Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fastpass / Admission ticket - all in party needed on entry?

I know the ins and outs of fastpass but I have one question regarding an upcoming visit I don't know the answer to:

Does everyone in my party need to be present for PARK ADMISSION at the start of the day?

A couple in my party can't make it until noon on Saturday. I'd like the rest of the party to be admitted at opening on Saturday, with ALL tickets (including the couples tickets) so that we can accumulate fastpass tickets in Disneyland for the entire party, including the two who won't arrive until noon. At noon we can exit and give them their tickets to join us, and this way they will be included in joining us on rides we have gained fastpasses for.

Is this possible?? Or does everyone have to be present for PARK ADMISSION? knowing the answer ahead of time will greatly affect planning for the day.

Re: Fastpass / Admission ticket - all in party needed on entry?

I believe you need to enter the park in order for your ticket to give you a Fastpass. So basically, you cannot get Fastpasses for those who have not yet entered the park

• World of Color

You need every single person in your party to be able to obtain a fastpass. For example if you want a Radiator Springs Racers fastpass all of your party must be present to get a pass for all of you

• Minion

Every admission ticket must have been scanned at the entrance gate to be able to be used for FP. So, no, your plan will not work.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by WoC 95 View Post
    You need every single person in your party to be able to obtain a fastpass.
    Not quite correct. You do need every singe person to have entered the park...either one of the parks...to obtain the fastpass. One person can be a fastpass runner and collect fastpasses for the rest of the group, however the ticket must be scanned and activated into one of the parks before you can collect fastpasses by the ticketholder. You do not want to activate their pass, cuz then it would be a re-entry and they would be stuck without a hand stamp and ID for muti day passes.

Very specific: can the ticket purchased for the missing couple be scanned on park entry if the couple is not present?

I know u can have a fastpass runner! I'm usually that guy!

The specific question obviously also asks if gate cast members allow this: the gate keeper would need to scan two extra tickets without "bodies present"

Additional question: if they can someone else above touched on another requirement: this missing couple can be handed the prescanned tickets for admission, but they obviously won't have handstamps. Are BOTH required (and ugh I think they are)

• I'm a fiddle player......

Even if they did scan the tickets the people missing would need a handstamp to be "re-admited".

Yes, they are BOTH required for re-entry...plus if it is a multi day ticket, they are writing the names on the tickets plus currently according to reports, taking a photo of the ticket holder for re-entry.

You could use yours, then exit and re-enter with the other tickets, but you will most likely not be able to get your friends in as a re-entry...otherwise you could get a whole family in two tickets at a time.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mousing Around View Post
    Very specific: can the ticket purchased for the missing couple be scanned on park entry if the couple is not present?

The specific question obviously also asks if gate cast members allow this: the gate keeper would need to scan two extra tickets without "bodies present"

Additional question: if they can someone else above touched on another requirement: this missing couple can be handed the prescanned tickets for admission, but they obviously won't have handstamps. Are BOTH required (and ugh I think they are)
    Basically you need a ticket and ID to get in, and will have a picture taken that will be seen by the ticket scanning CM on entry.

Handstamps are kind of needed for reentry. When the parks are near capacity they are nessecary, if not they are not strenuously enforced as needed to reenter.

You should plan your FP collection carefully, and get two pairs for each attraction as time allows.

• Can Only Wish For More!

Quote Originally Posted by Mousing Around View Post

You could just enjoy yourselves without the couple and then just get Fastpasses later in the day when all the tickets are scanned.

You really do NEED to have the tickets scanned at entry before getting FP's. I highly doubt an Entry CM would scan tickets without a person available. You'll also need to get the handstamp to re-enter the park if the tickets are somehow scanned before they are actually used.

Sorry to be such a downer, but rules is rules.
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

Sadly, your plan will not work. They will not be able to scan tickets for people who are not there, and they are asking for ID on all multi-day tickets according to the signs in the Esplanade between the two Parks. You cannot put in an unactivated ticket in the FastPass machine since it will not recognize it. Just plan on your day doing non-FastPass rides until noon, then from noon until whenever, you guys can go about collecting one set of FastPass tickets every two hours or so. It will say at the bottom of the FastPass when you can get your next one. For Radiator Springs Racers, if everyone wants to ride that, wait in the Standby Line if you all absolutely MUST ride together (6 people per car) or if you don't mind splitting up and know that you WILL most certainly be split up, you guys can opt for Single Rider when that Line is up and running. But please, if you do Single Rider, do not argue with a CM that you didn't know it was Single Rider and request/demand that you and your friends with you are actually a party of X-amount of people.

• Mistress of Evil

Like others said, your plan will not work due to these two issues:
    ~ The ticket must be presented by a live person in order to be activated - CM's are not going to activate tickets when people are not present.
    ~ Tickets must be activated in one of the parks in order to obtain a FP.

OP when your friends get there, you can try ask the CM on duty at ride if they will allow your friends in the FP line with you. I have done that before one day my husband wanted to sleep in a little, and they let him on the ride by adding a +1 to my FP (the ride was RSR). It is a possibility, but I would not count on it working.

• -

Is the OP really asking for advice on how to scam the fastpass and entry systems of the park?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Thanks everyone for the info.

I do not intend to scam Disneyland nor is scamming the intention behind my question.

It's a very simple question and I was asking it with nothing more than the honest interest to see if it is possible to gain fastpasses for fully paid visitors that would be showing up later, nothing more.

We will either all attend later in the day, or just be aware the couple can't join on early fastpasses, or have the group hold off using their fastpasses until the couple "catches up".

I'm actually one of the couple.

Thanks again, and again no ill intention is behind this. I do see how my honest and simple question can be expanded, sorry for that. I'm only interested in the answers already given and have never sought to abuse park admission.

• Vidia's Minion

Also fast passes should be mostly adhered to on the time limit. It might not be totally enforced yet (though thankfully it should be soon).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast