Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

Re: Indiana Jones Still Underperforming?

Quote Originally Posted by burkesox98 View Post
    you can see indy underperforming in little bits. but what im sad about is after the refurb they seemed to change the protocol for the line. i remember getting in line then the CM would stop you let the FP line go through and then the regular line go. then you would walk through most of the queue until the well with the rope. now it seems they start the line up again right before the cave. waiting in line is no big deal but it feels lame when you have a FP and you skip maybe ten minutes of the line. anybody else feel like this?
    I'm really glad to hear that they decided to do this, now people can enjoy the queue like how it was designed by the Imagineers.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I think I have only seen the bolder work correctly once ever!

• Parking Lot > DCA

On a good note, the waterfall effect that comes out of Mara's mouth in the big room has worked everytime I've ridden it which is nice. It's an effect that you don't see right away but adds to the detail of the attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Congo Chris View Post
    The problem with the bolder effect is that they run the jeeps too close together, and the effect doesn't have time to re-set. I rode it last Friday, and it was fine. On Sunday, it was messed up again.
    ^This. Cast member on Indy here. One of the downsides of attempting to be efficient is that this happens sometimes. It works just fine, however will start acting up if it doesn't have time to reset. It's typically fixed by resort maintenance a good 2-3 times a day....then will act up again.

• Pluto's #1 Fan

One thing to remember with Indiana Jones Ride and all of it quirks is how the ride is programmed. It has been stated that there are about 160,000 different "versions" of the ride with little changes in Jeep performance, show elements like phrases, lighting, chambers, etc. Me personally, I love it when I ride breaks or gets quirky.

When I studied basic programming I learned that if something doesn't work right with a program, or it crashes, you get the chance to peek a little bit into its inner workings and sometimes find a vulnerability and try to fix it. So seeing the skylights, piping, tracks, and other little things that come up in "errors" is very exciting for me.
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." --Walt Disney

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by adventure View Post
    ^This. Cast member on Indy here. One of the downsides of attempting to be efficient is that this happens sometimes. It works just fine, however will start acting up if it doesn't have time to reset. It's typically fixed by resort maintenance a good 2-3 times a day....then will act up again.
    Are you guys pushing through Jeeps at more than every 18 seconds? I thought the ride was designed for a dispatch every 18 seconds. I wonder what the guest count per hour rises to if it's pused to every 15 seconds or so.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Born View Post
    Are you guys pushing through Jeeps at more than every 18 seconds? I thought the ride was designed for a dispatch every 18 seconds. I wonder what the guest count per hour rises to if it's pused to every 15 seconds or so.
    Nope, 18 seconds is correct. If the station begins to back up the transports will hold at certain positions on the track. If they back up a little too much towards the end of the attraction, sometimes the room simply will not have time to reset and will timeout. It really isn't a big fix either, just requires a running repair by maintenance while the ride is still in operation. Depending on how busy they are, they may or may not actually get to it.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by adventure View Post
    Nope, 18 seconds is correct. If the station begins to back up the transports will hold at certain positions on the track. If they back up a little too much towards the end of the attraction, sometimes the room simply will not have time to reset and will timeout. It really isn't a big fix either, just requires a running repair by maintenance while the ride is still in operation. Depending on how busy they are, they may or may not actually get to it.
    Thank you so much for this information. It answered one of my biggest questions that I have had for a long time!

I just hope the doors aren't stuck open when I go in March, that kills it for me.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Banned User

VERY disappointing "refurb"...

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Thank you so much for this information. It answered one of my biggest questions that I have had for a long time!

I just hope the doors aren't stuck open when I go in March, that kills it for me.
    They worked today! I find it usually works well in the morning, so that would be the time to hit Indy if you want working effects.

• Parking Lot > DCA

I rode it tonight everything worked perfectly!

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    VERY disappointing "refurb"...
    No I don't think this was a disappointing Referb. We got a lot of little TLC and I have been experiencing the attraction now differently every time I go inside. Don't drum up failer if the CM are disbatching cars to soon but they have to keep the line moving. During this update we did get Next Gen install.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Hukuna Matata!

I must have visited at the right time, I was there on Thurs-Sunday Morning and rode it a good amount of times, And I must say I thought it was the best it has ever been, Did not have any malfunctions. I loved the well needed refurb and cannot wait to ride it again.

• Minion

you can see indy underperforming in little bits. but what im sad about is after the refurb they seemed to change the protocol for the line. i remember getting in line then the CM would stop you let the FP line go through and then the regular line go. then you would walk through most of the queue until the well with the rope. now it seems they start the line up again right before the cave. waiting in line is no big deal but it feels lame when you have a FP and you skip maybe ten minutes of the line. anybody else feel like this?
    That sucks...hopefully that was just a fluke on your visit. I understand that the standby people prefer waiting in the temple to outside obviously but when I get a Fastpass I want to go through quickly. There's only so much detail you can take in, and really, nothing is lost by walking on through at your own pace. If on my next trip they make me wait with a Fastpass for that long I'll complain and hope that they fix it.

• Pilot EdForceOne

now it seems they start the line up again right before the cave. waiting in line is no big deal but it feels lame when you have a FP and you skip maybe ten minutes of the line. anybody else feel like this?
    You skip way more than 10mins of the line.

When we were there 2 weeks ago, the merged line was about the start of the bat cave and it didn't take you long at all to get to the film room. Because they took you in batches, you didn't even really stay in the rotunda room.. just walked through it. Meanwhile.. people were waiting for an hour+ outside before they even GOT to FP merge point.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast