Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Upcoming Tomorrowland Changes

So many rumors flying around!

• No Disassemble!

Before I comment, thank you to the OP to for putting the disclaimer ahead of your news. Often times chatters will post their rumors like they were facts and that sometimes can lead to nuked threads. So cheers for that! On to my comment:

Let's pretend that Iger made the roller coaster idea into fact, how could a roller coaster be themed to Star Wars? Will we get to ride Speeder Bikes (ala' the Pony Express at Knott's) through the forests of Endor? Better yet can we hop on Wicket as we race to avoid Imperial Walkers? Or are we going to be able to hop around the galaxy using the "force" on some suspended coaster type thing?
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Let's pretend that Iger made the roller coaster idea into fact, how could a roller coaster be themed to Star Wars? Will we get to ride Speeder Bikes (ala' the Pony Express at Knott's) through the forests of Endor? Better yet can we hop on Wicket as we race to avoid Imperial Walkers? Or are we going to be able to hop around the galaxy using the "force" on some suspended coaster type thing?
    Just play the John Williams theme on Space Mountain. That way there is no need to build a Star Wars coaster.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Just play the John Williams theme on Space Mountain. That way there is no need to build a Star Wars coaster.
    Calsig31, one day I'll prove to everyone that you're actually an Imagineer in disguise here on Micechat. Cheers to you and a hilariously witty idea!
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    This is just a collection of rumors mixed with BS. Look I would love for them to remove Submarine Voyage especially after what they did to it but the fact is Disney no longer strikes me as the type of company that would be bold enough to bulldoze it to make way for a better attraction. They will double down on their mistak...i mean "investment".

Autopia I wish would be removed but even that's a longshot.

The Iron Man attraction replacing Innoventions is basically a done deal at this point however. Prep will begin this year and it will be formally announced at D23 in Aug/Sep. It will open Summer 2015 to celebrate both Disneyland's 60th. anniversary and the opening of Avengers 2 in theaters. It will use some of the ride technology that James Cameron and Imagineering has been working on for the Avatar rides being designed for Florida.
    Wasn't there just a recent post somewhere stating that Innoventions had just extended some of their contracts for five years?

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Before I comment, thank you to the OP to for putting the disclaimer ahead of your news. Often times chatters will post their rumors like they were facts and that sometimes can lead to nuked threads. So cheers for that! On to my comment:

I was the original OP so thank you. I feel the same way and quite honestly am not a fan of Rumor threads, especially when so many pop up.

As for a Star Wars coaster, there is actually an article over at the Disney and more blog about a patent (non WDI) for a warring SW coaster (I know linking rules are a bit strict here so I did not include, you can find it there or just google Star Wars coaster). Imagine 6 seater X-wing and Tie Fighter coasters battling it out. Here's a couple of pic the posted. All credit given to the previously mentioned Disney and more blog.

Name:  SW Coaster 2.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  105.9 KBName:  SW Coaster X wing.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  71.9 KB

This would be pretty cool if you ask me though I'd still question the need for a third coaster in the TL/FL area.

• film975

I really don't care much for the idea of expanding Star Wars in Disneyland. I'd rather see that happen over at the Disney Hollywood Studios in Disney World.

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    I really don't care much for the idea of expanding Star Wars in Disneyland. I'd rather see that happen over at the Disney Hollywood Studios in Disney World.
    Agree on both counts. The same could be said of the Avengers. I'd prefer both be utilized for a 3rd Anaheim park and TL be updated with new, unique, innovative, non-tie in attractions. Unfortunately, I think those days are over.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123