Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Re: Disneyland Employee Struck By Undercover Cop Last Night

Its time for Harbor and the entire East strip of Harbor needs to be moved and with talk of a third gate will require Harbor to moved, changed, put under ground, something. We have to remember that Harbor is a major vain here in OC so it not going away anytime soon.

• Sock Puppet

Looks like no one actually bothered to read the article. She was not crossing Harbor Boulevard, she was crossing Disneyland Drive at Magic Way.

• Inappropriate

Of course I didn't read the article. Had I read the article, it would've messed up all my points about Harbor.

The downside of having a bridge for pedestrians is that motorists now feel zero responsibility to look for anybody crossing their path. Better is to structure the crossing so that pedestrians have time and space to cross, maybe have all stoplights red and all pedestrians go in all directions, then turn the lights to let the cars go. Definitely make the crosswalk area wider, so people aren't crammed into the intersection.

I have the same discussions about bike lanes. When streams of traffic mix, drivers get used to looking for non-car traffic. If you separate bikes and pedestrians from cars, drivers tend to feel you "deserve" to get hit if you're crossing with them.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Isn't the intersection at Disney Dr. and Magic Way where all the guests, who choose to hoof it instead of wait for the tram, cross? I'd like to think that Disney will be proactive and build an above or below-ground walkway but I fear that instead they will close off the pathway and force guests and CMs to take the tram from now on.
    If they would have installed a pedestrian overpass there when they built the structure, this girl wouldn't have been hit. Of course, if the driver was watching what he was doing, she wouldn't have been hit either.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    Looks like no one actually bothered to read the article. She was not crossing Harbor Boulevard, she was crossing Disneyland Drive at Magic Way.
    No, I read it, but pedestrians have been hit on Harbor too and it's another local crossing with a lot of potential for accidents. I'm sure that's why it's come up in the conversation.

At a lot of intersections around the resort it is dangerous for pedestrians.

• Not the Fallen

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    This seems to be happening more and more often, they really need to build walkways over the street like they have in Vegas at all the major intersections around the resort =/
    Would be a very wise idea!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Pedestrians have been hit on Katella too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12