Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Hamburgers at Disneyland?

When we were there in December we had a meal at both Hungry Bear and Tomorrow Land Terrace.

Hungry Bear was pretty good, the portion size for money isn't bad and the burger itself isnt all that bad.

Tomorrow Land Terrace, well just skip Tomorrow Land Terrace, the vegetable side was pretty good, they were fresh, the burger, not so much.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    Wow, seriously? It's become that difficult to find a hamburger at Disneyland? Hmm.
    DLR has varied menus, which is what most people want,e right? Since they complain about the blandness of the merchandise selection.

In reality, burgers, hotdogs and pizza tend to be common them park food. So lets look at how many places serve them specifically in DLP.

Table Service, there are 5 TS locations in DL, CC, CO, BB, and BTBBQ. Of them, CC serves a burger, 20%. None serving dogs or pizza.

Counter Service, there are, inlcuding some carts and windows, about 25. Of them, HB, TT, and VH serve burgers, 12%. Of them PDH, RC, SDC, LRW, the latter two breaded/dipped, 16%. Of them VH, PP,and DD serve pizza, 12%.

Taking the sum about 1/3 a large part but not majority serves the generic food. It's present, not overwhelming.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

I recorded this very juicy new burger at Carnation cafe. Only cost $14 including tip.

My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

By the way....

Tomorrowland Terrace

Angus 1/3 lb. BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger - served with fresh fruit or French fries. $10.19

Angus 1/3 lb. Cheeseburger
    - served with fresh fruit or French fries. $9.49

Kid's meals include sliced apples and carrots
    and choice of small Low-fat milk or small Dasani water
    juice box, small chocolate milk, or French fries available upon request

Hamburger - $6.49
    That's awesome! These must be pretend prices of what they think a hamburger will cost in the future. Talk about impeccable themeing!

Oh. Wait a second...

• Sultan of Swing

If Disney were to Partner up with In-N-Out it would likely be in DCA since it started in California right? Anyways we won't see that happen although I would wish because I would never leave until I get banned(too soon?)

If you expect a good meal expect to pay a price when at Disneyland. As I see it it's Quantity over Quality(Food Wise).
    Always read the fine print.

Really reccomend you eat the Carthay Circle Hamburger WITHOUT anything else. Even without the House Biscuits, I was never able to finish my burger.

Also...it's 1:21 in the morning and now I am craving a Carthay Burger right about now. Thanks a lot MiceChat, I'll sleep starving with the thoughts of a soft bun and juicy patty in my mind >_>

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• -

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    You can get a customizable burger at Taste Pilots in DCA. It might taste like cardboard, though. I've only been there once and it wasn't memorable.

I believe they have chili cheese fries there, too, so I figure they have regular fries as well (as opposed to the more delicious sweet potato variety they serve at Hungry Bear, which incidentally, also serves burgers).
    I'm so happy that Taste Pilot dies not offer those sweet potato things. Whenever I go to Hungry Bear that is all they offer and they are disgusting. At least you can substitute rings.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Doesn't Award Wieners also have burgers?
    No, just hot dogs (and not very good ones).
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Chief Troublemaker

One of the 'benefits' of being 'gluten free' at Disneyland is that any food ordered at the 'counter service' places is cooked to order. So, if you want a nice juicy burger, order it gluten free. Their GF buns are really tasty (my husband was surprised at how good they were and he's not Celiac) and you will get a nice fresh burger & fries every time, not a cardboard burger/fries that have been sitting under warming lights for hours. One thing, it will take longer (10-15 min) to get your order.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

I gave up on burgers at Disneyland and DCA years ago, specifically at the counter service restaurants. As mentioned in this thread, they do taste like cardboard and generally have the dry toughness of shoe leather. In recent years, Disney has tried to mask the poor quality of burgers with various "toppings" depending on the location and while many have said this is an improvement, beneath it all is still a poor quality burger. And generally there is a reason for it as hamburger meat is prone to bacterial outbreaks (like e coli) and the one way to stop that possibility is to cook the living daylights out of it. Better to have a dry over-cooked burger that is safe for consumption than a juicy one that has the possibility of making people sick, sometimes very sick. The only way to get around this is to have better prepared meat which can be costly (like the $22 Carthay Circle hamburger - haven't tried Carnation Cafe's new burger entry yet). My rule of thumb is to avoid all beef products of all kinds (including the extremely poor carne asada) from Counter Service locations simply because the odds seem to increase of having something extremely disappointing. There are better options in the parks.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    And I don't mean the ones from Village Hause cause they taste like cardboard.
    Village Haus upgraded their menu a few years back after the place was refurbed. The Angus Pastrami burger is a 180 degree flip from their old sawdust burgers.

• Lighting Design Lover

Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen (Lunch)

Jazz Kitchen Cheeseburger - Ground filet mignon, jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, Cajun fries. $16
    Ragin' Cajun Bacon Burger - Ground filet mignon, pepper jack cheese, roasted Serrano chili, applewood smoked bacon, baby arugula, tomatoes, chipotle-pesto dressing. $17
    Really....just...why?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TTN View Post
    Really....just...why?
    They offer filet mignon steaks on the dinner menu. Presumably this is the less expensive lunch option.

• Minion

ORWEN: The hamburgers at Disneyland really ARE made of cardboard and that's why they taste like cardboard. Didn't you all know? It's because they don't want to offend Clarabell Cow or any of the other cows--like the one's from Home on the Range.

ORGOCH: 'sides that, ain't ya never heard 'bout Mad Cow disease? The Dizzy Comp'ny don't want a bunch a law suits from folks who gits Mad Cow disease from eatin' real cows!!!

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    That's awesome! These must be pretend prices of what they think a hamburger will cost in the future. Talk about impeccable themeing!

Oh. Wait a second...
    ^ Haha!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    Why is there no place at Disneyland to get a Hamburger and Fries? I mean Flo's would be the logical place as it's a roadside dinner and they always have hamburgers and fries. It just makes no sense. And I don't mean the ones from Village Hause cause they taste like cardboard. I mean a good old fashioned hamburger with mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and onions. And good French Fries plus a soda. I can't figure out why Flo's serves Pork and chicken and all the other "Dinner" type of foods but why no Hamburgers?

In my experience, most diners have a massive menu with tons of different types of food. Though the staple dish is usually a roast beef, roast turkey, type platter with sides and gravy. I love Flo's turkey dish, haven't tried the pork as I love the turkey one.

Hotdogs and hamburgers are kinda carnival food as all that is involved in food preparation is grilling the meat and slapping it on a bun. Sure, there are now fancy hamburgers with truffles and fried eggs, but its still a pretty simple dish.

I think most adults get sick of just having hamburger and fries. This is certainly a staple meal in Disneyland, and has been for decades. Decades ago me and my family used to joke that there is a lot of menu variety in Disneyland, in Fantasyland you get the Pinocchio's burger, in Tomorrowland the Astro burger, in Bear Country the Bear Burger. Tomorrowland Terrace has a great tasting chicken sandwich, which I'd choose over a burger everytime for health and taste reasons. But as you can see, decades later Disney is still selling hamburgers in the same places.

I'm kinda glad that Flo's didn't go the same route and offers 'real' food to eat, plus the cones offer some interesting options though I haven't tried them yet. And the food takes me back to road trips.

Anybody can make a superior burger to the one in the parks. Get a pound of super lean hamburger meat, add a tablespoon of flour, a dash of pepper, garlic powder and onion powder, chopped garlic, and a tablespoon or two of finely mushrooms if desired, mash it up, form it into balls slightly larger than a golf ball, press into a patty, and cook in a small amount of olive oil. Add garnish, serve over toasted bulky roll. done perfect hamburger!

I personally like to eat stuff in the park that would take a while to replicate on my own.
    Last edited by chesirecat; 01-12-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast