Refer a Friend program for Annual Passes

Do you think Disney would suggest adopting this program? It would work similar to the system that DirecTv uses where you and your friend(s) get $10 off the price of their pass for each friend. Example: I refer 3 friends to buy a pass. When they purchase their passes, they each give my pass number or name, and that then gives each friend a discount of $10 off, while a get a total of $30 off. That may seem unfair, but then they can start referring their friends and get more of a discount. If you need further explanantion of how this would work, just ask and I'd be happy to explain.
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Refer a Friend program for Annual Passes

Imagine a crowded day at Disneyland....

Now imagine everyone there had a friend along
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Quote Originally Posted by AvidTurtleTalker View Post
    Do you think Disney would suggest adopting this program? It would work similar to the system that DirecTv uses where you and your friend(s) get $10 off the price of their pass for each friend. Example: I refer 3 friends to buy a pass. When they purchase their passes, they each give my pass number or name, and that then gives each friend a discount of $10 off, while a get a total of $30 off. That may seem unfair, but then they can start referring their friends and get more of a discount. If you need further explanantion of how this would work, just ask and I'd be happy to explain.
    You do those kinds of promotions when you want to increase numbers. They don't want more AP's. What they want is more $$ from a smaller number of AP's.

• Sock Puppet

In short, no.

• Under that tree again!

I think this would just be an advantage for large families.

Disney doesn't need to do anything like this compared to direct TVs. The reason is Disney has enough Passholdears that it's earned without discounts. Direct TV, is tiny, everyone has TV in thier house and it's trying to get customers away from thier cable companies. Disney doesn't have trouble getting guests away from Knott's and Sea World.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I think this would just be an advantage for large families.

Disney doesn't need to do anything like this compared to direct TVs. The reason is Disney has enough Passholdears that it's earned without discounts. Direct TV, is tiny, everyone has TV in thier house and it's trying to get customers away from thier cable companies. Disney doesn't have trouble getting guests away from Knott's and Sea World.
    DirecTV has 20M subscribers. That's tiny?

DirecTV - and other TV providers - don't offer referral bonuses because they are tiny. They do it because home television subscription services is a hyper competitive market, like Internet, cell phone and credit cards.

Disneyland doesn't really compete with anybody, and doesn't need a referral program to steal customers from competitors.

I don't think so. The resort finally has near sufficient infrastructure to handle the current amount of APs(I say nearly because DCA 2.0 hasn't solved the parking problems) Any more APs would start straining the resort all over again. I personally loved the evenly dispersed crowds we got this past summer. I think capacity needs to be increased before they try to recruit more APs. But disney really doesn't need to try that hard to add more APs.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
    DirecTV has 20M subscribers. That's tiny?

DirecTV - and other TV providers - don't offer referral bonuses because they are tiny. They do it because home television subscription services is a hyper competitive market, like Internet, cell phone and credit cards.

Disneyland doesn't really compete with anybody, and doesn't need a referral program to steal customers from competitors.
    Yes tiny, look at the number of homes with cable and DirectTV is dwarfed by them.

Unlike cell phone and credit cards, they are not monopolistic. Unlike internet which is not competive for a simliar reason and only changed from going through your phone, to cable and now to cell phone because of technological changes which made one advantageous over the other.

• -

The only way I could see them doing this is if they went to one level of annual pass with no payment plan, as it should be. Otherwise, the population is just too saturated currently for this.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

No way. Disney needs to increase prices on AP's to reduce attendance.