Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Inappropriate

What do you do when all is said and done?

You've planned this vacation for months, you go and have the time of your life, you make the long trek home, and....

now what?

This is my least favorite part of the vacation. I usually slip into some hazy state of mind, laying in bed that night thinking "I was in Anaheim this morning, and now I have to go to work tomorrow." It's borderline depression. Does this happen to anyone else? What do you do after all is said and done?

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Mostly Harmless.

Re: What do you do when all is said and done?

I yell at my dog and softly sob to myself.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Sondheimian

It happens to me everytime, but especially this year, I was really depressed when I got back home. I just remember the amazing experience I had, and I keep reliving it over and over in my head; if I recorded any video, I just watch the videos I recorded, remembering everything, and just thinking about my next trip there. Just make the best you can out of work, and just remember how amazing Disneyland. Daydream if you have to!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Every.... single... time.

One of the last things I do my last night there is to sit on a bench in town square and just... sit there quietly and soak up the atmosphere one last time before I walk out the gate the last time....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Back in Black

When I still lived in Colorado, and the trips were every three years or so? I'd curl up in a ball, put on LeAnn Rimes singing Remember When, and cry myself to sleep every night for a week.

But now that I'm in LA? Get vaguely depressed until I realaize I can come back again REALLY soon if I want.
    -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

• Minion

I go on MiceChat or stare at my new Disneyland map for an hour.

• ~

I go to bed all dizzy from the long day and looking forward to having a wonderful night's sleep sine I'm always dead exhausted after a full trip. When I wake up the next day, I feel content. I feel happy. I spent a magical day with my family at one of my favorite places on Earth. I traveled back in time, I soared among the stars, I tasted the park's sweet air perfumed with nostalgia and magic-- the same magic that is still ringing in my ears the next day. It's the trip to the alternate reality that I needed-- and now it's my turn to take the inspiration that Disneyland gives me and apply it to my own life-- to set forth and pursue my dreams, to create something beautiful, to cherish all the little things and relationships that surround me, to not be afraid to be childlike and passionate about life. A trip to Disneyland is what reawakens my wonder for the world. And maybe in another few months, or in another year, or in another several years another trip to this realm of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy will be due. But when all is said and done-- I don't see it as time to cry or time to mope and I'm sad to see that so many people see it as such. Of course, every farewell is bittersweet. But for me, the sweetness of what a day in the park has given me, the pure beauty of the philosophies and messages that are conveyed in the park and the inspiration to adopt them into my own life, far overpowers the bitterness of saying goodbye.
    Last edited by gatheringrosebuds; 01-14-2013 at 09:56 PM.

• The doctor is in

I usually watch on-ride POV's on YouTube for a couple weeks and look at my empty Disney Parks bags in the trash.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Minion

Frantically look at my calendar for the next time I can go.

I just came back yesterday, and I diagnosed myself with PDDS - Post Disney Depression Syndrome.

Now that I have an annual passport, I am planning the next time I will visit!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Every.... single... time.

One of the last things I do my last night there is to sit on a bench in town square and just... sit there quietly and soak up the atmosphere one last time before I walk out the gate the last time....
    This exactly!

Which has led to many instances of logging on to Expedia while still sitting in Town Square, and booking another night....or two We don't do well with the return to reality

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    You've planned this vacation for months, you go and have the time of your life, you make the long trek home, and....

now what?

This is my least favorite part of the vacation. I usually slip into some hazy state of mind, laying in bed that night thinking "I was in Anaheim this morning, and now I have to go to work tomorrow." It's borderline depression. Does this happen to anyone else? What do you do after all is said and done?
    Look at it from a local's perspective. You were in Anaheim that morning. That's depressing in and of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Look at it from a local's perspective. You were in Anaheim that morning. That's depressing in and of itself.
    C'mon man, its not that bad!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by whitestrat View Post
    C'mon man, its not that bad!
    That is true. There is Anaheim Hills...

• -

Usually when it is over I am thankful that my kids have fallen asleep in the car on the way home and pray to the stars that they stay that way as I transfer them into the house.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast