Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Couple's APs pay off: They visited every day in 2012

That's why I would argue that my pass isn't subsidized. I regularly spend $100 per day when I go to Disney on food and beverage. I'm also buying gifts and souvenirs on a regular basis; since I attend year-round, I'm more compelled to buy something that I recognize as new or seasonal. I definitely spent more inside the park over the course of a year than I spent on my pass.

And even though I had the Deluxe (upgrading to Premium next week for renewal for solo trips when my roommate isn't coming with his Premium),you wouldn't catch me anywhere near the park on a busy day, so don't worry about me taking up valuable room.

They must have been truly dedicated to their goals to walk through those gates every day during the summer months . . .

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am traveling alone, and I figure that I can probably get by with only spending about $30 a day on food in the park. That's two meals. I don't buy souvenirs, except for the photopass CD on a weeklong trip. Something has to be pretty cool before I buy it. Maybe a hat. I do like hats.

So with my $469 annual pass, and my $30 a day food budget, does Disney like me, or not?

What is the equation, or magic # that you think Disney shoots for.

• Nor Cal AP'er

Does anyone have the breakdown of how many of each level of AP hsa been bought?
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

I could never and would never go to Disneyland every day for a year. I find the idea a bit scary, especially for a couple of adults. But to each their own.

•   
    • Minion

I don't know if going to Disneyland every single day is something that I would want to do, but hurrah for this couple. They set themselves a goal and they kept to it, and that is admirable. Not a lot of people do that.

As to whether it's a little scary/unsettling/etc....this is one place where I really agree with the poster above me - to each their own. People have all sorts of diversions. Some are healthy long term and some aren't: they sit in front of the TV every day, or go out and run, or play video games, or whatever. This was this couple's diversion for the year, and perhaps it helped give them an escape and a way to blow off stress when they were job hunting.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I feel like I have been going too much and I was going once a year almost. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Not gonna argue about the fairness of APs vs tickets(thats for another thread lol) but crowds will most like be lighter than on your last visit. The Resort now has guests more evenly dispersed between DCA and DL. And if I'm not mistaken, I don't think they had to close the gates of DL this past holiday season.
    Um, you should have seen the crowds this past season. You'd beg to differ.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I'd love to be able to live close enough to go at least once a month. I'd be happy with that. Then I wouldn't have to plan weeklong trips, and stay in a neighboring hotel. I told my husband that he could drop me off in the morning, and pick me up at night. He just sighs. He isn't a Disneyland fan.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Does it give an average amount of time they spent at the park daily? Was it a walk in-walk out kindof thing?

Does seem a bit much though.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Banned User

The gift bag suggests this is Disney's plan. Everyone should take full advantage of their AP.

I would love to visit every day of the year. It's just that I had too much Disneyland from visiting once a month and I no longer own an AP for over 5 years. I have yet to visit Carsland.

I will say I visited Hong Kong Disneyland, which is a copy of Anaheim's Disneyland last year. It was an interesting take, an almost alternative reality. Imagine a place where it looks like Disneyland, but all you can eat is Chinese food.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Does it give an average amount of time they spent at the park daily? Was it a walk in-walk out kindof thing?

Does seem a bit much though.
    It seems as though it had to be walk in - walk out on at least some days because it mentions that there was one day where the husband only got in 20 minutes before closing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123