Is photo pass worth it?

Just wondering if Photopass is worth the money? Any success stories or nightmares out there? do you have to track down the photographers throughout the parks? Or do they follow you? Seems like it would be a hassle tracking them down. That being said, it is also a hassle begging people to take your picture so that all members can be captured, only to find out that they pressed the off button instead of the shutter button.
    Any thoughts?

• Under that tree again!

Re: Is photo pass worth it?

I would say yes, and get the PP+ preorder it for the same price of only the CD. The value of course depends on how many pictures you get taken and that's upto you. With your multiday trip I'm sure you could get a lot.

The Photographers are easy to spot, they all were blue with tan vest and have big cameras and some on tripods. They are stationed in strategic, common photo locations. If it's busy they can have short lines to wait in, and if not ask them if they can take pictures in nearby spots. They are also in most meet and greet locations so if you visit characters you will get way more pictures.

Also at any non character spots, ask if they have magic shots. They pose you and in the photos special things show up in the photo, such as Tinkerbell in your hand.

With the "Plus" package, you get a free Gallery CD(stock photos), a lanyard too. The Plus means you can add onride photos to your account, also character meal photos. If you want these it's a huge savings.

Thanks! Does the pp+ package also include the cd? Or is that an extra cost?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustinius View Post
    Thanks! Does the pp+ package also include the cd? Or is that an extra cost?
    Yes it does. The photos taken are put in an account. When home you can do some editing. When you preorder the Plus package you recieve a voucher, code, that you use to order the CD after returning home. Shipping cost included.

• I am number 4 of 999

How to Purchase PhotoPass+
    Disney PhotoPass+ is sold at PhotoPass Sales Centers located throughout Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort. You may also purchase PhotoPass+, before arriving for your vacation, at the following Pre-Arrival offer pages:

To purchase Disney PhotoPass+ for the Disneyland Resort go to
    www.disneyphotopass.com/dlrphotopassplus.aspx

NOTE: You may only purchase the PhotoPass + Pre-Arrival offer if you are at least 14 days away from your trip to allow for processing and delivery time. Pre-Arrival PhotoPass+ orders will not be fulfilled at the Sales Centers without the voucher included in the package mailed to you. Make sure you purchase the correct product for the resort you will be visiting during your vacation. The Walt Disney World PhotoPass+ package cannot be redeemed at the Disneyland Resort and vice versa.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• I am number 4 of 999

The PhotoPass+ card is cool because you can start taking photos right from the start AND it includes digital copies of your ride photos, as well! YOU have to find the photographers, but you really can't miss them. They are in the important places like Sleeping Beauty Castle, or smack dab in the middle of Route 66 (California Adventure- Cars Land-Radiator Springs). Also, most character locations will have a photographer, as well. Is it worth $70 pre-arrival, or $100 at the parks? Only you can really decide that.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Mistress of Evil

Whether you should purchase the PP+ would depend on a few things for me...
    How many days will you be in the parks?
    Are you planning any Character Meals (besides Storytellers)?
    Will you be going on the rides that take photos?

We did this back in October. I have used the free PP card before and then purchased the CD of our pictures for the same price of the PP+ pre-order.
    We were in the park for 4 days, but had no Character Meals scheduled. We would be going on the rides with photos though. All in all we ended up with over 200 photos. I thought it was a great value considering what you get...as long as you are going to utilize it.

• Still Dizzy

Just wondering if Photopass is worth the money? Any success stories or nightmares out there? do you have to track down the photographers throughout the parks? Or do they follow you? Seems like it would be a hassle tracking them down. That being said, it is also a hassle begging people to take your picture so that all members can be captured, only to find out that they pressed the off button instead of the shutter button.
    Any thoughts?
    Most of the photographers will also take a photo with your camera in my experience. I've never had a photopass CM not be completely happily ok with taking my picture for me with my phone camera.

• Long live the Fire Lord

Don't forget the 'magic' photos (the ones where you pose and they insert a character after). Almost every photopass photographer can do one, just not when an actual character is there.
    We got one fighting Captain Hook, with Tiana as a frog in my hand, holding baby Simba etc.
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

Thank you so much! I heard about the $70 photo CD from the Unofficial Guide book. I tried to find it on disneyphotopass.com but no luck. Your link saved me as today is exactly 14 days before our trip.

Can I ask you a few questions I can't get answered at disneyphotopass.com?

How do I get the disney photopass id number that they want me to fill out?

I picked standard shipping thinking that it referred to getting my CD after my trip. Are they sending me something I need before my trip?

• LOL

They require that you order 14 days prior to your trip so that you can receive the photopass packet. It comes in a dvd/cd case. You get a disk with a bunch of professional pictures of the parks and characters, a vocher (keep this you need it to get the photo pass card), all of the codes, and the instructions. When you get to the resort you pick up the pass and it is good for all ride pictures, photopass pictures, and I believe some character dining pictures (double check this). Photographers are stationed all over both parks and at all meet n greets. Just stop and ask for your picture to be taken.

I used it for our October trip. We came home with $300.00 in ride pics alone. It was wonderful and well worth the money.

• Fun times

I absolutely agree with everything swampymarsh says.

We used PP+ on our trip in October and ended up with about 70+ ride photos, with our total on the PP+ account of over 500. We were there for 9 days and used every opportunity to use our PP+.

Very easy to do and photographers are available all over the parks and extremely nice.

If you do order PP+, the bonus CD showed up at our house broken. I contacted the PP customer service and they sent another one, which also broke in route, which they then replaced and arrived whole.

• Fun times

Quote Originally Posted by ekardelis View Post
    Thank you so much! I heard about the $70 photo CD from the Unofficial Guide book. I tried to find it on disneyphotopass.com but no luck. Your link saved me as today is exactly 14 days before our trip.

Can I ask you a few questions I can't get answered at disneyphotopass.com?

How do I get the disney photopass id number that they want me to fill out?
    It arrives in the PP+ package mailed to you.

I picked standard shipping thinking that it referred to getting my CD after my trip. Are they sending me something I need before my trip?
    Yes, you will recieve the PP+ package which you then take the code to either camera shop in DL or DCA to exchange for your PP+ card. If you end up with multiple PP cards, you can add them all to the PP+ card at the camera shop before you leave on the final day.

The PhotoPass was the only way i was able to get photos from the Cars Land Cast Preview. I have a CD full of photos of my friend and I all over Cars Land and with Lightning McQueen. Totally worth the $60+ (can't remember the exact price)
    The quality is excellent. I just spent the same amount at Universal Hollywood for three photos and they look out of focus. Must be the photo service used as it's a lessee.

• Sock Puppet

Any thoughts?
    U don't buy the photo pass card, that is free. the photos they put on it cost roughly $14 per photo, depending on size. Yes it's worth it. Nope not a hassle getting a CM who takes the photos