Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Face Early admission probs

So me and the fam. Made a last minute disneyland trip friday excited that the web sight said ap holders get into Cal adventures an hour early. So we show up with time to spare but when we got up to the front we were stopped by a castmember to verify our ap and hotel key? I kindly showed him the disneys own web sight and he still argued with me. I got manager to come over amd he he also tried to stop us from entry. Once again i showed the web this time to the manager and he probably read it for like 5 min them rudely told the guy at the entrance to just let them in there holding up the line. I got my pass scanned first and the castmember tells me it scanned fine. So after like a 20 min battle we finally got our first trip to cars land. Got to ride rsr 2 times in the first 20 min we were there!
    Do they always ask for hotel keys for early admission? i guess it was good for us that day because they were still turning ap holders away while we were going in and it made the park nearly empty.. Sorry for the rant

• Minion

Re: Early admission probs

You went on a Friday? The AP early admission is only on the weekends. Sat for DCA and Sun for DL.

Annual Passholder Early Entry | Passes | Disneyland Resort

• Sshhh, being very quiet

one full hour before the parks open to the general public on select weekends through April 14, 2013.
    ^^^from the linked website.

They probably let you in because you were holding up the line. But it appears you were mis-reading the website.

There is an example of why Disney can never say "no"...

• I'm wishing

I am confused as to why they didn't just tell this family to re-read the website. The AP early entry is very clearly advertised as select Saturdays for CA and select Sundays for Disneyland. To the original poster...did you argue when they tried to tell you that it wasn't available to APs on Fridays or did the ticket takers really not understand what the schedule is for APs??

Well if you lookup the jan schedule on the disney web sight for the hours on jan 18 it shows dca has early admission from 8am to 9am. Thats the same time it showed for us. Is friday considered the weekend..
    Daily Calendar | Disneyland Resort

• The Tomorrowland One

Early admission on Fridays is offered. But NOT for APs, it is for Resort Hotel guests and guests with select multiday admission media that includes an early entry. The AP offer clearly states that APs can enter DCA early on Saturdays and DL on Sundays.

• No Light, No Light

So I really can get what I wish for as long as I believe hard enough?

You lucked out, OP.

• No Light, No Light

Right below the "select weekends" quote on the linked page is this:

When is it?The Annual Passholder Early Entry calendar allows early admission — during most weekends January 5 through April 14, 2013 — on:

• Saturdays at Disney California Adventure Park.
    • Sundays at Disneyland Park
    So, I wouldn't be too rough on the CMs for being rude. They probably figured you were trying to scam them. Too funny.

• Mistress of Evil

The CM shouldn't have let you in. It is not their fault you didn't read or understand the specifics.
    Like PP mentioned, you lucked out.
    Here is a tidbit of info for you:
    Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday = WeekDAYS
    Saturday & Sunday = Weekends
    Last edited by GiRiMama33; 01-14-2013 at 10:11 AM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Well at the worst, you would have had to wait just an hour to enter.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    So I really can get what I wish for as long as I believe hard enough?

You lucked out, OP.
    no, you just have to act insistent, ask for a manager and refuse to take no for an answer, even though the CM's do this for a living every day of the week, I'm sure they have "no idea" what their own policy is. Is really NOT magic. (sarcasm)
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by scream777 View Post
    Well if you lookup the jan schedule on the disney web sight for the hours on jan 18 it shows dca has early admission from 8am to 9am. Thats the same time it showed for us. Is friday considered the weekend..
    Daily Calendar | Disneyland Resort
    Yes, it was Early Entry for Resort Hotel guests. AP Early Entry is on Sundays. But, it shows even if you are wrong, if you argue enough, they sometimes will let it go!
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• I'm wishing

The Early Entry link you posted, goes immediately to a page that says the Early Entry is available on that Friday, and has a link next to it that tells you how to determine if you can enjoy Early Entry that day. As you likely know, for a long time they have offered EE in two different ways (by staying at a DL Hotel, or by buying certain multi-day tickets - those have different rules and days available). Now, they have offered a third way, with your AP...when you click on the link all three ways are outlined so that you can determine if you are eligible, by looking under the type of EE you are using (AP, Hotel, Multi-day Ticket):

1. Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder Early Entry
    Who is it for?
    Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders.
    What is it?
    Early admission (one hour before the park opens to the general public ) to select attractions, stores, entertainment and dining locations in Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Parks on select weekends through April 14, 2013.
    To enhance the early entry experience, it is strongly recommended that Guests arrive at least one hour and 15 minutes prior to regular Park opening.
    When is it?
    The Annual Passholders Early Entry calendar allows early admission — during most weekends January 5 through April 14, 2013 — on:

• Saturdays at Disney California Adventure Park
    • Sundays at Disneyland Park

Early Entry will not be available:

• Saturday, January 19, 2013
    • Sunday, January 20, 2013
    • Sunday, February 3, 2013

2. Extra Magic Hour for Disneyland Resort Hotel Guests

Who is it for?
    Registered Disneyland Resort Hotel Guests.
    What is it?
    Early admission, during every day of hotel stay, to select attractions, stores, entertainment and dining locations in either Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park one hour before the park opens to the general public.*
    To enhance the Extra Magic Hour experience, it is strongly recommended that Guests arrive at least one hour and 15 minutes prior to regular park opening.
    When is it?
    The current Extra Magic Hour schedule allows registered Resort Hotel Guests access to one park on these select days:

• Disneyland Park: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
    • Disney California Adventure Park (including access to the brand new Cars Land): Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays

3. Magic Morning at Disneyland Park for Disneyland Resort Guests with Valid Ticket

Who is it for?

• Disneyland Resort Guests with 3-day or longer theme park ticket
    • Disneyland Resort Guests with special promotional "bonus" tickets
    • Disneyland Resort Guests with a 2012 Southern California CityPass

What is it?
    One early admission (during the duration of theme park ticket or Southern California CityPass) to select attractions, stores, entertainment and dining locations at Disneyland Park one hour before the Park opens to the general public.*
    To enhance the Magic Morning experience, it is strongly recommended that Guests arrive at least one hour and 15 minutes prior to regular Park opening.
    When is it?
    Magic Mornings at Disneyland Park are available during these select days:

• Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday

• Banned User

I bet if I went to the Main Gate, insisted I was Walt Disney loud enough and long enough, and demanded entry so I could eat some chili and walk around "my Park," eventually they'd let me in.

Of course there might be men in white coats waiting for me at the gate when I came out at the end of the day, but.....

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    I bet if I went to the Main Gate, insisted I was Walt Disney loud enough and long enough, and demanded entry so I could eat some chili and walk around "my Park," eventually they'd let me in.

Of course there might be men in white coats waiting for me at the gate when I came out at the end of the day, but.....

LOL I was gonna say "Or they will call the cops" but then saw this...

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    and nodded my head.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast