Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: What films deserve representation and where?

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    4. Pocahontas- Frontierland, plenty of room to put more Native American culture into this land. A nicer version of her village, which is an attraction at Paris, would be awesome.
    This one seemed like a no-brainer to me until I realized that Pocahontas takes place in the colonial Northeast...not the Western frontier. Frontierland and Pocahontas are set more than 100 years apart from each other

LOVE the Steamboat Willie idea!! And oodelally! I forgot to add Robin Hood to Critter Country!

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    This one seemed like a no-brainer to me until I realized that Pocahontas takes place in the colonial Northeast...not the Western frontier. Frontierland and Pocahontas are set more than 100 years apart from each other
    Southeast. Not Northeast.

Frontierland isn't meant to represent just the American Western Frontier, BTW.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by oodelally View Post
    I forgot to add Robin Hood to Critter Country!
    Unfortunately, Robin Hood does not fit into an American backwoods area and would probably be a better fit in Fantasyland.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Southeast. Not Northeast.

Frontierland isn't meant to represent just the American Western Frontier, BTW.
    Is that a joke? Ok, sorry, Williamsburg was technically in the Southeast (actually, if you want to get really technical, it was a middle colony, classifying it 'Chesapeake colony'). Either way, the point is no matter what region Frontierland represents or where Pocahontas took place, the two are over 100 years apart. There's no argument there.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Is that a joke? Ok, sorry, Williamsburg was technically in the Southeast (actually, if you want to get really technical, it was a middle colony, classifying it 'Chesapeake colony').
    And if you really want to get technical, it wasn't even a colony at that point.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    And if you really want to get technical, it wasn't even a colony at that point.
    Touche

sorry to the OP for getting off topic because of egotistical issues :P

• Closed Account

There's noting "egotistical" in trying to get facts right.

And it was Jamestown--not Williamsburg.

• formerly very helpful

I know this film doesn't get mentioned much, but in Tomorrowland, I'd love to see an attraction based on Meet the Robinsons. I'm picturing a dark ride-type attraction where an omnimover takes you on a tour of the future, starting with Cornelious's house and lab, and then extending to the city. A great way to show off a positive future, and really encourage the idea of the future being anything we are willing to build.

Another much less known Disney flick was Something Wicked This Way Comes. Just speed up the carousel real, REAL fast.
    (just kidding about this last one.)

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    I also want a Gummi Bears Quick Cars ride somewhere in Fantasyland, but I know they never build anything based on TV shows.

I'd love to see a Rocketeer ride at DCA, either in Hollywoodland or a revamped Condor Flats. (It's one of the few Disney properties distinctively set in California's past, and who wouldn't want to strap on a rocket pack?)

I also want to see a Gargoyles ride in a New York section of the rumored Marvel park (they're not Marvel, but hey, they're superheroes!). Again, we run into the "no TV shows" problem though.

First, love the Rocketeer idea.

Second, regarding never building anything based on TV shows: What about Gadget's Go Coaster?

• -

The Apple Dumpling Gang or the Swamp Fox for Frontierland.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

One more year until the 50th anniversary of the release of Mary Poppins, which in my opinion is the best film the Disney studio has put out, and still no attraction based on it. Just one scene in The Great Movie Ride. And yet Disneyland has 2 attractions based on films from non-Disney studios. I would build a mini-land based on London, north of Fantasyland, with a large Mary Poppins Theater, which a changing schedule of live shows based on Mary Poppins, Peter Pan and Bedknobs and Broomsticks, all of which are set in London. The land could also have a permanent attraction based on Mary Poppins, and Peter Pan's Flight could be moved over to it, and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride as well, since The Wind in the Willows is set in England. There could be a small town square and park, sidewalk artists, characters milling about, shops and restaurants. The Fantasyland train station could be remodeled to look like a Victorian-era London station.

• Banned User

I don't think the Frontierland/Pocahontas thing would be an issue. Adventureland and Fantasyland both incorporate multiple times and locations.

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Another much less known Disney flick was Something Wicked This Way Comes. Just speed up the carousel real, REAL fast.
    (just kidding about this last one.)
    I like it. Halloween overlay, anyone?

• Minion

I would actually like to see more original ideas for the park instead of movie tie-ins. If I had to choose, I'd put some sort of Bambi presence in Critter Country. It doesn't have to be a ride. Maybe a small quick service restaurant, or something. I'd also like to see more Sleeping Beauty in Fantasyland. I'm thinking a cute cake shop themed to the three good fairies trying to plan and create Aurora's birthday party.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast