about the same per visit on food and beverages per visit as well. So while we AP holders may be taking advantage of the passes themselves, the parks are actually making more money on average than if the AP holders were to just buy a regular single day entry ticket per year.
    Current coaster count: 166
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Six Flags over Georgia

• Seeker of Fun

I get the "fun" of it, but not sure people should be rewarded for popping in for an hour. But hey, glad they made a memory.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Being a typical oddball, I find this somewhat offensive. When I visit DL in a few weeks, I'll pay close to $100 to get in. Why should anyone else pay less?

Also, DL will very likely be even more crowded than when I was there last year. Quite possibly because so many people can (and do) get in for next to nothing.

Certainly, life isn't always fair, but the vast majority of us don't need TDC making it less fair than it already is.

I guess what it actually comes down to is that I don't like subsidizing APs and even worse, I really don't like the crowds they cause.

Don't hear the wrong thing, I have absolutely nothing against any person who has an AP, it's the program I have the problem with.

Rob

Not gonna argue about the fairness of APs vs tickets(thats for another thread lol) but crowds will most like be lighter than on your last visit. The Resort now has guests more evenly dispersed between DCA and DL. And if I'm not mistaken, I don't think they had to close the gates of DL this past holiday season.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Minion

I wonder how much they spent in the park.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast