Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• time to go

Re: New cars coming for Autopia?

Quote Originally Posted by Disney50
    Maybe they were just testing the electric cars that are supposed to be on HKDL's Autopia.
    That would make sense, given that Indy jeeps for TDS were first tested in Anaheim, while the Indy Temple in Japan was under construction.

Anyone know if the Autopia roadways at HKDL are completed yet? If they're still being constructed, then I think you have your answer.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

My guess is since the ride won't be ready for June, and all that the ride is is track and landscaping that no the track isn't finished.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy
    That would make sense, given that Indy jeeps for TDS were first tested in Anaheim, while the Indy Temple in Japan was under construction.

Anyone know if the Autopia roadways at HKDL are completed yet? If they're still being constructed, then I think you have your answer.
    I believe the Dinosour vehicles were tested on indy as well... it's common for them to test at DL since it's near glendale... and if there is a problem not hard to fix it...

• Queen of Sarcasm

The Chevron cortract expires in 2010 and I would not be expecting anything new for our Autopia until then. The car that some people claim to have seen is not for us. The red car with the white stripe was a testing car and is the one being used for Hong Kong. They have been testing it after hours at Disneyland because the track in Hong Kong is not completed yet.

• Minion

It would be nice if Autopia's cars were being replaced ... hopefully with something less cartoony looking.

It's not an unreasonable thought.

After all ... the Mark I, Mark II, Mark III, and Mark IV "Autopia" cars came out between 1955 and 1959. Though - mostly because each fleet got thrashed so bad in the early years .. they needed replacements fast!

For sake of trivia ... the one's prior to the current fleet (Mark VIII) were the Mark VIIs that last a LOOOONG time. From 1968 to 1999.

• Minion

hey ... incidentally ... Isn't this photo of the entrance in 1998 a hoot?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

^hehe awww, memories

I'd like to see them combine this new hybrid/electric/or whatever with those Mark VII cars. I always thought those were the coolest. However the ones at Disneyland Paris are very retro looking too, and the almost look electric.

• ...TWO BITS!

Ah, I remember the old queue. Can't say the same for the sign.

The Paris cars look cool. But what's with the front where a grill or license plate can fit in there? That's the only thing that looks weird to me.

BTW, when did DL put the center guard rail in for Autopia?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Minion

Today with the advent of some great battery types a vehicle can run a very long time before needing a charge. Many powered wheel chairs can run a VERY long time between charges, lasting a day or so depending on the use. Also, there are ways of charging battery's without electrical contact using magnits.

On something as big as the subs, they can drop batteries into that thing that will last a VERY long time. Subs have been electrical since WWI. They power up the batteries on the surface using the diesel engines, and run off the batteries under water sometimes for days! They can just charge them up at night through the top area thats always above the water.

Electricity is a lot more feasable then gas companies want you to think.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood
    I'd like to see them combine this new hybrid/electric/or whatever with those Mark VII cars. I always thought those were the coolest. However the ones at Disneyland Paris are very retro looking too, and the almost look electric.
    Wasn't the attraraction sponsored by matel so the attraction was inspired by "Hot wheels" when it was built?? they do have a nice look...

I heard today that we are going to get new cars, BUT they will still be gas powered. So no electric cars, though maybe some of you are correct on a hybrid. I doubt it though.
    Last edited by rawrr; 01-21-2006 at 12:13 AM.

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Ugh. I couldn't believe the current DLR cars weren't electric. But that was before I really became a Disneyland fan. But if it's true we're getting new cars, but still gas powered, where's the progress in that??

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123