Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Selfie Expert

Re: What do you do when all is said and done?

I immediately start planning my next trip and try to scheme ways to get time off work and more money to pay for trips in between.

Additionally, I edit my pictures and start searching for things I want to see and do on my next trip.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

On the last night of my trip, I walk slowly out of Disneyland Park, and I don't look back. Looking back would signify that I'm not coming back, and in my heart, I know that I will.

Disneyland is my happy place, and MiceChat helps to keep Disneyland with me all year. That and all the pictures, and all the new memories that I have collected.

I don't get depressed. I guess I am odd like that.

I do start planning my next vacation, even when I don't know when that will be. Because regardless of all the fun I had, and all the things that I did, there's always something that I've left behind that needs doing. There's always a reason that I need to return.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Exactly one year ago today my hubby, two grands, and myself were in WDW for the first time. There for 8 days, met some friends twice, and had a terrific private tour of Hollywood studios with Jim Korkis. Sigh.

I just think about the next time we can go.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Elk Grove Chris

I take so many pictures that it takes me months to go through and edit them all. I space it out and don't edit huge batches at a time, this helps me relive the moments. I was lucky this year in that I had barely touched photos from a Halloween trip and we were back for Thanksgiving. But now I have to savor the memories and photos until probably August.
    They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    You've planned this vacation for months, you go and have the time of your life, you make the long trek home, and....

now what?

This is my least favorite part of the vacation. I usually slip into some hazy state of mind, laying in bed that night thinking "I was in Anaheim this morning, and now I have to go to work tomorrow." It's borderline depression. Does this happen to anyone else? What do you do after all is said and done?
    i look at my photos then get depressed because i gotta edit all 900 of them one by one on photoshop.. but then again it's like reliving the days at Disneyland! LOL

kidding aside, when i am not at disneyland i am here getting my fill!

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    I yell at my dog and softly sob to myself.

oh.u guys have the same signature too..

• Entrepreneur

Well when I get this feeling...I just don't think about the future, as in, look at all the photos you took or remember the fond memories you had =D

I'm going to be there in 3 weeks right before my passport expires and knowing I can't renew mine for awhile makes me feel a few different emotions. I'm always depressed about leaving and become a little morose about it but this time I'll also have the added sadness of probably not returning for a bit. But, not having a passport makes me think of all the other places I should also visit. And so I suppose it's bittersweet. I went to Hawaii for the first time last year and would like to also visit some new places for the first time. Or maybe go back to DisneyWorld=) As I've only been there twice.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walt Disney

•   
    • Banned User

A little envious of HiddenMickeyBook for meeting Jim Korkis.

These all make great sense. I totally agree with them all, especially in this order.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    One of the last things I do my last night there is to sit on a bench in town square and just... sit there quietly and soak up the atmosphere one last time before I walk out the gate the last time....
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    On the last night of my trip, I walk slowly out of Disneyland Park, and I don't look back. Looking back would signify that I'm not coming back, and in my heart, I know that I will.
    Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I go on MiceChat or stare at my new Disneyland map for an hour.

I do all of the above, plus one extra. I have this copy of Disneyland I've been building in 3D for a couple of years now. I'm never quite "done" with it. I fire up the computer the next day and go back and try to rearrange things so that it's more accurate. Oh, and sorting through pics, too.

Disneyland is so easy to enter, and so hard to leave.

Perhaps the most truthful answer is "I go home and sleep like a log, then wake up the next day feeling like I was back in basic training and just ran 30 miles."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12