Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• The Tomorrowland One

Re: When is Elton John concert at Disneyland ?

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    NAMM is midweek, the day before. It could be related but I don't know why Elton John would play the little Hyperion instead of the large Arena in the ACC.
    Maybe the theater is better suited acoustically than the arena? And really, the arena at the ACC is not that big. Yes, it can hold a few thousand more than the theater in California Adventure, but it would sound like trash comparatively I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Autopia View Post
    Maybe the theater is better suited acoustically than the arena? And really, the arena at the ACC is not that big. Yes, it can hold a few thousand more than the theater in California Adventure, but it would sound like trash comparatively I would think.

Evening. It is being done at the Hyperion as NAMM is taking place at the Anaheim Convention Center. The ACC theater is in use for other items and the Grove is too small. This show is a YAMAHA 125th Anniversary event and it is a treat for YAMAHA's Vendors. The show is at 8pm with Elton on stage at approximately 1020pm and I am lucky enough to be attending!! It will also be streamed online at eltonjohn125.usa.yamaha.com

Elton will be joined at the 3 hour show by special guests Katy Perry,
    Amy Grant; Chaka Khan; Dave Grusin; Earth, Wind & Fire; David Foster; Dave Koz; James Newton Howard; Leogun; Landon Pigg; Lucy Schwartz; Michael McDonald; Sarah McLachlan; Toto; and Sinbad.

I will use my twitter to post updates and pics!! @shadowradow1983

I've attended NAMM for the last 14 years, but the music store I worked for went out of business at the end of 2011, so this is my first year not attending.

We were a Yamaha dealer and they usually put on a dealer concert the Friday of NAMM--every year, if not every other year. The first one I attended was also Elton John, but it was at the Honda Center because it was a tribute to him with lots of other big artists performing too (Ray Charles, Elvis Costello, Brian Wilson, Diana Krall, Nora Jones, John Mayer, Jewel, Rufus Wainwright, Randy Newman, Brian McKnight, etc.). Even dealers still have to get tickets, though, as there's not room for everyone.

The last few I attended were at the Hyperion, and the highlight was I believe 4 years ago when Stevie Wonder headlined. But the first Elton show at the Honda was 3 hours of awesome. The whole MI industry is hurting, so there's less being spent on all this stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12