Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Back in Black

Re: Cars Land expansion part 2

I'm in the camp that would like to see the money go towards finishing the DCA overhaul. They've been getting a nice break with all the attention Buena Vista Street and Cars Land have been getting, but I hope they don't think they should just stop there...

In terms of the idea itself... Radiator Springs feels complete to me. I'm not left wanting more of it, but I'd really love to see that same level of planning go in to the rest of the park.
    -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdannie View Post
    Maybe they will/should re-theme Condor Flats to align with the Pixar Airplanes movie
    Please no. Condor Flats was one of the best themed areas of the original park. I would hate to see he toonification of such a well done area. I just wish there was room to expand upon the aviation theme that is there, but they have run out of room in that corner of the park.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• World of Color

Some great ideas. I should of mention that if they would take autopia out at Disneyland then put it in Cars Land

I wouldn't expect any significant "expansion" of Cars Land for at least 10 years. IF they were going to unveil an expansion in 2014 or 2015 they would have to be close to breaking ground right now.

I am sure there will be some plussing in the relative short term but we will see bigger budgets spent first at DL (Stark Expo? Oz attraction?) before a big addition to DCA.
    The Mur

Put me in the group that wants Autopia out of DL. Putting it in Carsland would be a natural fit, since kids would probably love to drive the Cars characters.

• Under that tree again!

While I wouldn't mind if they filled out Carsland into the remainder of the parking lot, I don't think they should do it right away.

Because the crowd focus has been shifted from DL to DCA, this could be the opportune time to do a major rehab in DL. Such as closing all of Tomorrowland, or Toontown down. Taking advantage of the natural shift in crowds, instead of forcing them to go elsewhere.

Of course if you do something that is on the edge or not delveoped like the Areas under/around Screaming it wouldn't matter.

All of this hate for A Bug's Land and the associated theatre. I know opinions will vary and it is not my favorite place in the park personally, aside from the theatre which I think is one of the better non ride attractions the park has to offer. The show itself is good, and the themeing is pretty amazing.

However, whether many of us like the section or not it is still pretty popular. On my trip in May all of the rides had lines, and the sprinklers and water park were packed with kids. Yes that portion of the park did lose some of its draw with Cars Land nearby, however, there were still crowds of little ones there in december and I bet that will remain pretty steady especially as the mystique of cars land fades a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by linkeq2001 View Post
    All of this hate for A Bug's Land and the associated theatre. I know opinions will vary and it is not my favorite place in the park personally, aside from the theatre which I think is one of the better non ride attractions the park has to offer. The show itself is good, and the themeing is pretty amazing.

However, whether many of us like the section or not it is still pretty popular. On my trip in May all of the rides had lines, and the sprinklers and water park were packed with kids. Yes that portion of the park did lose some of its draw with Cars Land nearby, however, there were still crowds of little ones there in december and I bet that will remain pretty steady especially as the mystique of cars land fades a little bit.
    +1. My DD is 3 and A Bug's Land was the only place we felt comfortable letting her run around (in the water play area) and had no concerns about any of the rides being appropriate for her age group until she was probably 2 1/2. The area may be dull for adults or for parents of older children, but it is a godsend for toddlers and their families!!
    Last edited by NorCalDizGal; 01-16-2013 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Spelling

I was under the impression that Condor Flats was designated to be absorbed by Grizzly Rapids - enlarging the land, adding trees and removing the desert motif in Condor Flats, re-theming the facade of Soarin' and placing a National Park type sigh over the entrance to Condor Flats/Grizzly Peak. Plus the additional land for an expansion pad.

Unifying the two areas makes sense for me thematically and better ties the two "lands" together into one greater whole. I understand the "history of aviation" idea of Condor Flats, but it's not executed very well and would fit very nicely into Grizzly Peak. Join them together, add one more attraction and I think it would work very well...

i don't think autopia would work in cars land, having those tiny cars would ruin the illusion of radiator springs feeling like a real environment. carsland is fine how it is and adding anything more would just be overkill. any extra space back in that corner should go to hollywood land. or if they were to take out a bug's land, maybe a small new land.

i also fully support condor flats being incorporated into grizzly peak.

• DCP DLR Alumnus!

I agree with what some are saying- I'd rather the focus shift to DL and fixing Tomorrowland first. But the next thing(s) to go into DCA should be a redo of the Hollywood Land area for sure.

I like Autopia, and I like it being in Tomorrowland, so I don't really want to see a version of it in Cars Land, especially if it would give them a good reason to close one of DL's opening day attractions.

But I do love the idea of the Sci-Fi Dine Theater! It would offer an alternative sit-down dining experience to Flo's, and maybe inside they could show some special park-exclusive Mater's Tall Tales? Do them in the style of 1950s black and white B-movies and it could work well!
    Please check out my E-Ticket attraction, The Time of My Life!
    http://tcox91.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalDizGal View Post
    +1. My DD is 3 and A Bug's Land was the only place we felt comfortable letting her run around (in the water play area) and had no concerns about any of the rides being appropriate for her age group until she was probably 2 1/2. The area may be dull for adults or for parents of older children, but it is a godsend for toddlers and their families!!
    Ya, it was just something my girlfriend and I noticed. We ourselves did not spend much time in the area on both trips, other than to check out some of the themed items, the oversized christmas lights were neat. However, people DO forget in their massive reimagining of the parks that they are not designed for one age group or one desire, its supposed to be for everyone, and the tiny guests need a place too.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by disney4me2001 View Post
    I like Autopia, and I like it being in Tomorrowland, so I don't really want to see a version of it in Cars Land, especially if it would give them a good reason to close one of DL's opening day attractions.
    This ride has been remodeled so many times, the opening day attraction is virtually gone.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Banned User

No offense to the original poster but talking about a Cars 2 expansion at this point in time is like walking into a store on December 26th to see them putting up Valentine's Day displays already. They just got done making the thing, let's give it a while to gestate and focus on other areas that need some help. Totally agreed that Tomorrowland is probably the sore thumb at this point.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    No offense to the original poster but talking about a Cars 2 expansion at this point in time is like walking into a store on December 26th to see them putting up Valentine's Day displays already. They just got done making the thing, let's give it a while to gestate and focus on other areas that need some help. Totally agreed that Tomorrowland is probably the sore thumb at this point.
    Well said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12