Teens making friends at Disneyland?

Hello! While at Disneyland last month, my 16 year old daughter and I (from Australia) met some fellow Australians who gave us some tips on flights and transfers, accommodation etc when we next visit Disneyland. We're planning this for April 2013. While talking about how I find it difficult to run around on all of the rides as a 50-something year old woman with health issues and therefore feeling bad about possibly making my daughter go around by herself, they mentioned this site - Mice Chat - and also Mice Age (?), saying that my daughter could talk to people her own age (or near-to) on here that she may be able to meet up with and go on rides with at Disneyland. I am not sure how to navigate this site, or how my daughter would go about doing this. Could anybody help me out here?

Regards,
    Sandy.

• formerly very helpful

Re: Teens making friends at Disneyland?

Welcome to the boards.

the best thing to do, I think is to start a thread here and say when you'll be here. Ask who would be able to meet.
    however, you can't ignore the fact that it can be DANGEROUS for anyone - especially a teenage girl to meet strangers via the Internet. Personally, I don't think I'd allow my daughters or son to do that. Certainly not alone. I firmly believe that most people here on micechat are good people, but all it takes is one dangerous person to create a disaster.
    there is a weekly micechat meetup, I think, on Sundays at noon. I'm sure someone can send more information on t hat.
    honestly, I don't think it would be a large problem for your daughter to have to ride a few rides by herself. When you think about it, that's not really chatting time, anyway.
    good luck, and have a great trip.

While I agree with sbk, there is a teen board on this forum...

http://micechat.com/forums/teen-scene/

I don't think too much could happen while actually at Disneyland, I would still be leary meeting people online.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Welcome to the boards.

the best thing to do, I think is to start a thread here and say when you'll be here. Ask who would be able to meet.
    however, you can't ignore the fact that it can be DANGEROUS for anyone - especially a teenage girl to meet strangers via the Internet. Personally, I don't think I'd allow my daughters or son to do that. Certainly not alone. I firmly believe that most people here on micechat are good people, but all it takes is one dangerous person to create a disaster.
    there is a weekly micechat meetup, I think, on Sundays at noon. I'm sure someone can send more information on t hat.
    honestly, I don't think it would be a large problem for your daughter to have to ride a few rides by herself. When you think about it, that's not really chatting time, anyway.
    good luck, and have a great trip.
    What I would aim for is to see if any teens wants to meet up at the Micecat meet up, on the hub. You could be there too, come meet some adults, and maybe some parents and let the kids go on thier way or plan to meet later in thier trips. Better than meeting a stranger the first time on the sidewalk next to DLR.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambi 96 View Post
    Hello! While at Disneyland last month, my 16 year old daughter and I (from Australia) met some fellow Australians who gave us some tips on flights and transfers, accommodation etc when we next visit Disneyland. We're planning this for April 2013. While talking about how I find it difficult to run around on all of the rides as a 50-something year old woman with health issues and therefore feeling bad about possibly making my daughter go around by herself, they mentioned this site - Mice Chat - and also Mice Age (?), saying that my daughter could talk to people her own age (or near-to) on here that she may be able to meet up with and go on rides with at Disneyland. I am not sure how to navigate this site, or how my daughter would go about doing this. Could anybody help me out here?

Regards,
    Sandy.
    If I'm still in California by then, it would be cool to meet up with your daughter. I'm 15. Of course I'm not sure if I'm going to be in California (I might move by then) but if I am, it would be great.