Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• -

Re: The next Princess to get the new dress this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    is it just me or is she showing a lot more skin?
    I knew there was a reason I liked the updated look.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: The difference between the changes made to the Disney princesses and the changes made with Mickey Mouse, Melville, is that Mickey's changes took place on celuloid over a period of time and had Walt's blessing, since he was the creator of Mickey. Cinderella and the other princesses have not been changed from their original look--except in terms of merchandise--and, now, in terms of their costuming. Her new puff sleeves allow guests to see her arm pits--unlike the older costume. Plus her hair is slightly different. While that may not bother some, it does bother us.

ORWEN: We just want the princess merchandise and the costumed princesses in the Disney parks to look as much like they did in the their movies as possible.

ORDDU: Mickey and Minnie have more flexibility in terms of the clothing they wear at the parks than any other characters do, by the way, since they were often seen wearing different outfits in their films. In their cases it's the face that needs to remain accurate to how they last appeared on film when Walt was still alive. There have been proposals to change their looks, too, in some pretty drastic ways. We wouldn't like that either.
    Whoa whoa whoa. Are you saying Disney is in the business of making money, and in order to so, they have to push merchandise on us? I'm fine with this. And in all fairness, Belle never had Walt's blessing to even exist, so the company can do what they want with her.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

•   
    • Minion

Well...Witches of Morva, I adore you ladies. I do want to bring up a point about this change, though.

It seems that this isn't fundamentally changing the character or the outfit; it's just tweaking it here and there. The character is the same, and they haven't done anything radical. They've just changed the fabric and some design elements.

If they put Cinderella or Belle in, say, modern clothes or made the costume show a lot of skin or gave them tattoos - or did something else to take then out of their era - I'd object but it seems they're just improving on the original concept here.

Disney's always done that with costuming. Even Mickey has changed over the years. In these vintage photos he's always wearing his signature tux and bow tie but he looks a lot more appealing now than he did then...

Name:  Disneyland1975_013.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  109.6 KB
    Name:  1822d1210494876-flbigheadmickey-1.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  54.0 KB

Name:  JerryColona_FLandTheater.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  104.7 KB

Who says a princess cannot have more than one outfit in her wardrobe?
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Queen Elsa

Not me. If you look at Beauty and the Beast for one you see Belle in alot of different outfits. I believe she change her outfit like 4 times if I'm right. Aurora had about 2 maybe 3 if you count the changing color of her dress from blue to pink. So I will not say a Princess can't have more then one different dress.

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    Not me. If you look at Beauty and the Beast for one you see Belle in alot of different outfits. I believe she change her outfit like 4 times if I'm right. Aurora had about 2 maybe 3 if you count the changing color of her dress from blue to pink. So I will not say a Princess can't have more then one different dress.
    Not to mention how they have different designs at different venues. Look at Snow White. Hr outfit in Soundsational looks a lot different from the meet and greet outfit. And the Christmas one looks like the meet and greet one, but has better fabric, a different collar and is built different. And then Fantasmic's looks somewhere in the middle of the park and the Christmas one. And don't forget Parade of Dreams... *shudder*

Same goes for the other princesses. Aurora's dress in Soundsational is just ugly to me. The in park one is ok. But it looks the "best" in Christmas.
    Last edited by Autopia; 01-15-2013 at 09:54 PM.

• Minion

I think the new dress is prettier and more flattering than the old one, although I'm not too sure about those poofy sleeves that seem to only rest on top of her shoulders and don't go all the way around. I don't know what that's all about. Not a fan of the new hair because, although it may look more attractive to the modern eye, the old wig was more accurate in terms of what Cindy's hair looks like in the movie.

As Malina pointed out, updating the look of character costumes is nothing new, and is usually a good thing. Have you seen the much older versions of the Cinderella costume? Yikes.

• Queen Elsa

Also don't forget beside Cinderella and the rumor Belle dress beeing change you have the others that will change to in the future. We still have Jasmine,Snow White,Ariel and my love Princess Aurora to be seeing in new dress in the next 3 to 4 years maybe. The only ones I don't think they will change are Tiana & Repunzle send there the newest Princess that have come out in the last two to three years. Now not to sure about Mulan and Pocahontas if they will get new looks or not but we still have the other 4 to get the new look.

• Selfie Expert

I lvoe Cinderella's new gown and am excited to see what they do wtih Belle!

OMG that black and white photo of Mickey and Minnie

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    OMG! What is wrong with their mouths! I'm GLAD that they have changed over the years...that scares even me!

• I'm from Canada eh!

I can only imagine that it was a break in the foam so the CM's could see. It looks right scary though.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post

This must be t he beginning of when all those children started being afraid of meeting Mickey at Disneyland.

• -

I wonder if it means that Leia is getting a new dress also.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Belle to receive new gold dress. Kennythepirate Blog

Kenny the Pirate is reporting Feb 3 for WDW. I'd guess that DL would get it around the same time.

• Minion

The in-park princesses have had some cosmetic changes before.. For instance, they didn't use to wear wigs at all. There are some great pictures of vintage princesses at Gorillas Don't Blog. GORILLAS DON'T BLOG

Check out Snow White in 1964:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...radeD-1966.jpg

And in 1966:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...6_SWDwarfs.jpg

Aurora in 1958:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...8-58Aurora.jpg

And a succession of Alices over the years:

GORILLAS DON'T BLOG: Instamatic Alice!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123