Does somebody drive Mater around Cars Land?

While @ the park I kept wondering how he worked! The windows don't look like they were the kind you could 'fake' seeing through.
    Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!!

•   
    • Among mad people

Re: Does somebody drive Mater around Cars Land?

I personally think yes which is the reason he and McQueen switch every 30 mins, to swap.

Also, if you look at the front of mater and McQueen, you'll see two small black cameras. Maybe about a half inch in diameter, by headlights for mater and just inside i think for mcqueen. I presume the driver inside uses these to watch where he is going.

Also, if you look on the corners, you'll see red buttons. I'm assuming e-stop buttons for their handlers to hit if the car is about to hit something.

All this could be true with radio control but I think for safety and budget that there is a real person inside.

Actually, it's a mouse with red shorts that's driving it... okay, I can't lie. It's actually Sheldon Cooper.

Bazinga!!!

•   
    • Minion

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's a person in there. The way Mater and McQueen respond to guests/etc. makes me think that there's a live operator. I was there once when they were switching out and they were bantering back and forth.

• -

Actually, due to the economic downturn, FLAG underwent some extreme budget cuts. Mater is now the new shell for the Knight 2000. He drives himself.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Nerd

SPOLER ALERT

There IS a person inside driving the cars. The CM's walking in front are communicating to the driver where to go. The banter comes from another CM who is standing a short distance away controlling the dialog with an Ipad.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

I'd suspected that there was a CM in there driving and making the rocking/revving noises. I hope they have a/c in those cars, I mean there'd have to be ventilation so they don't overheat/suffocate. Couldn't be someone very big though. I'm 5'5 and it looks like it'd be a cramped ride in there.

Still, how cool would that be? You'd drive around as one of the cars and then get to walk around the park afterward in complete anonymity.