Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• World of Color

Thumbs up Cars Land expansion part 2

If and when Cars Land get a expansion probably sometime in 2014 or 2015 when the cars land hype dies down they should start with part 2. The entrance could be either to the left of the courthouse or at the end of Luigi's by the bugs land entrance. There would be one new ride and a one new restaurant.

New ride Autopia 2.0. Autopia would be like the one that is at Disneyland right now but it would be on a miniature version of Radiator Springs and Route 66. And the cars could talk back to you.

And the restaurant would be like a ma and pa restaurant that you could find on Route 66. It would serve classic American food like Hamburgers, Fries, and Milkshakes you could theme it to another version of Flo's.

Re: Cars Land expansion part 2

I'd rather they spend the money on Disneyland (I'm looking at you Tomorrowland). When the do get back to DCA, my preference would be developing the Hollywood Land Area or Grizzly Peak. The only thing I'd add to Cars Land would be a Drive In Theater ala Sci-Fi drive in Disney Hollywood Studios.

• Sultan of Swing

Aren't they planning on making the Drive-in-Theater?
    Also isn't one Autotopia enough?Why have more especially in a resort with limited space.
    Always read the fine print.

Maybe they will/should re-theme Condor Flats to align with the Pixar Airplanes movie

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdannie View Post
    Maybe they will/should re-theme Condor Flats to align with the Pixar Airplanes movie
    Planes is not Pixar-- I believe that it is DisneyToon Studios.

• Just this guy......

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Don't you dare give them any ideas!!

Highly doubt that will happen. Condor flats is practically perfect as is. Maybe some animatronics added to GRR and something added to or replacing the Redwood Creek Challenge. Oh, and a new movie for Soarin.

Quote Originally Posted by BugSam101 View Post
    Aren't they planning on making the Drive-in-Theater?
    Also isn't one Autotopia enough?Why have more especially in a resort with limited space.
    Drive in Theater was supposedly in the original plan for Cars Land and got cut. Rumored for phase II. I agree, the only way you put one in is if you pull the one out of Disneyland.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I look forward to a bug's life area being torn down but not giving to Carsland. I want something new put in its place. something brand new, not based off a movie. A new land. Or an expanison of Hollywood. I mean there's enough space to do something brand new there. Will California miss a bug's life theatre and/or bug's life area? Not so much, at least I think.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Inappropriate

As exciting as it would be to have another expansion in California Adventure, I also feel like Disneyland needs some love first, especially in Tomorrowland. And I don't know if the Cars Land hype will be dying down any time soon in the coming years. You might lose the rope-drop rush to the Fastpass machines, but I'm pretty sure, like all the E-ticket rides on property, there will always be a long line in your way.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Not the Fallen

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    As exciting as it would be to have another expansion in California Adventure, I also feel like Disneyland needs some love first, especially in Tomorrowland. And I don't know if the Cars Land hype will be dying down any time soon in the coming years. You might lose the rope-drop rush to the Fastpass machines, but I'm pretty sure, like all the E-ticket rides on property, there will always be a long line in your way.
    Agreed! Time to shift the focus to Tomorrowland...

• Minion

I agree with everyone else; the suits and Imagineers should be working on Disneyland right now. I agree that Tomorrowland needs the most work, but I'd like to add Toontown to that list, too. I just walked through for the first time in a minute. While the facades are still clean and nice, there's shipped paint pretty much EVERYWHERE inside the buildings. It could use some fresh, bright colors. First, Tomorrowland.

As for DCA, I think Cars Land is pretty good. I don't think it needs anything else, though the drive-in theater sounds really cool. We definitely don't need an Autopia, since there's one a couple of minutes away from Cars Land. If more work should go to DCA, it should most definitely go to Hollywood Land. It's kind of a mess, there.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

Absolutely they should move Autopia to Carsland, that's what they should have done in the first place, and had the track take you on a tour of Carsland, and had the cars electric and talk to you. That would be a great attraction for kids. And that would get Autopia out of Tomorrowland which is appropriate because Autopia is no longer tomorrow, it's today's ugly reality. If they do anything else with Carsland it should include Autopia.

There used to be a fun restaurant at WDW, I don't remember the name of it or if it's still there, but it was designed like a drive-in and the tables were car-like in design, and they showed grade-z 1950s monster movies continuously on the screen visible from all the tables. That would be fun to have in Carsland.

oh no please no more replicas of Radiator Springs. The original one is good no need for a miniature one especially since they also have one inside RSR.
    an expansion of the desert landscape would be fine with me since that expansion plot is awkardly positioned behind TOT and the large rock work of Carsland.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    There used to be a fun restaurant at WDW, I don't remember the name of it or if it's still there, but it was designed like a drive-in and the tables were car-like in design, and they showed grade-z 1950s monster movies continuously on the screen visible from all the tables. That would be fun to have in Carsland.
    Disney Hollywood Studios, Sci-Fi Dine In Theater. We ate there both of our trips. Decent food but love the whole drive inn setting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast