Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

One Man's Dream needs to play in Disneyland

One Man's Dream is a great little film on the broad sketch of Walt Disney's life and career (prepped for Walt's 100th birthday a few years back) - - now it has been improved for showings at WDW by replacing improper host Michael Eisner with classic Disney symbol Julie Andrews.

I know a lot of people who are into this subject and want to see this film, but never have, as they wouldn't ever go to DCA or even find it hidden in that animation screening room when it played in Anaheim. I'm repeatedly telling people about its mere existence - people who should know about it.

A movie about Walt (and such a good one at that) should really be playing IN Disneyland itself - epecially during the Disneyland 50th celebration. And there is no cost problem - no in theatre effects - all they need is a new print and a prominent location to screen it.

If they brought it back - it would certainly be preferable to Honey I Shrunk the Audience (even though its not TL themed, it IS Walt themed) - - or maybe most appropriately, a quick conversion of the Main Street Cinema into a small screening room (which would be a good idea no matter what film was playing).

Who else would like to see One Man's Dream return to Disneyland in Anaheim? I would replace the tired Honey with that in a minute!

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Re: One Man's Dream needs to play in Disneyland

I agree that it needs to be in Disneyland, especially since it's Disneyland s 50th. Maybe they could put it in at the Opera House and run it concurrently with the current 50th film and then concurrently with the Lincoln show after the 50th.
    Disneyland guests need to know that Walt Disney was a real man and the story of his life.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Former Epcot CM

If anything, it would be a bonus to DCA. Yes, Disneyland would be a better place with it, but DCA needs it more.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Minion

>>If anything, it would be a bonus to DCA. Yes, Disneyland would be a better place with it, but DCA needs it more.<<

I'd prefer it in Disneyland, but maybe in DCA, it could replace Golden Dreams or Seasons of the Vine (or Millionaire) like, immediately. Those films are both losers and unpopular. Either way it should be displayed prominently.

Sooner better than later.

It has already had it's chance in DCA. That film belongs in Disneyland, not Disneyland's parking lot.
    Walt had nothing to do with DCA, and everything to do with Disneyland.
    Walt should be honored in the Opera House in Disneyland, because that what that film does... it honors him.
    DCA needs to run on it's own steam, not the coattails of Walt Disney!Disney can come up with some Pixar ditty for DCA.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Still lost in Neverland

"One Mans Dream" was also the name of a fabulous stage show that was done at the Fantasyland Theater (called by another name back then) during the 35th anniversary of the Park. It had segments from Mickey and Minnie in black and white changing to color, Jungle Book, Peter Pan and others. It was a great show that went on to Tokyo DL to play (In Japanese) for many years.

That is the one stage show they should have brought back, updated a little, to present during the 50th instead of having a closed theater back there or doing that silly Snow White show. I was lucky to get a video camera back then and taped the show, and it still holds up after all these years.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Long Distance Imagineer

Actually, in keeping with the theme, it would be great to show at Fantasyland Theater. I realize it's not a live production, but perhaps an afternoon showing, when the weather's agreeable. Otherwise, maybe it could have special showings in the theater that showed the old black and white movies on Main Street.

I think the Opera House is a good idea, however it would mean people staying longer for that presentation, and not as many people would get through the entire production in the Opera House.

I guess what I meant was to run them alternately, with a break in between for a new crowd. Maybe, run the 50th film at the top of the hour and "One Mans Dream" on the bottom, ya know, every 30 minutes you get a new show.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

I would love to see the cinema expanded and re-imagined to present a small biographical presentation about Walt Disney's formative years in Chicago, Marceline, and Kansas City and culminating with his taking an interest in the relatively new art form of filmmaking.

The Main Street Cinema, as it exists today, does not really work.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 01-15-2006 at 11:34 PM.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Umm... the film "One Man's Dream" WAS playing in DCA at one point, during the year that Walt would have had his 100th birthday.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Makin' Movies !

At The Opera House, Waitin' For Mr. Lincoln!

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    I guess what I meant was to run them alternately, with a break in between for a new crowd. Maybe, run the 50th film at the top of the hour and "One Mans Dream" on the bottom, ya know, every 30 minutes you get a new show.
    I agree fully. The sooner the better!

• Northwest Disneyphile

I donít know, Iíve seen it and I didnít think it was that great. I do agree that people do need to know who Walt Disney was and what he did. I would love to see it done in some sort of new way.
    Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

• Disneyland Freak

I don't think DCA needs more shows... I think it could benefit from more quality attractions like Monsters Inc.

I'm not sure which One Man's Dream this thread is about but the One Man's Dream stage show from FL Theatre back in 1990 was AWESOME!

The show was changed a teeny bit and opened in HKDL when the park opened. There was a video of it somewhere I can't remember where but it IS in Japanese but viewing it I think you'd agree that's the type and quality of entertainment that the parks need... not Bore Trite - A Facetious Musical-- err-- I mean Snow White: An Enchanting Musical.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    I agree that it needs to be in Disneyland, especially since it's Disneyland s 50th. Maybe they could put it in at the Opera House and run it concurrently with the current 50th film and then concurrently with the Lincoln show after the 50th.
    Disneyland guests need to know that Walt Disney was a real man and the story of his life.
    Considering "Wonders of China" and "American Journeys" alternated throughout the day in circle-vision for years ........ they should do the same for this.

And in this day and age of running DLP "digital" projectors over reel-to-reel presentations (the standard at the El Capitan now, incase no one knew) ... how much does it take to load up another 25-30 minute film WITH the 20-25 minute film with Steve Martin .... for a digital projector with a memory for 2 hour features?

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast
    Umm... the film "One Man's Dream" WAS playing in DCA at one point, during the year that Walt would have had his 100th birthday.
    That's where I saw it originally.
    What I'm saying is that this film has signifigance to Disneyland, and that it should be running in Disneyland at the Opera House concurrently with whatever other film is being run at any given time. It's a great story of Walt Disney and it should be available for guest to see in the park that Walt created, not stumble upon it in DCA.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast