Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 118
  1. #76

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,031

    Re: What films deserve representation and where?

    I think princess Tiana deserves a permanent place somewhere in New Orleans Square idk how just something more permanent then doing these bayou bashes. Omg just noticed I;m one post from 1000

    It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

  2. #77

    • Disneyland 19 year APH
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brea, Ca
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: What films deserve representation and where?

    Quote Originally Posted by Werner View Post
    Awesome! I think the current Big Thunder Ranch area would be a perfect spot for the Legend of Sleepy Hollow attraction, as a segue between "frontier" and "fantasy".
    Is it the same as Matterhorn, imbetween Tomorrow and Fantasy?
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

  3. #78

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,957

    Re: What films deserve representation and where?

    Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    Is it the same as Matterhorn, imbetween Tomorrow and Fantasy?
    Matterhorn's officially a Fantasyland attraction. There are no IN between attractions, they have to be one place or another.

  4. #79

    • Inappropriate
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,418

    Re: What films deserve representation and where?

    Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Matterhorn's officially a Fantasyland attraction. There are no IN between attractions, they have to be one place or another.
    It used to officially be a Tomorrowland attraction. I think the subs, although officially in Tomorrowland, are great example of a segue when walking between the two lands. Segue attractions do exist, albeit maybe not "officially."

    Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

  5. #80

    • ~
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    525

    Re: What films deserve representation and where?

    I don't think opinions can be wrong. They are based on what we truly feel, think, our very own emotions and ideas and experiences. We do not form opinions of out the blue, they are based on something, even if it is something very small and inconsequential, even if it's something deep in your subconscious that you can't describe, it still exists. There is a reason that you have the opinion that you do. For example, one might say that BATB didn't belong in Fantasyland because Fantasyland's current rides are all based off Walt-era films and one thinks that Walt-era films are simply a better fit for the land, and you might have a million reasons why you formed this opinion. While it may might be an unpopular opinion with reasoning that many people disagree with, that doesn't make your opinion "wrong." I don't think opinions can be wrong, they're what we personally feel and no one can negate that. Sometimes they may be unreasonable or irrational or unpopular, but that doesn't make them wrong.

    In the matter of Disneyland, I don't think anything can be black and white because the story of the park is ultimately up to the perception of the Guest. The park provides us cues but we are the ones that take those cues to create our own story, we use the stimuli around us to fabricate our own experience. There are cues that help direct our way of thinking, there are cues that lead us to believe that we are in a certain place and experiencing that world, but everything is left up to interpretation and imagination. That's the beauty of Disneyland.
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 01-20-2013 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Edited to reflect that a quote this post referred to has been removed from the conversation. Apologies to this member.

  6. #81

    • Disneyland 19 year APH
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brea, Ca
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: What films deserve representation and where?

    What about Meet the Robinsons attraction in Tomorrowland. Think it would make a great fit with the land theming.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

  7. #82

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,957

    Re: What films deserve representation and where?

    I wish less popular movies had more representation. There are some great ones, and if they're part of the Disney canon, they should be considered with just as much weight as the box office hits. If Song of the South can make a great e-ticket, anything can.

  8. #83

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: What films deserve representation and where?

    ^Yep definitely, I would personally like to see a Hunchback of Notre Dame attraction

  9. #84

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    254

    Re: What films deserve representation and where?

    Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I wish less popular movies had more representation. There are some great ones, and if they're part of the Disney canon, they should be considered with just as much weight as the box office hits. If Song of the South can make a great e-ticket, anything can.
    Song of the South didn't get a ride because it was a lesser known movie. It got a ride because it fit the theme of the land it was going into.

    Thats a horrible, horrible, horrible way of looking at things if you're saying "Lesser known movies should get rides because they are good movies." A movie should not get a ride based on the quality of the movie, but rather whether or not it fits the theme.

    Song of the South was a perfect fit for Critter Country. Talking animals that didn't belong in Frontierland, yet with a Southern background that complimented the Country Bears. It was not a matter of "Well lets make a Song of the South ride. Where should we put it?" Instead it was "What could we build in a land themed to the American South that includes country-playing, personified animals. In that case, Song of the South fit the bill. Even then it was not called "Song of the South Water Adventure" it was called "Splash Mountain" or "Zip a Dee River Run." There was nothing marketing driven behind its creation.

    When someone says Pooh doesn't belong in Critter Country, I would whole heartedly agree with them. Pooh was a matter of the opposite thinking. "We want a Pooh ride, where does it go." Pooh did not take place in the American South. Had little to do with the Dixie Music that tied Splash Mountain & Country Bears together so well. It had no honest to good place to go in Critter Country.

    I'm fine with movie attractions when they fit and support an existing theme. For example, I think Beauty and the Beast would be great in Fantasyland, but that is because it supports the quaint European Village theme. Not because its a great movie and thats the best land it would fit in.

  10. #85

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,542

    Re: What films deserve representation and where?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    Song of the South didn't get a ride because it was a lesser known movie. It got a ride because it fit the theme of the land it was going into.
    It didn't fit the theme of the land it went into. It went into Bear Country. They changed the theme of the land to fit the ride.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    A movie should not get a ride based on the quality of the movie, but rather whether or not it fits the theme.
    Actually, it should be a combination of both.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    When someone says Pooh doesn't belong in Critter Country, I would whole heartedly agree with them. Pooh was a matter of the opposite thinking. "We want a Pooh ride, where does it go." Pooh did not take place in the American South. Had little to do with the Dixie Music that tied Splash Mountain & Country Bears together so well. It had no honest to good place to go in Critter Country.
    This I agree with.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  11. #86

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    TARDIS
    Posts
    6,069

    Re: What films deserve representation and where?

    MOD NOTE

    Folks, we understand that discussions can become heated and there's nothing wrong with that, in itself. However a discussion may develop, it's always important to respect everyone else's opinion. No one's opinion is wrong; we are all entitled to our own thoughts and opinions.

    When things start becoming more about the posters rather than the posts, and a shutting down of others and/or name calling start coming into the thread, then those posts have crossed the line. It's disrespectful and shuts down healthy discussion. We are all entitled to agree or disagree, but rather than tell the other person that they are "wrong" show them with examples of why you may not agree and calmly and peacefully share your view on matters. This way there may be an exchanging of ideas, rather than blows. Also, purposefully posting something that you know will upset one or more members (aka 'Trolling') is NEVER allowed. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything. If a particular member gets under your skin, add them to your "Ignore" list and you'll never see another of their posts again. If you need help figuring out how to do this, contact me or any other Mod via PM and we'd be happy to help you.

    It is on the basis of these facts that we are stepping in to help things settle down. If anyone continues to attack other members or to "stir the pot", as it were, those posts will be removed. Or, if the entire thread goes too far out-of-bounds then we will be forced to close the thread entirely. We really do not want things to have to develop to that point (really- we don't!), but we will address the situation appropriately if need be. Please take this reminder to heart and work towards having an open, friendly, and fun discussion.


    The MiceChat Moderating Team


    From our FAQ:
    Quote Originally Posted by What is a 'Personal Attack', and what about 'Attacking' other members?
    What is an attack exactly? We have all heard the term before. On a message board, an attack is when another member posts a message that clearly & directly is to threaten, defame, insult or make a mockery of another for whatever reason that poster felt compelled to do so (EX: "You are full of crap you liar!", "You are a complete idiot", etc). These boards are for discussions. There will always be differing opinions. You can disagree but be civil and do not spread hate around.

    Attack the message rather than the messenger. Posts, including comments, may be discussed, as long as it is NOT attacking and individual member directly.


    Allowable: "I disagree with that statement."

    Not allowable: "You're an idiot for saying that."

    Quote Originally Posted by What's the policy regarding 'Trolling'?
    So you want to irritate another board member by posting a message or image that will upset them on purpose?
    Well then, you must be living under a bridge cause you're a troll. A 'troll' is the term used for an individual who post messages to delibrately upset others. There's a secondary type known as the 'sympathy troll'. This type of trolling differs from the other cause a ' sympathy troll ' posts for the sole purprose of getting kind affections by sending false messages to others (usually by faking an illness or a type of disability/disadvantage). Whichever form it may take, trolling is not welcome at MiceChat and should be reported and negative repped. Sometimes members do not intend to troll but undirectly rub another the wrong way or 'push your buttons'. If you feel someone is getting under your skin use the "Ignore" feature in your user control panel. By using this feature you can ignore certain individuals who upset you & continue enjoying MiceChat peacefully & calmly.

  12. #87

    • Nic
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    733

    Re: What films deserve representation and where?

    Bambi - A slow moving train going around and through thee unincorporated part of Tom Sawyer's Island, full of realistic Animatronic animals.

    Fantasia - The music and creatures of Fantasia would take form of a carousel replacing King Arthur's Carousel.

    UP - Somewhere in Adventureland.
    Fear of the unknown.

    They are afraid of new ideas.

    They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.











  13. #88

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,957

    Re: What films deserve representation and where?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    Song of the South didn't get a ride because it was a lesser known movie. It got a ride because it fit the theme of the land it was going into.

    Thats a horrible, horrible, horrible way of looking at things if you're saying "Lesser known movies should get rides because they are good movies." A movie should not get a ride based on the quality of the movie, but rather whether or not it fits the theme.
    Thank you for that, but unfortunately you're putting words in my mouth and quite a few of them. I didn't say movies should get rides cause they're good, all I said (as you quoted) was i wish there you more lesser known movies represented and that the success of the film shouldn't dictate if it gets an attraction.

    As for Pooh, it does fit the theme now. They changed theme from Bear Country to Critter Country and there's no reason CC can't include the British country side as well. It fits, it for no other reason, than because they put it there. There's a difference between breaking theme and changing theme, and I've never heard a single argument against Pooh that made sense. I actually heard a fan ask a Imagineer why they put Pooh there and couldn't understand why the fan took issue with it. I don't either. If almost every other land can have multiple locales, CC can too. Wow. We've gone off topic.

  14. #89

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,890

    Re: What films deserve representation and where?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    When someone says Pooh doesn't belong in Critter Country, I would whole heartedly agree with them. Pooh was a matter of the opposite thinking. "We want a Pooh ride, where does it go." Pooh did not take place in the American South. Had little to do with the Dixie Music that tied Splash Mountain & Country Bears together so well. It had no honest to good place to go in Critter Country.
    Exactly right. Winnie the Pooh was created by a British author for his son, and takes place in a forest in England called the Hundred Acre Wood. A Pooh ride has no more thematic connection to Disneyland's West Side than do Mr. Toad, Peter Pan or Alice in Wonderland. Its placement in the American woods of Critter Country is a testament to the thematic indifference that has marked many of the Eisger regime's additions to Disneyland.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


  15. #90

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,957

    Re: What films deserve representation and where?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Exactly right. Winnie the Pooh was created by a British author for his son, and takes place in a forest in England called the Hundred Acre Wood. A Pooh ride has no more thematic connection to Disneyland's West Side than do Mr. Toad, Peter Pan or Alice in Wonderland. Its placement in the American woods of Critter Country is a testament to the thematic indifference that has marked many of the Eisger regime's additions to Disneyland.
    No.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What do your Avatars and Sigs. mean?
    By FantasyForever in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 12-27-2005, 07:24 AM
  2. What's your sign? And even worse pick up lines
    By HiddenMickey in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-19-2005, 04:22 PM
  3. If you could build one ride at DCA.. what would it be and why??
    By figment1986 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 07-29-2005, 02:06 AM
  4. What is your best and worst Disneyland memory?
    By CoolCanadian in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-17-2005, 09:55 PM
  5. Films, TV Shows, and Cartoons that should be on DVD!
    By Soulquarian in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 06:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •