Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: What films deserve representation and where?

Bambi would be nice for Critter County

id really like a hercules and sleepy hollow ride for fantasyland

• ~

I would love to see a new dark ride in Fantasyland. Perhaps Beauty and the Beast, Tangled, Legend of Sleepy Hallow, or Fantasia.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by regionsbeyond View Post
    for fantasyland, a legend of sleepy hollow dark ride would be my optimal choice
    I completely agree. Yes yes yes.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

If Adventureland had the space, I think a ride similar to Pony Express or Manta (the San Diego version) based off the stampede scene in Lion King would be pretty cool!
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!

•   
    • Minion

Tron is what I would love to see and a dark ride for Princess and the frog in NOS

• Banned User

The good thing about Princess and the Frog is that it can fit in both Fantasyland or NOS.

• ~

Lots of people in favor of a Lion King ride in Adventureland. As much as I adore The Lion King and would love to see a dark ride for it, I wouldn't want to see one there-- I feel like cartoon lions would clash with the realistic, sophisticated, and mysterious feel that characterizes the land.

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    Lots of people in favor of a Lion King ride in Adventureland. As much as I adore The Lion King and would love to see a dark ride for it, I wouldn't want to see one there-- I feel like cartoon lions would clash with the realistic, sophisticated, and mysterious feel that characterizes the land.
    I see your point, actually always thought of Lion King there, but after reading this I'm actually kind of against just plunking down the cartoon lions and meerkats amongst the realisticish looking jungle cruise animals and Indy. Maybe a lion king attraction themed more along the lines of the stage show? Doesn't need to be a ride, but something with that style, rather than the cartoon.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I hate the Tie-in debate, Disney didn't have half the films they do now when the park opened, or I guarantee they'd all practically be movie based. And if they were, big deal. It's a film studio. The forum people are the only ones complaining. Anyway... please try to keep this on topic. Thanks.
    When you begin a topic about more movie based rides getting representation at the DLR, you open the door to that debate. Bold mine - there is no basis for the idea that all the rides in Disneyland would be movie-based if they had more movies then. Popular and iconic movies from the Walt era of Disneyland like Cinderella (the movie that financially saved the studio), Winnie-the-Pooh, Treasure Island and Mary Poppins either never got their own attractions, or got them much, much later. And none of the non-movie-based rides were turned into movie-based until the Eisner era. (I'm not sure when the canoes became Davy Crockett "themed", but at at any rate it was much later).

Also, this is of course a forum full of "forum people." Forums tend to be .

Getting back onto your topic, there are several movie-based rides I would like to see. I wouldn't mind a Beauty and the Beast attraction in Fantasyland, either an Tiki-Room-ish animatronic show or a dark ride. I also pictured that an actual Toy Story attraction that actually takes you into the world of the movie, with the RC car as a ride vehicle, could be put in near "small world", perhaps in the FL Theater location (with the other Toy Story attractions being re-themed). Speaking of which, I'd like to see a "take you into a video game technology"-themed Wreck-It Ralph ride replace Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters.

I also want a Gummi Bears Quick Cars ride somewhere in Fantasyland, but I know they never build anything based on TV shows.

I'd love to see a Rocketeer ride at DCA, either in Hollywoodland or a revamped Condor Flats. (It's one of the few Disney properties distinctively set in California's past, and who wouldn't want to strap on a rocket pack?)

I could see a whole "Jungle Fantasyland" (leaving Adventureland to be more "realistic"), with a Jungle Book river ride (think when Baloo is floating down the river), a Tarzan vine surfing coaster, a Lion King jeep safari indoor/outdoor dark/thrill ride, a Lilo and Stitch offroad-buggy ride through a volcano, and an Aladdin magic carpet dark ride along the lines of Peter Pan's Flight. But I don't know where it would go, or what it would be called to differentiate it from Adventureland.

I also want to see a Gargoyles ride in a New York section of the rumored Marvel park (they're not Marvel, but hey, they're superheroes!). Again, we run into the "no TV shows" problem though.
    Last edited by animagusurreal; 01-17-2013 at 09:26 PM.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    4. Pocahontas- Frontierland, plenty of room to put more Native American culture into this land. A nicer version of her village, which is an attraction at Paris, would be awesome.
    The interesting thing about this suggestion is that, prior to becoming Bear Country, and later Critter Country, that section of the Park was called the Indian Village.

Indian Village - August 1958

Indian Village at Yesterland

Daveland Disneyland Indian Village Photo Page
    (tons of photos here)

Per the Daveland website:
    (1955–1971) BACKSTORY: Opened in 1955 near Adventureland (between the Frontierland Train Depot and Aunt Jemima’s Pancake House), the original village had authentic live Indians who performed their ceremonial dances for guests. ..... Within six months, another tribe would be represented with slightly different performances of their tribal customs. Kids were invited to participate during these performances. The village moved in 1956 to what is now Critter Country. Representing many tribes, Disney used tribal consultants to create displays and practice rituals that were passed down through individual tribal customs.

Personally, I would LOVE to have the Indian Village brought back. It seems like it was really fun (I don't remember seeing it in my earliest visits to the Park; my earliest memories of Disneyland start at about 1972).
    Last edited by dland_lover; 01-20-2013 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Shortenened quote to avoid infringing on copyright laws, per MiceChat policy.

• Minion

I could see a whole "Jungle Fantasyland" (leaving Adventureland to be more "realistic"), with a Jungle Book river ride (think when Baloo is floating down the river), a Tarzan vine surfing coaster, a Lion King jeep safari indoor/outdoor dark/thrill ride, a Lilo and Stitch offroad-buggy ride through a volcano, and an Aladdin magic carpet dark ride along the lines of Peter Pan's Flight. But I don't know where it would go, or what it would be called to differentiate it from Adventureland.

i really like this idea, probably not for Disneyland though... Kind of like a critter county for jungle animals.
    Last edited by imaginashton; 01-17-2013 at 09:44 PM.

• Your Nemesis

Let's see

I would love to see a Beauty and the Beast dark ride in Fantasyland, similar to Ariel's Undersea Adventure but hopefully better executed.

I would also like to see something Meet the Robinsons related in Tomorrowland. I know it isn't relevant now, but it's one of my favorite non-renaissance films and it would fit the land nicely.

The other two I'd like to see as dark rides are Lion King and Aladdin but these are both unlikely. Aladdin is still represented at DCA's Hyperion theater. Plus, which land would it be in? I can't think of anywhere it would fit all that well. As for Lion King, well I guess it could go in Adventureland but I'd rather there be no animated tie-ins to that section of the park. Lion King could fit in Critter Country but I'd rather Aladdin and Lion King be saved for a 3rd gate.

On a side note, I'd like a new Muppet attraction to replace Muppet Vision. I like the Muppets but MV doesn't seem to attract many people.
    Running is a mental sport and I am insane!

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Pooh is british...
    Pooh is Canadian. The original bear that inspired Pooh was a Canadian black bear. And his name: Winnie = Winnipeg. The author was British.

But back on topic. A Sleepy Hollow dark ride would be awesome. Too awesome. My brain would implode.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Banned User

Winnie the Pooh is AMERICAN. That bear was in the United States Marine Corps, and he fought and almost lost an arm on Iwo Jima, and later battled his way out of the Chosin Reservoir in Korea. He earned a Purple Heart and two Silver Stars. That's partly why Walt hired him, Piglet, Eeyore, and Owl for those movies in the 60s; they were all veterans. Walt respected that.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    Pooh is Canadian. The original bear that inspired Pooh was a Canadian black bear. And his name: Winnie = Winnipeg. The author was British.

But back on topic. A Sleepy Hollow dark ride would be awesome. Too awesome. My brain would implode.
    yes, Winnie's name comes from Winnipeg, but Winnie the Pooh isn't modeled after a american black bear...they only share the name.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast