Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Height Requirements

Hi!

my little guy is 35.5" tall shoeless (and without hair spiking gel

Are Disney's height requirements fairly close to "real life" measurements, or will my kid have to skip the cool rides til our next trip?

thanks!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Height Requirements

There are measuring poles at the entrance of each ride. He will have to stand against the pole and a CM will see if he reaches the height indicator.

Direct from the Website:

Disneyland Park
    32" (82 cm) or taller and accompanied by another rider 54" or taller

35" (89 cm) or taller

40" (102 cm) or taller

42" (107 cm) or taller

46" (117 cm) or taller

54" (137 cm) or taller to ride alone

Disney California Adventure Park
    32" (82 cm) or taller and accompanied by another rider 54" or taller

36" (91 cm) or taller

40" (102 cm) or taller

42" (106 cm) or taller

48" (122 cm) or taller

I'm more concerned about whether or not my "36 inches" is the same as Disney's 36 inches. Even though I'm pre-measuring him, is Disney generous with their measuring poles, or are they extra-careful to avoid liability?

thanks!

And I know it's safety first and foremost, just curious!

Quote Originally Posted by CanaDuh View Post
    I'm more concerned about whether or not my "36 inches" is the same as Disney's 36 inches. Even though I'm pre-measuring him, is Disney generous with their measuring poles, or are they extra-careful to avoid liability?

thanks!
    No, they will not let him pass if he does not meet the height indicator. It took my boy a few months of sadness until he finally reached Indy height. But he made it

• Circle of Ancients

In my experience they are pretty accurate, but it looks like the only one it's going to help on is Gadgets. If he's 36" there is no way he's going to be able to ride any of the 40" rides.

Luckily with Disney, there are plenty of other awesome things he can ride.

Thanks!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by CanaDuh View Post

thanks!
    they will measure they have signs and they will make them stand under them to see, just to double check..i think they might be extra carefull with the measuring poles for liability

• Sock Puppet

or u can make him or her wear thick thick socks, maybe like 3 of them for extra padding and height and then some plateformed tennis shoes LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    or u can make him or her wear thick thick socks, maybe like 3 of them for extra padding and height and then some plateformed tennis shoes LOL
    Hmmm, I really wouldn't suggest that he do something to try and skirt around Disney's safety rules.

OP I suggest you just use the measurement bars at the entrance to the rides and see what he can do. And as Sir Clinksalot said, there are tons of other things he will be able to do. He'll have a blast!

Good suggestion, although I think the cheating might defeat the purpose of the minimum height requirement

• Sock Puppet

i wasn't trying to skirt. it was a joke.... i think maybe you should call disney and ask them, ask them if the poles give wiggle room or not

I can pretty much guarantee there is no wiggle room. My kid had to wait until his head touched the pole on Indy before he got to ride. They are pretty strict about it.

• Murphy Lover

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I can pretty much guarantee there is no wiggle room. My kid had to wait until his head touched the pole on Indy before he got to ride. They are pretty strict about it.
    Ha! Interesting that you mentioned that. About a month a go, I took my son to the doctor (annual checkup) and he was measured at 47" (we both excited that he could finally go on Indy). But when we got to Indy, we was shorter than 46" and won't let him on.

From my experience from working at Disney, the rule is if the cast member can fit their flat had between the stick and the top of the head they are too short. However, we were there, the cast member jammed his hand between my son's and the stick and hurt my son's head. I was so angry that they used such force to show that he was so short.

I took my compliant of what happened to City Hall and I explained what had happened. And how the cast member hurt my sons head and they did nothing about it. No compensation, no nothing. City Hall went on to say, that their measurements are correct and that my doctor's office is lying to us. I WAS SO ANGRY THAT THEY WOULD EVEN SAY THAT!

Never the less, I am going back on Friday to see if my son is big enough!
    Jennifer
    http://www.facebook.com/cadensmama
    Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Cadensmama07 View Post
    Ha! Interesting that you mentioned that. About a month a go, I took my son to the doctor (annual checkup) and he was measured at 47" (we both excited that he could finally go on Indy). But when we got to Indy, we was shorter than 46" and won't let him on.

From my experience from working at Disney, the rule is if the cast member can fit their flat had between the stick and the top of the head they are too short. However, we were there, the cast member jammed his hand between my son's and the stick and hurt my son's head. I was so angry that they used such force to show that he was so short.

I took my compliant of what happened to City Hall and I explained what had happened. And how the cast member hurt my sons head and they did nothing about it. No compensation, no nothing. City Hall went on to say, that their measurements are correct and that my doctor's office is lying to us. I WAS SO ANGRY THAT THEY WOULD EVEN SAY THAT!

Never the less, I am going back on Friday to see if my son is big enough!

Well ew...I can't say I experienced that but that is no good at all.

Personally, I think the Indy measurement pole is on a hill and leans..making it innacurate and an optical illusion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast