Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Murphy Lover

Re: Height Requirements

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Well ew...I can't say I experienced that but that is no good at all.

Personally, I think the Indy measurement pole is on a hill and leans..making it innacurate and an optical illusion.
    That's what I thought too and so I went both measurement poles (one at the ride entrance and on at the fastpass entrance) with the same cast member and they both were off.

Crossing my fingers he gets on Friday!
    Jennifer
    http://www.facebook.com/cadensmama
    Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

Each ride that has a height requirement usually has several different spots in which the heights are check. So don't be surprised if CMs keep asking to check your child's height.

•   
    • Banned User

So reading over this thread I see a possible solution.

Bring a tape measure to the park. I'm dead serious. Go up to the pole, run your tape measure to the ground and prove/disprove the accuracy of their pole.

I understand and respect the need for regulations and park safety, in fact my motto has always been "Safety third!" but in a case like this I'd bring a tape measure.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    So reading over this thread I see a possible solution.

Bring a tape measure to the park. I'm dead serious. Go up to the pole, run your tape measure to the ground and prove/disprove the accuracy of their pole.

I understand and respect the need for regulations and park safety, in fact my motto has always been "Safety third!" but in a case like this I'd bring a tape measure.

safety third.... don't you mean safety first!??

• Selfie Expert

If he's 35.5 without shoes, he'll be over 36 with shoes (assuming he's wearing sneaker, not flip flops). I know my friend took their daughter and she wore her snow boots to help her meet height requirements... lol!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

•   
    • Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    safety third.... don't you mean safety first!??
    Safety's for wimps who are afraid of a little hospital time now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    Safety's for wimps who are afraid of a little hospital time now and again.
    Haha

I wonder if, after reading all of the responses here, a minimum AGE requirement is in order, rather than minimum height? Even if a child is big for their age, their muscle and bone structure is not as developed as a older, yet smaller child. I wonder if a short 4-yr-old is is actually safer on certain rides than a tall 2 or 3-yr-old. This rule applies to car seats in my part of the world. Once a child is a certain size combined with a minimum age of 4 they can move from a 5-pt-harness to a booster seat. They can not move to a booster, even if they're big enough, until they are at least 4 due to underdeveloped bone structure, resulting in more serious injury in case of a collision.

How about free admission 3 and under,and after that you're allowed on certain rides based on age/size, rather than just height? If it is truly safety first, then there are many more things to consider!

• Disneyland Original '55

When I was little I was just under the bar by a little bit and the cast member wouldn't let me ride Indy, so my parents bought me cowboy boots in Frontierland and waited till the cast members switch shifts and the next time i tried I was let on the ride and they didn't even check my hight.
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

Removed.
    Last edited by oo_nrb; 01-21-2013 at 12:43 AM.
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CanaDuh View Post
    How about free admission 3 and under,and after that you're allowed on certain rides based on age/size, rather than just height? If it is truly safety first, then there are many more things to consider!
    I don't think parents think about this. They think "Oh, Johnny is finally tall enough so we can ride again" and off they go. My granddaughter is tall for her age. I think she will hit 40" around to her third birthday. But, I doubt we will put her on most 40" rides until she is much older. It may be safe, but she won't be ready.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12