Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: What are your Disneyland credentials?

Ramble on. I love hearing all the background material. Disneyland is one of those places that draws us in. We are all not attracted for the same reasons, and I love to count the reasons from these posts.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Sock Puppet

First time in Disneyland:
    I was 4, we have a rule in my family- u have to be potty trained an above the age of 3 to go to disneyland. so my 1st time was 4.

How far away do you live:
    20 min!

Disneyland Books:
    don't have any

Disneyland Music:
    i got some , i got disneyland ringtones on my phone

Visiting the Parks:
    all the time, i try to go at least 4 or 5 times a month

Piece of History:
    Being a ap holder when Carsland opened.to me that's history and glad i was around for it.

Recent Disney Memory:
    gosh..umm..there is soo many..well shaking Jodie Fosters hand when she was at Disneyland 1 year ago. that was super cool.

Other Fun Facts Over The Years:
    Everything i know about Disneyland as a whole is from participating on the DL forum. Sad but true. I mean yeah i picked up things over the years from being at the parks an of course it helps that i got some CM friends that fill me on some very interesting Disneyland history. But as the years go on, i tend to learn more and more specially as the parks evolve. I never can stop learning about Disneyland, there is soo much more to know!

• Triple Goddess

The first time I went to Disneyland I was probably a baby and I have been visiting as often as I can ever since. My mom was there on opening day. Everyone in my family has worked there at one time or another and my dad still does.

I was an extra in the re-opening of Fantasyland special on TV "Believe you can and you can." After that I knew that I, too, wanted to work in the park. So as soon as I was old enough, I auditioned for the parades. BEST job ever!

I never go to the park alone. I am always with my family. It used to be me and my brother when we were young houligans with annual passes and were labeled "locals." We hung out at Videopolis from the night it opened until the night it closed. We were also often seen at the Tommorowland Terrace or hanging out in the old phone booths. These days I go with my 3 kids. I have had an annual pass since 1986. I grew up in Anaheim and now live about 30 minutes from the park.

I have read a few books about Walt and Disneyland and own abazilion Disney songs on my ipod! We are often watching Disney movies at my house! Do not play Disney trivia with my 9 year old; he will kick your butt! He also knows where most of the hidden Mickey's are. Sadly, my 15 year old is outgrowing Disney, but he still enjoys going to the parks, as long as the crowds aren't too bad.

I have found my little corner of MiceChat and have made some wonderful, lifelong friends! I hope to be a member until someone drags me out of here.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

As more and more people respond to this thread, I find out new and interesting things about some of my closest and dearest friends here at MiceChat. I am sure they know how lucky they are to be "holding the Disneyland Credentials that they hold".
    Pop Century Resort

So Cal local of 43 years. I'm not really sure how old I was when I first visited, but I had a ticket book, I know that.

My total visits is well over a hundred and over 1,000 hours.

I've been a go every week AP holder for 2+ years. If I'm not with the family, I will go alone on a Saturday morning at least for 4 or 5 hours

I've read a couple of Walt Disney biographies, and The Disneyland Encyclopedia cover to cover twice.

Recently started a Disney/Disneyland blog that details our exploits etc.

I love Disneyland very very much

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Mistress of Evil

I was born and raised 4 miles from DLR. I could watch the fireworks from my bedroom window. I was under a year the first time I visited the parks..this was in the ticket book days. We used to go often. As we got older, my Mom used to drop off my brother and I all the time to get us out of her hair. LOL
    All of my siblings (and me) have worked there at one time or another, but my younger brother (DL partner in crime) had the best one - Maitre'd at Club 33...I worked at the Star Trader.

Now I live over 300 miles away, but visit the parks (and my family) several times a year.

Disneyland Books:
    Do all of my daughter's story books count?

Disneyland Music:
    I have some of DD's favorite movie soundtracks on my phone.

Visiting the Parks:
    2012 was my daughter's (4) first year at DL. We were able to make 3 multi-day visits. I can tell it is such a special place for her already, We have already been once in 2013 and have two other trips planned in April and October (thinking of taking advantage of GD hotel rates this year).

Piece of History:
    I loved being able to see and spend a lot of time at Club 33. My brother was able to discuss all the history, artwork, etc. I love learning about the fun facts. Also, my brother's wife was a Maitre'd at the Club, and that is where they met. I hope one day they are able to share that incredible place with their 2 daughters (we still have an "in" to the Club).

Recent Disney Memory:
    When we were on our trip last October, at one point, my little girl turned to me and said, "Mommy, I am a Disney kid!". I have no idea where that came from, but it melted my heart. I love that her favorite ride is Star Tours...we have so much fun. Thank goodness for a tall kid (she has been riding since 3).

In high school, we used to go to the Videopolis dance club on the weekends. I remembr one year, they actually had a special pass you could buy for a 72 hour event where the park was open the entire time. We would ride Snow White at 3am over and over again just to get out of the cold. People were napping on benches...it was just crazy, but a fun experience.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Disney Story books definitely do count. Then there are all the movies. I have a lot of Disney movies on both VHS tapes, and CD's. Speaking of, I need to watch Brave before my tip next week.
    Pop Century Resort

• Disneyland PAP

My Mom has photos from a family trip dated around 1970. We lived in central California, so we didn’t go that often.

Now, either 30 minutes or way more. It depends on how cooperative the I-90 is when I’m heading that way.

Disneyland Books:
    Many. My faves include The Disney Treasures, The Disney Keepsakes, The Mickey Mouse Treasures, To Infinity and Beyond: The Story of Pixar Animation Studios, Encyclopedia of Walt Disney’s Animated Characters, The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies, Haunted Mansion: Welcome, Foolish Mortals, Mouse Tales: Special Edition, The Vault of Walt and Disney War.

Disneyland Music:
    Lots. My faves include A Musical History of Disneyland (LE with gold record), The Music of Disney – A Legacy in Song, Disney’s Music from the Park, The Music Behind the Magic, Pirates of the Caribbean 33rd Anniversary LE CD, The Music of Cars Land, The Billys Live!, I Want You To Want Me by The Billys, The Whistler and His Dog by the Paragon Orchestra (Main Street USA BGM tunes) and The Firehouse Five plus Two Story.

Visiting the Parks:
    One to four times a month.

ADDED - Favorite Disneyland attractions:
    Fantasmic!, Pirates of the Caribbean, Billy Hill and the Hillbillies, Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room, the Haunted Mansion, Star Tours: The Adventure Continues, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, the Flag Lowering Ceremony, people watching

ADDED - Favorite Disneyland food:
    Celebration BBQ in Big Thunder Ranch, Mac & Cheese Hot Dog from Coke Corner, the Count Down Chicken Fusilli from Redd Rocket’s Pizza Port, the Fried Chicken plate from Plaza Inn, Monte Cristo Sandwich (reg or 3-cheese, but I can’t finish either in one sitting anymore), the Pommes Frites from Café Orleans, the bread bowls from Royal Street Veranda, Dole Whip Float, Jalepeño Cheese filled pretzel, popcorn, and corn dogs. I also like getting the X-3 Rocket Ribs from Taste Pilot’s Grill, the Mediterranean Skewers from Paradise Garden Grill and anything from Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop.

Piece of History:
    Getting my wristband outside Disney’s California Adventure at 3am to join the 7000+ fans in line by that time as the snaked through DCA before we entered Disneyland on July 17, 2005 around 7am to celebrate Disneyland’s 50th! (My flickr pictures)

Recent Disney Memory:
    Enjoying the Limited Time Magic event, a Tribute to the Golden Horseshoe Review show, on opening day.

It was the birth of my goddaughter in 1998 that got me to buy an annual passport. Been an annual passholder ever since. With rates going up, we’ll see how long this lasts…!

I used to make many solo visits as an AP, enjoying the freedom of meandering around the park at my own pace, even on crowded days, while exploring the nooks and crannies of the park. After following along on discussions boards like MiceChat and MousePad, I’d become slowly enamored with all there was to learn about the parks and Disney trivia, and I got drawn into the mindset of being a Disney geek. I never planned on this, but ten plus years after becoming an AP, I find myself as the one my friends point to as the biggest Disney trivia buff; they’ve grown up in the area and been to the park as children and so have likely been to Disneyland more times than I have and can name more Disney movies they’ve seen growing up than I’ve even heard of. But it’s me they point too – funny.

These days when I visit the parks, it’s now with my bunch of theatre friends who all have APs. Have met many CM performers through theatre as well. It’s crazy to me to realize how many friends have APs. It’s great tho’ and going to Disneyland together as a group is a regular ritual we all look forward to.

Was a D23 Charter member for the first three years. In that time, I got to enjoy the Tour of Walt Disney Studios and Archives and attend a 20th anniversary screening of The Rocketeer at the El Capitan Theatre for free (or rather without having to pay any more than membership fees). (My D23 events flickr pictures.)

Have dined at Club 33!!

Saw the last two Pirates of the Caribbean world premieres at Disneyland with the thousands of others crowded along Main Street, USA. (At World's End and On Stranger Tides pictures.)

Have played MousePlanet’s MouseAdventure game twice a year since 2007. Finally placed in First Place a year ago.

Completed the first five Disneyland 1/2 Marathons. Five's enough for me. I don't even like running (I walked the entire distance for the fifth one) but put "Disney" on something...!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I too had a wristband around my wrist and entered DCA at about 5:45 a.m. on that beautiful July 17th. I knew to come early, and do that very thing because I read about it on my beloved MiceChat.

I loved the added paragraph about disneyland food. A Disneyland gourmet knows all the wonderful food choices. A wonderful addition to a MiceChatters, "Disneyland Credentials".
    Pop Century Resort

Hi everybody! I admit, I've been lurking here for years. However, I enjoyed this thread so much I decided to come out of the woodwork!

I was going there for my birthday trip in 1991... and came down with the chicken pox on my birthday! I was so disappointed. We ended up going 2 weeks later. At the time though I was so scared of dark rides, we only rode in full sunlight rides.

I used to live 1000 miles away, but now I live an hour away! Bought my first annual pass, a lifetime dream of mine!

Disneyland Books:
    I can't remember the name, it was like Secrets of Disneyland or something like that.

Disneyland Music:
    I have the 50th anniversary park soundtrack... plus many disney albums from the various movies. I also have ringtones on my phone too... some of them make the same sound as the gate entry and I often get confused if my phone is ringing while waiting to get into the park!

Visiting the Parks:
    Before I lived further away, about once to twice a year. Now up to 3 times a month.

Favorite Ride in Disneyland:
    Indiana Jones!

Favorite Ride in California Adventure:
    Tower of Terror! I find it ironic that though I am afraid of heights, I just can't get enough of that ride!

Least Favorite Ride:
    Pinocchio. I'm sorry Walt, it is still creepy to me to this day! But don't get rid of it.

Recent Disney Memory:
    Gosh, so many of them... I think my favorite thing though is seeing how happy the little kids are. I was sitting on a park bench in front of the castle eating a dole whip and this little kid walks by and shouts openly to the world, "Disneyland is the BEST! And so is ice cream!". That's pretty much I feel, kid.

Despite the countless times I have been to both parks, I have still not been on every ride or attraction. I have now made it my goal to go on everything!
    I like Disneyland better than Disneyworld.

Favorite Disney food:
    CHURROS! Hands down. I have never had a churro as good as Disneyland's! Drool.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

toweroterror, you have made my day. You joined MiceChat, so you could post in this thread. I am complimented, and totally delighted by your post.

Welcome to MiceChat.
    Pop Century Resort

I don't remember my first trip to Disneyland, but I know by 1978 I had a Mickey Mouse Disneyland t-shirt that I likely got on that trip. I feel like I attended Disneyland quite regularly as a teenager throughout the '80s, with lots of memories of people watching at Videopolis and running around Tom Sawyer Island with friends. In reality, however, I would guess I attended the park an average of maybe twice a year. I'm not quite sure why, but one thing I always enjoyed doing during that era was taking the monorail over to the Disneyland Hotel and walking around the grounds there for a bit.

For my 16th birthday, my mom got me and a friend a room at the Disneyland Hotel and park tickets for two days, which was very fun and a symbol of independence, being trusted to stay in the room by ourselves at that age. (Don't tell the hotel; they don't know my mom didn't stay after checking us in!)

In April 2000 I became an annual passholder for the first time. My wife and I took our son on his second birthday and had APs for the next three years, if I remember correctly. Those years were filled with lots of late nights in Toontown (it used to reopen after fireworks), the excitement of DCA and DTD opening (I liked DCA from day one) and many great memories.

We didn't visit the parks much after that, maybe once every couple years or so on average, until February of 2012 when we became annual passholders again on my daughter's fourth birthday. Ever since has been our most active stretch at the resort. We've made 57 visits in the past 11 months and I started a blog so family and friends could read about each time we go and see photos and video. About a year ago, shortly before we bought our APs, I joined MiceChat and have enjoyed being "in the know" thanks to the great information found here. Our APs expire in less than a month and we don't plan to renew, although we will probably buy APs again after a year (or so) hiatus.

Favorites:
    As a kid, the Matterhorn was my favorite ride. My first time on Space Mountain was memorable for two reasons: One, being a bit "too much" for me and two, for my mom becoming claustrophobic in line and having to bail out the exit, leaving my dad and I to ride without her.

These days, California Screamin' and Space Mountain are my favorite rides. I also love most of the in-park entertainment, especially Fantasmic! I can hardly understand what I enjoyed so much about the Matterhorn as a kid.

Music:
    Back when we were APs in the early 2000s, I downloaded mp3s found online of the then-Space Mountain ride music, MSEP theme, Fantasmic! theme and a couple others. More recently, with a daughter, we've accumulated quite a bit more Disney music.

Books:
    I never owned any books about Disneyland until this past Christmas when we were given a fun book about "rare" facts about the park.

I don't post too often, but I love reading here at MiceChat. This is a great thread, Barbaraann!

First time in Disneyland: Sometime in the early eighties when I was around five years old. My mom's best friend lives in San Diego area, and every time we went to visit her and her family, we'd make a trip to Disneyland. We always went for just one day. I never even considered back then that people stayed for more than a day! I remember being afraid of characters, so I never met them when I was young. I loved the rides, though, and my favorites were the Peoplemover, Mr Toad, Big Thunder, Pirates, Space Mt, and the Skyway. When my friend and I were around eleven-thirteen years old, we would love to go off on our own for hours at a time. We felt so grown up. We had such a blast going on BTMRR, Space, and the Skyway again and again.

How far away do you live: 650 miles away. It's a long drive (or short flight). My husband and I (and three kids) just bought our first APs in late November!

Disneyland books: I don't really have any books except a few children's books.

Disneyland music: I have some park music that I use to make slideshows of our trips. I also will admit that when I get a text on my iPhone, it's the ticket entry sound.

Visiting the parks: After going to Disneyland probably once every two years during my growing up years, I had a not-so-fun experience there with a boy when I was seventeen. He really liked me, and I didn't really like him. He tried to hold my hand while we waited in line for the Matterhorn. It was really hot. All I know is that I didn't go again for a few years. Ha! Then, soon after I got married, my husband and I went with his family. It was 1999, and once again, we only went for one day. We just never imagined staying longer for some reason. DCA wasn't finished yet, so I guess we figured that we could always see Disneyland in just one day. Well, it was a pretty fun day, but I just didn't have the love that I did as a kid. We didn't go back for nine years. In April of 2008, we brought our five-year-old daughter and two-year-old son, and the experience was pure magic. We had five day parkhoppers, and we were in the parks part of two of the days, and all day the other three days. The kids were so amazed by everything. My husband and I were just positive that everything at Disneyland was new and incredible. Our kids loved meeting the characters, the rides, the parades, the fireworks, and Fantasmic. We were actually even impressed with DCA (loved ToT, Soarin, Screamin, Monsters Inc), but maybe that's because we didn't compare it to Disneyland. It was just an extra place with more fun and rides. So, after that amazing trip, we went the next year with a new baby at Halloween Time. The halloween stuff was so fabulous, and we were enamored once again. We've visited once a year since, with an additional trip to WDW in 2011. A month and a half ago, we came for our first holiday season, and once again, it was wonderful. We came the week after Thanksgiving, so we didn't have to deal with huge crowds, and we got to see all the great Christmas offerings. We decided to upgrade to APs, and I'm planning trips for April, June, August, and October. I can't wait! My little three year old is so excited that she just hit the 40 inch mark, and she keeps asking to watch Splash and Radiator Springs POVs on YouTube.

Favorite ride in Disneyland: BTMRR (we bought APs the wrong year, huh? Haha), HM, and Pirates

Favorite ride in California Adventure: Soarin, ToT, and Radiator Springs Racers

Least favorite ride: Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Recent Disneyland Memory: Riding on the Silly Symphony Swings at night with my two older kids, laughing, euphoric, and watching the colors change on Mickey's Fun Wheel. Oh, wait. Standing on Main St holding my kids and husband during the Christmas fireworks and the snow coming down. I'll never forget that.

Other fun facts over the years: We went to the Lincoln show for the first time on this past trip and saw the Voices of Liberty. We were blown away at how amazing that was. I had no idea.

Favorite Disneyland Food: Fried chicken at Plaza Inn. Monte Cristo and Pommes Frites at CO. Fried Green Tomato sandwich and onion rings at Hungry Bear.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The MiceChatters who are posting all these wonderful posts are making this a memorable thread for me. I hope anyone else reading it, is enjoying it, as much as I am.
    Pop Century Resort

• The doctor is in

Favorite Attractions:
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Haunted Mansion
    Thunder Mountain Railroad
    Splash Mountain
    Toy Story Midway Mania
    Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
    Ariel's Undersea Adventure
    Mike & Sully to the Rescue

Least Favorite Attractions:
    Star Tours: The Adventure Continues
    Soarin' Over California
    Grizzly River Run
    Peter Pan's Flight
    It's a Small World

Favorite Disneyland Food:
    French Onion soup from Cafe Orleans
    Roasted Beef Strip Loin at Blue Bayou
    Boudin Bakery sourdough bread bowls in DCA
    Churros
    Dole Whip

Rides I Liked Before the Refurbishment:
    Star Tours
    Matterhorn Bobsleds
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast