Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Indiana Jones Still Underperforming?

While at the parks on Sunday, I went on Indiana Jones and was disappointed by how many of the effects weren't working properly or at all. The chambers of destiny effect was not working at all, and the door remained open allowing you to see the car ahead of you. While the room wasn't rotating, inside the hallway, all three "destinies" were cycling through. (I rode again later in the day to see if anything had changed) Inside the "big room" the blasts of green light that shine from Mara's eyes were continuously shining and illuminating parts of the room you would not normally see. While (as a Disney nerd) that is kind of cool, it totally ruins the illusion because most of the walls are meant to be seen only under a blacklight. The extra light also made the room much brighter than usual, which took away some of the excitement of being bounced around in the dark. While I never was a fan of the rat/fog projection, that effect wasn't working at all, and despite my personal views, I would rather it be functional. The finale was also a near complete loss as well. While the boulder itself did extend down, the room did not back away to complete the "reversing jeep" illusion. Additionally, above the jeeps was the ceiling that is usually obscured by the boulder tunnel, but was able to be seen by guests. There were some faint skylights that were visible which I highly doubt would exist in a real temple.

I know an attraction like this is comprised of many, complicated parts, but since Indy just came back from a three month refurb, I was hoping for a more consistent ride experience. I also realize three months is a short amount of time, and I also want to note that the interior is absolutely gorgeous, all of the new paint really does make the attraction shine. Has anyone else noticed these problems? Was I just there on a bad day?

• No Disassemble!

Re: Indiana Jones Still Underperforming?

Seems like Indy's settled back into the same attraction she's always been.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Parking Lot > DCA

I was there Sunday as well and experienced the same issues. In fact, I've rode it probably about 8 times since it reopened and it hasn't been 100% (for me at least) even one time. I'm hoping these kinks get worked out..

I was there yesterday and everything worked fine.

• Back in Black

I experienced the same issues...

I feel like Any time theres a refurb on Indy, it comes out not 100%, and it just finally settles back into what we're used to, rather than actually being upgraded or fixed, which is kind of disappointing.
    -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by ewokrights View Post
    While at the parks on Sunday, I went on Indiana Jones and was disappointed by how many of the effects weren't working properly or at all. The chambers of destiny effect was not working at all, and the door remained open allowing you to see the car ahead of you. While the room wasn't rotating, inside the hallway, all three "destinies" were cycling through. (I rode again later in the day to see if anything had changed) Inside the "big room" the blasts of green light that shine from Mara's eyes were continuously shining and illuminating parts of the room you would not normally see. While (as a Disney nerd) that is kind of cool, it totally ruins the illusion because most of the walls are meant to be seen only under a blacklight. The extra light also made the room much brighter than usual, which took away some of the excitement of being bounced around in the dark. While I never was a fan of the rat/fog projection, that effect wasn't working at all, and despite my personal views, I would rather it be functional. The finale was also a near complete loss as well. While the boulder itself did extend down, the room did not back away to complete the "reversing jeep" illusion. Additionally, above the jeeps was the ceiling that is usually obscured by the boulder tunnel, but was able to be seen by guests. There were some faint skylights that were visible which I highly doubt would exist in a real temple.

I know an attraction like this is comprised of many, complicated parts, but since Indy just came back from a three month refurb, I was hoping for a more consistent ride experience. I also realize three months is a short amount of time, and I also want to note that the interior is absolutely gorgeous, all of the new paint really does make the attraction shine. Has anyone else noticed these problems? Was I just there on a bad day?
    Thanks for the update, I'm disappointed to learn Indy is still having problems.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

This keeps happenining to me too. I think only have seen the bolder do the whole effect once within the last year and that was with 5 rides after the referb. I know most of the referb was installing Next Gen and repainting everything. But this attraction does need a major 6-8 month referb like Big Thunder is getting in order to bring it up to standards and make every effect work everytime (and make all the Indy anamatronics look more real wouldn't hurt either)

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    This keeps happenining to me too. I think only have seen the bolder do the whole effect once within the last year and that was with 5 rides after the referb. I know most of the referb was installing Next Gen and repainting everything. But this attraction does need a major 6-8 month referb like Big Thunder is getting in order to bring it up to standards and make every effect work everytime (and make all the Indy anamatronics look more real wouldn't hurt either)
    The problem with the bolder effect is that they run the jeeps too close together, and the effect doesn't have time to re-set. I rode it last Friday, and it was fine. On Sunday, it was messed up again.

• Minion

I rode it two Sundays ago and everything was working perfectly. It's really a shame it can't be this way all the time, but a lot of things and kinks go into Indy. It's a big and pretty advanced attraction. Some things are sure to go wrong, unfortunately.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

I've ridden Indy twice since it re-opened. The first time was great, but the boulder effect wasn't working properly. The second time everything worked well, except I did experience the same thing you did with regard to the green light. I saw TOO much. Gears and whatnot along the walls. There was too much light. Sadly, the other times I've *tried* to go, the ride was shut down entirely.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• The doctor is in

This is unfortunate but not surprising. Indy hasn't worked right since it opened in 1995.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

I can understand. Its been running for 18 years now. Things get old. Still my favorite ride though!

• Back in Black

On a positive note, the magma under the bridge really POPPED after the refurb! Looked way better than just "red mist," you can see the detail of the lava rocks way easier.
    -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

•   
    • Minion

seemed pretty awesome to me when I rode it last week a couple times. I could definitely tell they spruced it up a lot.

you can see indy underperforming in little bits. but what im sad about is after the refurb they seemed to change the protocol for the line. i remember getting in line then the CM would stop you let the FP line go through and then the regular line go. then you would walk through most of the queue until the well with the rope. now it seems they start the line up again right before the cave. waiting in line is no big deal but it feels lame when you have a FP and you skip maybe ten minutes of the line. anybody else feel like this?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast