Question Tomorrow Land Tower at Disneyland Hotel

In Al Lutz's 2nd most recent column here on Miceage, he referenced a likely green light for the 4th tower at the Disneyland Hotel to be called the Tomorrowland Tower. He also referenced it as being located next to or near ESPN Zone in Downtown Disney. Here is where I am confused; having looked at satellite imagery and having been a fairly frequent guest at the Disneyland Hotel, I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE next to ESPN Zone there is room for a new tower?

The best place I can picture it is in the space immediately behind the Adventureland Tower, next to the Frontierland Tower in what is currently being used as the wedding lawn. Can someone knowledgeable about future development, or who has a better understanding of the scope and size of a tower footprint please enlighten me as to where this might actually be going?

Also, Al, is this going to be a DVC tower or regular rooms?

Thanks,

• Under that tree again!

Re: Tomorrow Land Tower at Disneyland Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Sdlipton View Post
    having been a fairly frequent guest at the Disneyland Hotel, I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE next to ESPN Zone there is room for a new tower?
    As you walk out of the DLH going into DTD, to your left(north) is a old roadway that goes between the DLH valet parking lot and the DTD valet/taxi drop off area. This is the rumored location. It roughly centered in a spot behind the ESPN Zone.

There have been plenty of rumors about future hotels, and Disney has other areas to build them too. Wait and see what actually happens instead of planning based on rumors.

• Senior Monorail Minion

I wonder why they are not building it in its original planned location to finish off the "box" effect.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Monorail Junkie

Can someone google map and highlight the area they are talking about. I am also unsure the area your talking about next to ESPN zone.

Thank you in advance

• Minion

• Monorail Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post

This is classic. Thank you!!!!!!! I remember staying there as a kid and loved it.

Ah, Googie Architecture! Imagine if we had an entire land in California Adventure dedicated to the time when this style was all the rage.

It would be like this concept where the original Tomorrowland is now celebrated as an iconic symbol of the past (specifically California's past)...basically a theme park version of a previous theme park land that existed right next door...and now the self-referential, meta-ness of it all is getting me dizzy...
    Last edited by choco choco; 01-16-2013 at 08:18 PM.

• Johnny and Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    I wonder why they are not building it in its original planned location to finish off the "box" effect.
    If it were built there, it would not have a view of the parks. The other towers would be in the way.

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by jchamb268 View Post
    Can someone google map and highlight the area they are talking about. I am also unsure the area your talking about next to ESPN zone.

Thank you in advance
    Name:  Tomorrowland-Tower.gif
Views: 210
Size:  209.6 KB

The old road they are referring to on the map is Downtown Drive.

It's kinda messed up that they are eager to construct more rooms when all of the other privately owned hotels, motels, and lodges just got wrapped up having their most successful year since God knows when.. It just seems to me that once the fervor over Cars Land dies down, Disney will be poised to steal even more guests away from the other places.
    Last edited by G24T; 01-16-2013 at 10:36 PM.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Not the Fallen

Thanks for sharing the map. Pretty interesting if they do decide to build it there. Hopefully it will be more "futuristic" compared to Tomorrowland itself. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    If it were built there, it would not have a view of the parks. The other towers would be in the way.
    LOL, not quite. Only half of Adventureland tower can even see the parks off in the distance. All other rooms have other views. The main reason to not build the hotel in the back is because of what is actually behind the hotel...houses. And its not the nicest, well kept area in Anaheim. It makes more sense to build the tower in its current rumored location.

As well, there is a lot of hotel support stuff back there which would have to be moved or integrated into the new tower. I think its just easier to build it near ESPN Zone.

I remember going by that motel and being mesmerized by the facade, especially at night. Ahhh...