Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: New cars coming for Autopia?

you think that disney is getting a hybrid car?
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    There is one more problem. Electric usually has to be charged. If they don't go for battery operated, then exposed electrical line has to be put on the track. That potentially could be a hazard. That is probably why they are testing it.
    Disney has used several autonomous electric vehicles before, and they all use inductive-power coupling to recharge the on-board batteries without a physical connection.

These Autonomous Guided Vehicles, or A.G.V.'s, include: the travelling theater cars of Universe of Energy and The Great Movie Ride; the elevator cars of the various Tower of Terror attractions; Pooh's Hunny Hunt; and, Aquatopia.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 01-15-2006 at 01:58 AM.

• Hunka hunka burnin love!

Huntington Beach, CA - 30 minutes away from Disneyland!

erm... pics?
    We're addicted to Disney

I was there on May 5th, 2005! and July 17, 2005!

• Boat shoes all day long

I dare say, I have some newsworthy information regarding the new autopia cars. As it appears, there will be a few out-of-place vehicles amoung the standard. For instance, a whimsy carriage taken of course from old Toad Hall...a Vroom-buggy, in the spirit of the haunted mansion, and surely you will see one from the days of age...the rocket rods!
    This was given to me by an old friend, dear and sweet as he is, and may well be, for he provides me with such hot button leads. Living all too well outside of nearlythere.

• All you need is LOVE

Thanks for info

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by BoygunaSurf
    I dare say, I have some newsworthy information regarding the new autopia cars.
    Again as much as I would like to accept this, wait a minute no I don't this sounds bloody awful, anyway as much as I don't again I will wait to hear from Al's fingers to my eyes or in an official press release. Plus you've only posted 6 times as this juncture.

• Banned User

hmm.. Honda must have a good cash flow, maybe they will take over WDW when GM leaves? (new "speedway" and sponsor TT? lol)

The electric car might have been a "test" with a partnership of honda and imagineering for the HK attraction's vehicle, and future upgrade of DL?

• Disney Prince

if they were for HK, shouldn't they be testing them there?

I think it's for a DL upgrade, might even go with the opening of RM.

• Master of Disaster

it wouldnt suprise me to see new electric or hybrid cars sometime in the next year. If i remember rightly didnt al once talk about polution "credits" and how the submarines are diesel and heavy polluters? with disney running the fireworks as much as they have been lately they may HAVE to lower the pollution elsewhere in the park before the subs can legally run at full operation. makes sense to me when you think about it.

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    Disney has used several autonomous electric vehicles before, and they all use inductive-power coupling to recharge the on-board batteries without a physical connection.

These Autonomous Guided Vehicles, or A.G.V.'s, include: the travelling theater cars of Universe of Energy and The Great Movie Ride; the elevator cars of the various Tower of Terror attractions; Pooh's Hunny Hunt; and, Aquatopia.

I think that is good to know, but I see one problem in that. All those ride vehicles run VERY SLOWLY. I think that most of those rides are about 3-5 miles per hour. I hope that they will be able to speed them up to match the current speed of the Autotopia (which I think is about 15 miles per hour.)
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Roar!

autopia only goes 7 mph

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15
    it wouldnt suprise me to see new electric or hybrid cars sometime in the next year. If i remember rightly didnt al once talk about polution "credits" and how the submarines are diesel and heavy polluters? with disney running the fireworks as much as they have been lately they may HAVE to lower the pollution elsewhere in the park before the subs can legally run at full operation. makes sense to me when you think about it.
    Yes, there are pollution credits. It was talked about for both the Sub and the fireworks show. Disney had to cut down on Believe performances to make up for Remember credits. Fortunately, Remember is using air cannons to launch the big fireworks so that cuts down on credits. As you know, Remember is a HUGE show. Now for Subs, someone suggested Disney have the subs run on used vegetable/ fast food oils. You know, the used cooking oils are used to run the engines and in turn make the area smell like french fries. So if they do that, pollution credits could be made up. Then again, the Sub show buiding will probably never get rid of the fast food smell...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Just a thought, but if they move towards electric cars, and kids will miss the putt putt sound. If you are going to use an electronic substitute for the noise, why not make it a bit Jetson-y and have that sort of higher pitched whiney putt putt sound they have. Autopia is supposed to be in the future right (at least Disney World's is supposed to be)

• Banned User

The other thing is they could electricall power the subs after they enter the show building. They could hav an arm that is seald inside the sub when it is outside and going under thw waterfalls. After they enter the show building it extends out to an electrical wire and pics up energy which turns the motor. Since it's in the show buildin nobady sees it except mantenance. they could lower pollutant counts that way. The arm goes back into the sub right before the waterfall.

• Happy Homespun

That could probably work. The only problem is that Electricity adn water, well, it doesnt mix too well. So even if it does what you say I dont think they would risk electricuting anyone.

ZZZTTTSSS
    [smilie=7,13,13]
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome..."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast