• Workin to live,lovin life

Disappointed in the Disneyland AP events

I've been an AP holder for years and by no means am I ungrateful for this luxury that I am able to have in my life. However, I've been very underwhelmed and disappointed by the AP events more than I was satisfied by the few that were fun.

So far the only events that were worth the time and money spent to make the reservation and visit the parks would be the private Soundsational Parade, and World of Color Glow with the Show. Neither cost money, but the perks were great. Less people in the park with some attractions still open and you get to meet the performers for one, and free Glow Ears with the full Glow with the Show experience for another. AP exclusive Donald Duck Demi Mug/ Cup too.

But the rest of the events? "Uneventful" at best. Frankenweenie? It was open to the public later in the month. You basically get to say "FIRST" to the world. Yay. And the photo sharing from the sets using the built in cameras didn't work and were sent to nothing. Not to mention, the Disney & Frankenweenie Facebook pages never responded about it.

Fantasmic! Glow with the Show? It didn't work with the show if you ask me.

Candlelight? It was cool, but you could just get a seat anyway since most shows weren't "sold out" so it was convenient, but not always necessary.

And now the Golden Horse Shoe... on the surface it seems like a great deal by not having to wait in line to make a reservation, plus you get a boot souvenir and a CD... but the menu? Limited compared to the non-AP shows? I'm not sure I agree with that decision. Provide the classic menu, but also provide the current one.

I know it sounds like I'm whining, but I wish these events would get better as time went on... instead they're giving me less incentive to even participate in these events each time. The events need more of the "only if you sign up for this event" kind of perks and merchandise. Like a Pin only available at one event, or a shirt available only if you go to the event. Charge a premium for it. I don't even buy Pins, but I'm sure people would love to have an exclusive Pin.

Yes, I know AP's are a luxury and Disney owes us nothing, but I expect better from a Disney event more than a "FIRST" kind of event.

Maybe I missed a few events, but I try to follow the Blog almost religiously. Also, any questions or comments on the Disney official Blog have been met with "non-answers" which are annoying. Suggesting that a post be more in-depth gets met with "we provide details about this subject in each post" when they're just vague lists.

Does anyone else feel this way?

• Sultan of Swing

Re: Disappointed in the Disneyland AP events

I don't know about you but, the AP Event for the 20th Anniversary of Fantasmic! was neat.

About the Blogs they tend to be no help when asking questions.
    Always read the fine print.

Quote Originally Posted by BugSam101 View Post
    I don't know about you but, the AP Event for the 20th Anniversary of Fantasmic! was neat.

About the Blogs they tend to be no help when asking questions.
    OOOH, now THAT I forgot about. Yes, the 20th Anniversary show was great.

•   
    • Minion

With the exception of Soundsational! I've been very disappointed, too. One thing that has bothered me has been the way they register people for many of the events. Either you have to go in person - which is not easy for all APs just to drop by the park - or it's some sort of secret questionable "selection" process. It would make it ever so much easier if you could RSVP via email/phone as well as going in person.

Not to sound ungrateful at all - any event is a perk and is appreciated as such; it's not expected. I just wish they'd make the events more accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    With the exception of Soundsational! I've been very disappointed, too. One thing that has bothered me has been the way they register people for many of the events. Either you have to go in person - which is not easy for all APs just to drop by the park - or it's some sort of secret questionable "selection" process. It would make it ever so much easier if you could RSVP via email/phone as well as going in person.

Not to sound ungrateful at all - any event is a perk and is appreciated as such; it's not expected. I just wish they'd make the events more accessible.
    Yeah, registering in person can be a hassle especially if the park isn't down the street or ten minutes away from you!

I prefer e-mail or phone as well, but I've been disappointed by the customer service cast member's lack of knowledge about specific events. They should have answers for every event, not just "I don't know"