Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• The Sea Monster Fangirl

California (20 minutes away from the happiest place on Earth)

Re: Replace Captain Eo with Alien Encounter?

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    I loved the original Alien Encounter and wish it would come back (not Stitch, thank you): it was originally configured for the layout of Mission To Mars at DL, as it was in Magic Kingdom, but we got Redd Rocket's in that space instead.

It won't happen, realistically, but I'd love having ExtraTERRORestrial out here.
    They could switch it up. Have Alien Encounter where Pizza Port is and move Pizza Port to Captain Eo.

• -

What they ought to do is just remove the roof off of the theater and turn it back into the Tomorrowland Stage. They should have some big name bands playing there on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderWolf2010 View Post
    Its I want it at DL or CA!
    If they put it at Disneyland, it should go in the location that was originally slated to have it, Pizza Port. It doesn't fit into CA Adventure at all.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I say we should create a petition. Just talking about it here will get us nowhere.

• keh!

I would like to see Alien Encounter replace Captain Eo. I got to experience Alien Encounter back in 2001 and while I did enjoy it, I thought it was more tame than it was hyped up to be. I wasn't terrified like some maze at Halloween Horror Nights, it was just fun effects that lead to laughs. The terror of AE is overly exaggerated. So yes, bring it here with out the Stitch overlay.

• ~

I really like the attraction for the futuristic technology that it showcases and how it actually does something to compliment the theme of Tomorrowland (unlike its current residents consisting of cartoon fish and space man toys)-- most prominently the teleportation aspect, a highly futuristic concept that we have not yet come close to achieving, but also the communication with extraterritorial beings. Perhaps one day we will find life on a planet other than Earth or that life will somehow encounter us-- we're always looking for signs of life on other planets and I think the idea of actually encountering it (or it discovering us) is a very futuristic idea. My main concern is that the attraction may be a bit too sci-fi for the good of the land. I'd really like to see some attractions actually based on scientific fact and progress to enforce the land's original message of the great, big, beautiful tomorrow that's just around the corner. Sci-fi attractions, although futuristic, don't really enforce that message. They showcase their own little world that seems so separate from ours. Their technologies and advancements and ideas, though indeed futuristic, are so far ahead of our own world that they assume an air of fantasy instead of a soon-to-be reality. And for Tomorrowland to be an effective land that really compliments the rest of the park, it needs to highlight the promises of tomorrow instead of being a realm focused on fantasy attractions.

Regarding the scariness level of the attraction-- I don't know, the Haunted Mansion shows us a dead man hanging from the ceiling while his ghost narrates our trip, we see the ghost of a murderous bride and portraits of all the husbands she has killed, we see undead creatures trying to free themselves from their coffins and graves, so it's not insane to think that Disney can still create mature attractions with dark elements. Granted, Haunted Mansion has that slightly whimsical feel with the ghosts singing and the idea of the mansion being a "retirement home", but there are parts in there that are still genuinely scary. So, is an attraction with a bloodthirsty alien still "off-limits"? Although Alien Encounter is definitely more intense than anything currently in the resort, I vote no, I don't think the "scary" factor of the attraction should be the deciding factor in this scenario, but rather, theme and story.

A final note-- I never got to expereince the original attraction but I think the idea is so unique and genius-- I would absolutely love to ride it if it ever did return. The idea of an experience that builds up the story with some background and then eliminates the sense we are most reliant upon to create its experience stimulating our other senses and evoking different feelings through the stimulation of those senses just seems so darn cool-- so much of what you feel and hear during the attraction is left entirely to the the Guest's imagination and interpretation, so much of the experience is really pieced together and created in our own minds with the cues of the various stimuli that the theater provides. This ingenious ride/show system, coupled with the fact that the futuristic ties could somewhat help Tomorrowland's struggling theme, would make me really excited to see this attraction come to Tomorrowland-- even if I don't really think it's exactly what the land needs.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Definitely no thank you to Wall E. Tomorrowland is supposed to be about a brighter more postitve future. Not the dystopian vision portrayed in Wall E.
    Wall E is PERFECT for Tomorrowland. In order to show value for a brighter future, there needs to be the understanding that it will not happen on its own. Wall E is a perfect message for Disneyland and this land to utilize.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderWolf2010 View Post
    I say we should create a petition. Just talking about it here will get us nowhere.
    that will definitely not help. Disney cannot recognize petitions, because they can't legally risk something not being their idea.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Wall E is PERFECT for Tomorrowland. In order to show value for a brighter future, there needs to be the understanding that it will not happen on its own. Wall E is a perfect message for Disneyland and this land to utilize.
    There are far better ways to acomplish that goal than portraying a scorched Earth.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

As much as I liked Alien Encounter, it was something that worked better at WDW. Because it mostly takes place in the dark and doesn't have a high level of detail, it just isn't repeatable enough for the SoCal audience.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• DCP DLR Alumnus!

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    Do it, I never got to experience it.
    Neither did I. I have only been to WDW once, and that was in 2003. I was 11 at the time, and I chickened out on Alien Encounter. It's my biggest (Disney) regret- I should've just been brave and gone inside!
    Please check out my E-Ticket attraction, The Time of My Life!
    http://tcox91.tumblr.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    There are far better ways to acomplish that goal than portraying a scorched Earth.
    No one said the entire land would be "scorched", but one attraction hardly hurts the theme. And it's the only Pixar movie that really fits into a Disney land.

I would love to see Alien Encounter make it out this way. I remember the first time I had heard about it, I absolutely loved the idea. Disneyland can use something dark for the older audiences, and its not like it would be completely out of place, I mean DCA has Tower of Terror. The one trip I've had out to WDW I was able to go on the Stitch version, which was fun as I absolutely love the character, but it kinda hurt knowing I was far too late to go on it as I had always wanted.

• ~

... it's the only Pixar movie that really fits into a Disney land.
    Why does this matter? Is making sure that the Disney-owned franchises and brands have a place in the park really that important? I don't see how Wall-E being Pixar makes a difference in terms of story or theme.

• -

one attraction hardly hurts the theme.
    I'm sure this is the same type of reasoning that Disney had when they put rocket ships on Main Street and a modern toy spaceman in Tomorrowland. The problem with this path is that one attraction leads to another getting a pass, and then another until we are left with the muddled version of Tomorrowland that we have now.
    And it's the only Pixar movie that really fits into a Disney land.
    Just because it has a loose resemblance of the Tomorrowland theme due to taking place in the future is not reason enough to shoehorn it in. The future portrayed in Wall E is not the original vision of Tomorrowland.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    Why does this matter? Is making sure that the Disney-owned franchises and brands have a place in the park really that important? I don't see how Wall-E being Pixar makes a difference in terms of story or theme.
    Well, you completely missed the point of my post. I was saying that with Nemo and Buzz stretching the theme, this would be an opportunity to actually have a Pixar film that completely fits. I'm not saying that have to put them all in, but since they seem to want to, here's one that works along the land's theme completely.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast