Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oswalds "S" out

• I'm from Canada eh!

Re: Oswalds "S" out

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    you can say that agin, the whole floor is ripped up, was not like this when it opened.
    Funny enough though, it kind of works considering it is a junk yard Makes the ride a tad bumpy though.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    I was in the park today and noticed that the Neon sign "S' for Oswalds gas station was out... just the "G.A." is TDA neglecting Buena vista street already ?.

i think that it is meant to be like that. so therefore i am not worried and i wouldn't worry that BVS is being neglected. Because if it was broken or a lightbulb was out they would have fixed it already(because it is Disney and they take care of their stuff ) so which tells me it's meant to be that way.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    i think that it is meant to be like that. so therefore i am not worried and i wouldn't worry that BVS is being neglected. Because if it was broken or a lightbulb was out they would have fixed it already(because it is Disney and they take care of their stuff ) so which tells me it's meant to be that way.
    A sign is meant to be broken? Gosh...now I wanna go check this out!

It took me a minute to figure out what was wrong with Mater's. It doesn't bug me that much since it's a junkyard and all.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Minion

Maters is being fixed as we speak its being resurfaced and about the neon they'll probably learn and make back ups of every sign for neon parts.

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Observer

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    why would they design like that. doesn't make sense. there are many things through out the resort that have fallen apart or broken that has taken a while before they fix it. The "O" in Toon Town sign. show effects on many attractions. maters. why would they design the Sign on BVS to been burnt out.

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderCvrDisneyGeek View Post
    Re: Maters Jamboree's condition, its my sons favorite ride so I always talk to CM's there. What happened was right after an epoxy was put on right after Cars Land opening, there was an unforseen rain storm that ruined most of the epoxy. CM's on that ride tell me it'll be repaired in the "off season".
    Speaking from experience that floor epoxy is finicky. I've seen $100g spent on hangar floors and a month later the painters have to come in and replace half of it.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Sock Puppet

why would they design like that. doesn't make sense. there are many things through out the resort that have fallen apart or broken that has taken a while before they fix it. The "O" in Toon Town sign. show effects on many attractions. maters. why would they design the Sign on BVS to been burnt out.
    because in a small town like they recreated, not everything is perfect and all the time fixed.but i was thinking of carsland.. not BVS...

but still it takes a while to re order neon signs.
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 01-16-2013 at 12:00 PM.

• Sock Puppet

well they could be also trying to create a effect but it's BVS not carsland..
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 01-16-2013 at 12:04 PM.

• Observer

I know, but u think they would be more prepared and organized....

• Sock Puppet

I know, but u think they would be more prepared and organized....
    maybe they didn't think the light would go out as fast. because the rest of the sign is okay...maybe something shorted. but custom neon signs like that take a while to make, so who knows!

• I am number 4 of 999

What surprised me is that BOTH S's went out. So one bulb lights up both letters? Didn't plan that one too well.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I took this photo tonight (1-16-13)
    All three should be light up but its on both sides, this look like a electrical problems.
    Name:  GA-small.JPG
Views: 188
Size:  43.5 KB
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

•   

PoisonedApples has a good point. Of course someone would make it like that, at least it's a possibility. After designing an attraction to look perfect someone might look at it and say "It's nice, but not quite enough. We need to make it more authentic. Can we have the imagineers make one of the letters flash like it's going on and off, just like a vintage neon sign where the letters are going out?" I could bolster that theory by pointing out that a sign with a blinking object tends to attract more attention than ones that don't. In the event that the letter did flicker on and off, it just seems to be within Disney's theming that they might have had a speaker that makes a "Bzzzt! Bzzt-bzzt!" sound at the same pace of the letter going on and off. Just look at the Tower of Terror.

Looking at the pic above? ....no, it just looks like the ballast that controls the voltage to the "S" is out, the gas-charged letters themselves are most likely okay.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    you can say that agin, the whole floor is ripped up, was not like this when it opened.
    But.... it's supposed to be a "Junkyard"... it's part of the theme I tell you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast