Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Minion

Re: Indiana Jones Still Underperforming?

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    You skip way more than 10mins of the line.

When we were there 2 weeks ago, the merged line was about the start of the bat cave and it didn't take you long at all to get to the film room. Because they took you in batches, you didn't even really stay in the rotunda room.. just walked through it. Meanwhile.. people were waiting for an hour+ outside before they even GOT to FP merge point.
    That seems reasonable. I was under the impression the line for both now started right when the temple began. That would definitely take a good chunk of time to get through.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    That seems reasonable. I was under the impression the line for both now started right when the temple began. That would definitely take a good chunk of time to get through.
    The merge point (CM taking your FP) is at the entrance to the temple. They hold FP and standby back there and do not let the full walkway beyond fill up. During our stay (peak time), they consistently let the 'inside' line build up to approximately the start of the bat caves. This means the more detailed part of the queue is used (the bat caves, spike room, and beyond).

There often is a line outside for FP (right hand side.. walking straight to temple entrance) due to the holding back at the temple entrance.. and the standby line winds all around on the left side at ground level.

Space mountain is handled virtually the same. They do not allow the interior queue to fill up completely and the FP merge point is at the entrance to the interior queue.

This is pretty common in DL vs WDW because of the smaller queues that weren't built with FP in mind and there did not extend a seperate FP line all the way to unload.

In theory they could have reworked the exit paths for the FP lines.. but there are constraints and limits on that as well.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Closed Account

Maybe it's not working for some of you because you are the ones that looked into the eyes of Mara. Just saying cause I heard that really pisses her off.

I went Saturday. The boulder rolled but the walls didn't move. Getting closer, but not there yet.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I was on it a couple weeks ago and everything was working perfectly. It was SUCH a breath of fresh air! However, I'm disappointed to hear that it isn't consistently firing on all cylinders.

Unrelated but just curious. How dangerous would it be if the steering wheel could spin? Whether it be a full 360 or stops at a certain angle, I don't really care. I'd just like to know. Undoubtedly if the wheel could spin, I can see the OSHA coming in like a tidal wave.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

I don't understand why for Singal Rider they make you go into the film room? I can quote everything that film says front to end and at time i could just skip line and go straight for the elevator. Just to note they have added new "turnstyles" for handicap and singal riders. they send then into different lines when it cross the main line.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Among mad people

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I don't understand why for Singal Rider they make you go into the film room? I can quote everything that film says front to end and at time i could just skip line and go straight for the elevator. Just to note they have added new "turnstyles" for handicap and singal riders. they send then into different lines when it cross the main line.
    I suppose some people want to watch it, If it was my first time riding it, and I had to go myself, Im sure I would like to watch the film. I've only been on it about 10 times myself, and can't quote the movie, but I enjoy just strolling down the whole queue and taking in the details.

Perhaps they should have two single rider lines. 1 for people who want theming, and 1 for "Just let me on the thing".

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I don't understand why for Singal Rider they make you go into the film room? ...
    I suppose for the same reason that every time you fly in an airplane, they show you how to buckle up a seat belt... Lawyers

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    Unrelated but just curious. How dangerous would it be if the steering wheel could spin? Whether it be a full 360 or stops at a certain angle, I don't really care. I'd just like to know. Undoubtedly if the wheel could spin, I can see the OSHA coming in like a tidal wave.
    As awesome as that would be for anyone with common sense, I see it being more of an issue than anything. Not only a safety issue but I am sure it would need consistent maintenance from the constant jerking and slamming that poor wheel would take from the ride and the guests.

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    As awesome as that would be for anyone with common sense, I see it being more of an issue than anything. Not only a safety issue but I am sure it would need consistent maintenance from the constant jerking and slamming that poor wheel would take from the ride and the guests.
    What if it was more like one that could just keep on spinning around? Instead of having a fixed point at which the wheel would stop the wheel would keep on turning? Like an axle with a wheel at the end of it going through a hole. Nothing would stop the wheel from spinning.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    What if it was more like one that could just keep on spinning around? Instead of having a fixed point at which the wheel would stop the wheel would keep on turning? Like an axle with a wheel at the end of it going through a hole. Nothing would stop the wheel from spinning.
    A busted steering wheel that spins (a la Toad and the Motoboat Cruise) but does nothing to control the out-of-control jeep is a fun idea!
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

Nm

If the steering wheel could turn, I'm sure my "acting" would be a lot better. Typically when I get the driver seat I "drive" since I know all the turns, but I'm just sliding my hands over the wheel... I've always wanted it to turn.

Quote Originally Posted by JackNormandie View Post
    If the steering wheel could turn, I'm sure my "acting" would be a lot better. Typically when I get the driver seat I "drive" since I know all the turns, but I'm just sliding my hands over the wheel... I've always wanted it to turn.
    Made even worse when at the loading station you find out the wheel has that very sticky feel to it making the sliding a bit more complicated than usual.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123