Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

• Disneyland Original '55

Re: What are your Disneyland credentials?

First time in Disneyland:
    March 1995 not yet a month old

How far away do you live:
    8 hrs in the bay area

Disneyland Books:
    Collected many Imagineering books, but extremely proud of my Disney Comics Collection (if only they still were in print :'( )

Disneyland Music:
    I collect music from the parks and prize my Musical History of Disneyland Albums, which i have made the Musical History of Disney Parks adding music from all the resorts world wide.

Visiting the Parks:
    I visit on average 2-3 times a year for about 3-4 days each when i can spare the time and the money. I have many cast member friends who i also visit in the parks.

Piece of History:
    I was a guest performer in the Parade of the Stars and still have the pin to prove it!!! I was in the penguin dance at the end holding the rope to close the parade.

Recent Disney Memory:
    I took my grandparents to see Disneyland and we just sat on park benches most of the time people watching, because they cant ride most of the rides due to back and knee problems, it was one of the best times ive had in the parks, my grandmother was at Disneyland in august of 1955 and had lots of insight in how the park had changed.

Other Fun Facts Over The Years:
    I was at the first showing of World of Color front, center, splash zone
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

First visit in Disneyland: around 1990-5 years old

How far way: i live about 20-30 min away from the parks

DIsney Books: I have alot of the Animation history books and my sister gave me of her old disney books ,including a couple issues of the old giant DIsney magazines from the 1960s-1970s.

Disneyland Music: Not much.. still trying to get the History CD collection so only few tracks I have are Golden Dreams ( which ive only seen online) and a few others themes from the DIsney Legacy series of CDs, plus I still have 1 record too that was given to me

Pieces of History: Do Pins containing pieces of old buildings count?

Visiting the Parks:Mostly been going alone ,with a few times been going with friends

Recent Disney Memories: Meeting Pluto, Wreck-it-Ralph and Vanellope..along with the Stromtroopers.. these are the first five ever characters ive ever met in the parks in the 30 times ive been

Other Facts: I am a DIsney Pin collector, I own a few dolls of disney, was a Member of the old VMK game and I own a Disney Patch Dalmation Hat from the 1990s

• Will return Soon...

December 3rd 2003 – Finally visited after wanting to go since I was 6 yrs old and learning of it. 2 Weeks at DLR.

How far away do you live: 8100 Miles. In Melbourne, Australia.

Disneyland Books: Too many! Love my Imagineering coffee table books.

Disneyland Music: Far too much. Endless lists of Park music from Anaheim, Orlando, and Tokyo.

Visiting the Parks: I have visited DLR 6 times since 2013. Including twice this year. Usually for at least a week. I’ve also visited Hong Kong Disneyland, Walt Disney World twice and Tokyo Disney Resort 4 times in the last 5 years. Thanks to discount airlines flying direct from Australia to Tokyo I have gotten a last minute TDR fix for as low as $400 return!

Favorite Disneyland attractions: Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion (non holiday), Space Mountain, BTTMR, Matterhorn, Radiator Springs Racers… The list goes on.

Piece of History: I have a ticket booklet from my Nana, when she visited back in 1960 something… Visiting for my Birthday during the 50th.

Recent Disney Memory: Spending Christmas day at Disneyland with my Fiancée and getting the closest we have ever had to a white Christmas, and spending NYE at Disneyland.

Other Fun Facts over The Years: In the last 10 years I have had 1 holiday I haven’t revolved around a Disney resort. Tokyo Disney Sea is the most beautiful and Spectacular Park I have ever seen. I still get teary eyed at key music peaks in all nighttime shows. My first time learning of this magical place was watching a friends souviner "A Day at Disneyland" VHS which i borrowed and watched countless times when i was 6 yrs old. It stuck with me tilll I finally got to visit in 2003.

Unfortunately living so far from any Disney park has made it one expensive passion to have, so many don’t understand it, but that’s okay It’s my laughing place!

As a baby, only three months old in September 1985

How far away do you live:
    Eight hours north in Sacramento

Disneyland Books:
    Plenty! The various Disneyland pictorials, the Disneyland Encyclopedia, Mouse Tales, all those attraction books by Jason Surrell, the Imagineering books, that new Disney attraction poster book, just to name a few.

Disneyland Music:
    Have several CDs, cassette tapes and vinyl records in my parents' home, but I rarely listen to them, actually, if I listen to them at all.

Visiting the Parks:
    Once a year, either in the summer or in November after the Christmas stuff gets put up, but always with family.

Piece of History:
    Do guide books/maps count? I carry those with me EVERYWHERE! In fact, we have lots of merchandise in our house, I just can't remember it all.

Recent Disney Memory:
    Visiting the new and improved California Adventure and being enamored of the new Buena Vista Street there.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I found this gem of a video on the internet. I think it fits the tone of the thread.

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

First time in Disneyland 1 year old 1979.
    first time in Disney world 2009.

lived in garden grove 5 min away then chino 35 min away now chino hills 23 min away , with no traffic that is.

Been to the park uncountable times

premium passholder since 2007 and go every Friday and some other days too.

i watch lots of Disney movies and am pretty up to date on everything happening around the resort.

Me and my fiancé go to wdw at least once a year for 16-20 days at a time.

We love everything Disney

fondest memory lately , media day at carsland , rode rsr 12 times before the general public and of course our yearly gumball rally.
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

If you visited anytime during the 50th, I recommend you check out this video.

My highschool sweetheart skipped out on his prom in 1994, and took me to Disneyland for the first time instead. I married that man.

We live about five hours away, and spent most of our earlier years driving to and from the parks. We have marked almost every major milestone, and many many days off with a trip to Disneyland. We take friends when we can, and write up very detailed, unofficial guides for those we cant go with. We take family pictures every visit in the same spot. And now those pictures have become a timeline of our life together, growing up & building a family.

Im sentimental. I enjoy strolling Main Street, IASW, interacting with characters, and observing the seasonal changes & tiny details. Thats my magic. My family are the thrill seekers. They are all about Space Mountain & Indiana Jones. Ok, I love those things too. Whats not to love?

My favorite Disneyland memory was during Christmas fireworks, right as the snow began coming down. I was getting misty-eyed, and this complete stranger came up and told me that it does it to him every time too, and gave me a big hug. Disneyland does somethng to people. It makes them happy. And young. And I love that.

OOOOOO!! 24 days till my next visit!!
    Last edited by oodelally; 01-18-2013 at 07:09 AM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Not fair. Now you people are starting to make cry.

MiceChat does that to me sometimes.

Disneyland does that to me a lot.

• photography Nut

Me Too..and I'm packing for disneyland tomorrow morning ! I just packed the kleenex !

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Planning a trip is a marvelous feeling, and you can pad your "Disneyland Credentials" with more marvelous facts.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    If you visited anytime during the 50th, I recommend you check out this video.

My high school trip was during the 50th Anniversary celebration. I have all my photos from that trip in a Disneyland 50th photo album.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am an avid scrapbooker, and my first scrapbook of Disneyland was from the 50th Anniversary. That started it all for me, because I was never at Disneyland before 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I am an avid scrapbooker, and my first scrapbook of Disneyland was from the 50th Anniversary. That started it all for me, because I was never at Disneyland before 2005.
    My mom used to do scrapbooking all the time, especially for our Disney park trips.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Like everything else these days, my scrapbooking got too expensive because of ink costs, so now I limit myself to making Disney Collages, and I try and share them here with my MiceChat friends.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast