Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• The Tomorrowland One

Re: The next Princess to get the new dress this year.

Yes. The next one is Belle. And it is a BEAUTIFUL dress. Very elegant looking in the full winter outfit. Haven't seen the standard look yet, but if it holds up to the same standard as the winter look, I think it should be good.

And the new Belle hairstyle goes with the look a lot better than the meh Cindrella one.

• Queen Elsa

I personlly though the next Princess that would get the new look would of been Ariel send Disney is relesting it again this year and I figure they where doing it by the DVD like how they did with Cinderella. Oh well I can live with it beening Belle who is next I do like the new look that they did for her and Ariel and Aurora the most.

• Minion

I definitely prefer the new wig - it looks a lot more natural. The dress is also cut to look more like a real ball gown.

I wouldn't be surprised if Belle was next. She's pretty popular, and her current costume is very 1990's-looking.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

On Cinderella, I like the sparkly of the new but the dress design of the old.

• Minion

ORWEN: I really HATE the changes they're making. Disney characters are supposed to be timeless without the need to keep up with changing times. It's all just a marketing ploy to sell more dolls and that's infuriating to me.

I never knew how dated the old one looked. It does have that 50s look to it. I like the new one, it seems more "royal" to me.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• formerly very helpful

Honestly, as nice as the gowns look, I really think the new ones are still pretty close to the previous.
    I think that if there was no internet and we weren't disecting this 100 different ways, most people really wouldn't have strong feelings about it when they saw it, other than, "Hey, they changed the dress."
    I think the general public wouldn't even notice that.

• I'm from Canada eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: I really HATE the changes they're making. Disney characters are supposed to be timeless without the need to keep up with changing times. It's all just a marketing ploy to sell more dolls and that's infuriating to me.

Yeah, just like how Mickey, Donald and Goofy never changed and look exactly the same as they did when they were created.

•   
    • Minion

Aren't they opening a bunch of Beauty and the Beast attractions at WDW this year (or maybe they already have; I don't keep up over there)? That would explain why they chose Belle for the next "makeover;" she's likely going to be front and center this year.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Aren't they opening a bunch of Beauty and the Beast attractions at WDW this year (or maybe they already have; I don't keep up over there)? That would explain why they chose Belle for the next "makeover;" she's likely going to be front and center this year.
    The Gaston place that is geared towards boys, was what I recall.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I think it's more like a restaurant and a meet and greet rather than a bunch of attractions. However the new Fantasyland expansion is modeled after her village. Regardless, I do agree that is probably why they are using her.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

ORDDU: The difference between the changes made to the Disney princesses and the changes made with Mickey Mouse, Melville, is that Mickey's changes took place on celuloid over a period of time and had Walt's blessing, since he was the creator of Mickey. Cinderella and the other princesses have not been changed from their original look--except in terms of merchandise--and, now, in terms of their costuming. Her new puff sleeves allow guests to see her arm pits--unlike the older costume. Plus her hair is slightly different. While that may not bother some, it does bother us.

ORWEN: We just want the princess merchandise and the costumed princesses in the Disney parks to look as much like they did in the their movies as possible.

ORDDU: Mickey and Minnie have more flexibility in terms of the clothing they wear at the parks than any other characters do, by the way, since they were often seen wearing different outfits in their films. In their cases it's the face that needs to remain accurate to how they last appeared on film when Walt was still alive. There have been proposals to change their looks, too, in some pretty drastic ways. We wouldn't like that either.

• Minion

I like the new fabric of the dress, but the sleeves sort of look awkward, and is it just me or is she showing a lot more skin?
    Jeff Wayne

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: The difference between the changes made to the Disney princesses and the changes made with Mickey Mouse, Melville, is that Mickey's changes took place on celuloid over a period of time and had Walt's blessing, since he was the creator of Mickey. Cinderella and the other princesses have not been changed from their original look--except in terms of merchandise--and, now, in terms of their costuming. Her new puff sleeves allow guests to see her arm pits--unlike the older costume. Plus her hair is slightly different. While that may not bother some, it does bother us.

ORWEN: We just want the princess merchandise and the costumed princesses in the Disney parks to look as much like they did in the their movies as possible.

ORDDU: Mickey and Minnie have more flexibility in terms of the clothing they wear at the parks than any other characters do, by the way, since they were often seen wearing different outfits in their films. In their cases it's the face that needs to remain accurate to how they last appeared on film when Walt was still alive. There have been proposals to change their looks, too, in some pretty drastic ways. We wouldn't like that either.
    Well then why is Happy of the Drawfs at the park wear a green outfit where in the cartoon it's a brownish orange color and same way with Prince Phillip. The ones at the parks look nothing like how he look in the movie.

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    I like the new fabric of the dress, but the sleeves sort of look awkward, and is it just me or is she showing a lot more skin?
    I have notes that to. To me she has more of a V neck outline in her new dress then she did in the old. I do like her new dress myself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast