Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: What films deserve representation and where?

Lovin' a lot of the ideas in this thread!

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    We often talk about what Disney movies deserve to be represented in the park, but this time I'm interested in HOW people would incorporate them. Here's my list:

1. Wall E- some kind of replacement for Captain EO
    2. Beauty and the Beast- Fantasyland, maybe the old motor boat area? This doesn't lend itself to a dark ride to me, so maybe a walk thru like the Castle?
    3. Lion King- Adventureland, this might sound out there, but how about Rafiki's tree instead of Tarzan. With such limited room, I this Lion King should have priority over a film that didn't perform as well.
    4. Pocahontas- Frontierland, plenty of room to put more Native American culture into this land. A nicer version of her village, which is an attraction at Paris, would be awesome.
    1. Wall E would be a great add to Tomorrowland since it is basically set in the future
    2. BatB would also be a great addition in some form because the story/music/film was so strong
    3. I'd rather leave Tarzan as is
    4. Native American culture would be nice but then they would need to do a remake of Poc to do any justice for that story

I think WALL-E would be good, I'm not sure if WALL-E's ruined dystopian future would mesh with Tommorowland's optimistic view of the future though.

I also think Bambi would be a good fit in DCA's wilderness area, maybe a walk through or dark ride.
    (Critter Country would be good to, not sure if there is enough room though.)

• Banned User

I'd love to see some rides dedicated to some of the live action hits that have gone ignored over the years.

The Cat From Outer Space, for example. Also The Love Bug and the other Herbie movies, Freaky Friday, Kurt Russell's Dexter Riley films, The Black Hole, Old Yeller, The Misadventures of Merlin Jones, In Search of the Castaways, Lt. Robin Crusoe, USN, One of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing, The Shaggy Dog (and The Shaggy D.A.), Hot Lead and Cold Feet, The Absent Minded Professor and Son of Flubber, Charley & the Angel, Follow Me Boys!, Snowball Express, The Boatniks, Napoleon and Samantha, The Million Dollar Duck, the Witch Mountain movies, Superdad, Gus, and The North Avenue Irregulars.

Just for starters, at least....

• Minion

A main theme of the WALL-E attraction could be to demonstrate how making the right choices today could prevent the kind of trash-filled consumerist society depicted in the film from happening in reality.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    A main theme of the WALL-E attraction could be to demonstrate how making the right choices today could prevent the kind of trash-filled consumerist society depicted in the film from happening in reality.
    Exactly!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    I'd also like to see more Sleeping Beauty in Fantasyland. I'm thinking a cute cake shop themed to the three good fairies trying to plan and create Aurora's birthday party.
    I think given that she has the castle, it will be a while before we see more of her in the park.

• Closed Account

I agree, Avengers needs representation. I would like to see Avengers in TL in DL.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

add Merrida in its a small world this would be a simple fit and the addition of only one new (red-head) doll
    Last edited by brianpinsky; 01-19-2013 at 12:48 AM.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    First, love the Rocketeer idea.

Second, regarding never building anything based on TV shows: What about Gadget's Go Coaster?
    Thanks!

That seems to be the one they went for, but it's barely got anything to do with Rescue Rangers or the character (some people think it's themed to Inspector Gadget!) The temporary Rescue Rangers Raceway (FL Autopia overlay) was more of a Rescue Rangers attraction. What's funny is that in one of the Mouse Tales books, a Disney veteran complained that Chip 'n' Dale only had a presence in Toontown because of Rescue Rangers and not the old cartoon shorts, and now the TV show is just as obscure.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    One more year until the 50th anniversary of the release of Mary Poppins, which in my opinion is the best film the Disney studio has put out, and still no attraction based on it. Just one scene in The Great Movie Ride. And yet Disneyland has 2 attractions based on films from non-Disney studios. I would build a mini-land based on London, north of Fantasyland, with a large Mary Poppins Theater, which a changing schedule of live shows based on Mary Poppins, Peter Pan and Bedknobs and Broomsticks, all of which are set in London. The land could also have a permanent attraction based on Mary Poppins, and Peter Pan's Flight could be moved over to it, and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride as well, since The Wind in the Willows is set in England. There could be a small town square and park, sidewalk artists, characters milling about, shops and restaurants. The Fantasyland train station could be remodeled to look like a Victorian-era London station.
    I love the London mini-land idea!

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    For Fantasyland, a Legend of Sleepy Hollow dark ride would be my optimal choice, alongside a new 'dark forest' type setting (candy apple cart, Gaston's hunting lodge restaurant, villains meet and greet area, souvenir store.)
    Awesome! I think the current Big Thunder Ranch area would be a perfect spot for the Legend of Sleepy Hollow attraction, as a segue between "frontier" and "fantasy".

• -

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    add Merrida in its a small world this would be a simple fit and the addition of only one new (red-head) doll
    If anything they need to remove the character references from Small World, not add more. The ride was meant to be a message of peace communicated through song by the world's children, not a "where's Waldo" of hidden Disney characters.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    If anything they need to remove the character references from Small World, not add more. The ride was meant to be a message of peace communicated through song by the world's children, not a "where's Waldo" of hidden Disney characters.
    Absolutely yes!!

• Minion

I don't know how many people are aware of this but back in the 70's, the Imagineers at Disney had drawn up concept art for a Herbie the Love Bug attraction. It was supposed to go in Fantasyland. The concept art for this ride is so cool and I wish they'd consider bringing this ride to fruition. Maybe somewhere at DCA. I know the chances of that happening are very slim to none, but it's interesting to think about. The ride vehicles were going to go over hills, lean over, perform wheelies and even split in half, as it does in the film.

In case no one's seen the concept artwork:

http://davelandweb.com/d23/images/ne...DC_Herbie1.jpg

http://davelandweb.com/d23/images/ne...DC_Herbie2.jpg

Davelandblog: Disneyland That Never Was, Pt. 3
    Last edited by dland_lover; 01-20-2013 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Removed hotlinked images, per MiceChat policy.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast