Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: OH-EM-GEE Original Rides

Time travel attraction for Tomorrowland - A Billion Years into Your Imagination - slow and fast versions
    One Last Meal restaurant next to Haunted Mansion - dishes like Heart Attack On A Plate, Sam & Ella Burger, beverages served in urns, you discover a gummy spider in your salad, customized death certificate as you leave.
    Giant pinball machine that you ride through randomly at Paradise Pier
    Chinatown in DCA with parades and shows, restaurants and shops
    Native Californian Tribes village with hunting trail, participate in handicrafts, storytelling and dancers
    Walk-through mystery attraction of Main Street - solve an American history puzzle based on clues you observe as you walk through
    New land with oceanic theme from submarines north to small world, new volcano with thrill ride in northeast corner, eruption show at night, underwater walk-through clear tunnels, island with restaurant
    Mining camp in Frontierland with dig-for-gems attraction for kids, bandits that rob you, then sherriff who comes afterwards with bandit in handcuffs, forces them to apologize and return your gems

• formerly very helpful

An idea I've had forTomorrowland was a space expedition. The pre-show would be like you're in part of a large spaceship, traveling through space. Here you are given the instructions for the mission, where you will be conducting a survey of some new planet. Of course, on the way you run into some emergency and the ship is damaged. You have to escape in these smaller craft (omnimovers) where you leave the ship and have to search the planet for the necessary whatever to repair the mothership before it blows up or something. While surveying, you run into aliens, creatures, robots, whatever before finding your target and "rushing" back to the ship in the nick of time.

Or something like that.

• Heavy Breather

Autopia could be moved to DCA and turned into the LA Freeway. That way, a new and more futuristic car ride can be put in Tomorrowland. Possibly something to do with suspended cars(hovercraft).

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

DCA:

Haunted Gold Rush underground mine coaster. Cross between Big Thunder & POTC.

Alcatraz.

Zorro.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    Autopia could be moved to DCA and turned into the LA Freeway. That way, a new and more futuristic car ride can be put in Tomorrowland. Possibly something to do with suspended cars(hovercraft).

And if they were to do the LA Freeway, the cars wouldn't even have to move!

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    DCA:

Haunted Gold Rush underground mine coaster. Cross between Big Thunder & POTC.
    I've thought the same thing. If you think about it, the old MTTNW was a scenic trip through the desert like the JC is a trip through the jungle. There is plenty of property for another train ride with some underground elements, etc. I added a picture to illustrate: Still lots of blank property where Cascade Peak was and it extends all the way up to the DLRR track. How often is the big picnic ground used anyway?
    This picture was borrowed from ImagineeringDisney.com and cropped. It shows the original layout of the MTTNW superimposed over the BTMRR. Look at all the empty space.
    Name:  Imagineering-Disney_MTTNW.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  183.6 KB
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

• ~

^ I would love if they brought back Mine Train in some form. Thunder Mountain's a nicely themed coaster, but thrill rides can only offer so much. Frontierland could really benefit from a slower-paced, detail-heavy ride that allows you to soak in the environment and become immersed in its world.

• Back in Black

^ I would love if they brought back Mine Train in some form. Thunder Mountain's a nicely themed coaster, but thrill rides can only offer so much. Frontierland could really benefit from a slower-paced, detail-heavy ride that allows you to soak in the environment and become immersed in its world.

I second this. If there were one past attraction I could experience, it would absolutely be Mine Train.

-The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1955 View Post
    I second this. If there were one past attraction I could experience, it would absolutely be Mine Train.[/INDENT]
    [/COLOR]

I'll third it!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Something in CA Adventure that goes into the history of baseball in CA.
    That would be interesting. It could tie in Walt Disney as well -- he was a key figure in influencing Gene Autry to move the Angels from LA to Anaheim. Perhaps this will make some people learn something about Walt that they never knew before.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MRaymond View Post
    I've thought the same thing. If you think about it, the old MTTNW was a scenic trip through the desert like the JC is a trip through the jungle. There is plenty of property for another train ride with some underground elements, etc. I added a picture to illustrate: Still lots of blank property where Cascade Peak was and it extends all the way up to the DLRR track. How often is the big picnic ground used anyway?
    This picture was borrowed from ImagineeringDisney.com and cropped. It shows the original layout of the MTTNW superimposed over the BTMRR. Look at all the empty space.
    Name:  Imagineering-Disney_MTTNW.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  183.6 KB
    I'm sorry, I'm not seeing a LOT of empty space here. The biggest areas that currently are not seeing much usage are the areas bordering the Rivers of America, and the area currently populated by Big Thunder Ranch and just north of there. Definitely some area that can be reused or repurposed, but not really very much.

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    I agree with this quite a bit; slower-paced, detail-heavy attractions are just as valuable as thrill rides are, and thrill rides can only offer so much, but are not the Rivers of America, to some degree, just that sort of attraction? A trip on the Mark Twain is hardly a thrill ride. Ditto for the Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island. Not exactly speedboats.

I have to admit, compared with days past, Frontierland really has very few overall attractions, period. It could use a few more, I think.

Maybe they really need to build on some of the current "backyard" land of Frontierland, into what is currently backstage. Might go past the berm, past the current DLRR tracks, but that may be necessary to really add some extra value to Frontierland, which definitely deserves it.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

From that photo, could there be a way build a detailed attraction in just the cascade peak area and in the festival arena? It does not need to be as long as the orignal attraction but it could still be as detail heavy.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    I agree with this quite a bit; slower-paced, detail-heavy attractions are just as valuable as thrill rides are, and thrill rides can only offer so much, but are not the Rivers of America, to some degree, just that sort of attraction? A trip on the Mark Twain is hardly a thrill ride. Ditto for the Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island. Not exactly speedboats.
    ^ True. I was thinking more along the lines of Jungle Cruise, as well as POTC and Haunted Mansion-- a series of scenes forming a certain world that, though a part of the overall land, are very specific and unique unto themselves. The Mark Twain/Sailing Ship Columbia are a very different breed of attraction that don't really compare to anything else, they don't follow that same formula. They do follow a track and have several specific scenes and sights to see, but the entire experience it isn't as meticulously constructed as with other attractions, and the freedom that the Guest has to peruse around the ship really sets in apart from your standard ride vehicle. And regarding the rafts, although are a very clever method of transportation that help enhance the overall story and theme, they don't really offer enough to qualify as an "attraction" in my book, more of a nicely themed story element.

• Inappropriate

Here's an idea I had last night: A spook-house style dark ride, but in Tomorrowland. Have the setting be some sort of Orwellian dystopia or something. It just needs to have a creepy vibe to it, maybe robots that seem to be helping at the beginning of the ride, but by the end are trying to wipe you from existence. A little dark for Disneyland, yes, but something different. You could work in some sort of cautionary warning into the story. I don't know..it's early and this might not seem like such a great idea when I'm more awake.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    Here's an idea I had last night: A spook-house style dark ride, but in Tomorrowland. Have the setting be some sort of Orwellian dystopia or something. It just needs to have a creepy vibe to it, maybe robots that seem to be helping at the beginning of the ride, but by the end are trying to wipe you from existence. A little dark for Disneyland, yes, but something different. You could work in some sort of cautionary warning into the story. I don't know..it's early and this might not seem like such a great idea when I'm more awake.
    So... The terminator?
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast