Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Back in Black

Lightbulb OH-EM-GEE Original Rides

I'm seeing a lot of... well, US... wanting more original rides in Disneyland. Thats the way we want it, thats the way we've always wanted it, no?

So lets hear your ideas, people! Just a little experiment to see what kind of original concepts are out there. Sure, its a lot easier to adapt an existing property, but wheres the fun in that?

Pirates, the jungle, a runaway mine cart, ghosts... These are all little pieces of mystery and adventure that delight the child inside of all of us... What else is out there?
    -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

• Hooterville, USA

Re: OH-EM-GEE Original Rides

Peoplemover?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• We Go On.

POCT-style ride through Balboa Park, a land replacing the backlot behind Award Weiners?

• -

Something in CA Adventure that goes into the history of baseball in CA.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Something in CA Adventure that goes into the history of baseball in CA.
    Messy. You really want the whole shameful Chavez Ravine thing brought up again?

Homer's The Odyssey Pirates-esque dark ride. Or for DCA an underwater ride to go in pacific wharf. Also a mine train that travels around grizzly peak or tom sawyers island would be nice.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    Messy. You really want the whole shameful Chavez Ravine thing brought up again?
    While I'm not one for glossing over history, a retrospective about the history of CA baseball could contain the highlights without any of the things some people consider negative. Golden Dreams was a nice retrospective without dealing with how the missionaries treated natives. Why couldn't this be the same.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Back in Black

Its interesting to see that most of these suggestions (so far) are revolving around California Adventure rather than Disneyland proper.

Does that mean Disneyland ought to be allowed more rides that adhere to a story told in an existing property?
    -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1955 View Post
    Its interesting to see that most of these suggestions (so far) are revolving around California Adventure rather than Disneyland proper.

Does that mean Disneyland ought to be allowed more rides that adhere to a story told in an existing property?
    I think Disneyland cold benefit from a ride that allows us to explore the solar system. It would be great to have something that uses practical sets and 3D projections that takes you on a journey around our solar system both educating and entertaining us.

• keh!

L.A. has the La Brea Tarpits, I think DCA could have done something with that. Perhaps it could have been time travel related to visit how Southern CA used to be thousands of years ago with mammoths, giants sloths, saber tooths, and American lions. I can picture that as a dark room attraction of Indiana Jones magnitude, or like Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I think we could have a new attraction in Tomorrowland. There is room with a 3-4 story show building behind Main Street and Space Mt. Maybe it could be some sort of People mover extention kind of with a story in there. There is also room for a new show building (if inside) along Big Thunder Trail it could be some sort of Western River Expedition ride and it could on part of Tom Sawery's Island like they have in Pairs but maybe shorter than the orignal Western River Expedition idea.
    Last edited by brianpinsky; 01-18-2013 at 02:38 AM.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I think Disneyland cold benefit from a ride that allows us to explore the solar system. It would be great to have something that uses practical sets and 3D projections that takes you on a journey around our solar system both educating and entertaining us.
    Diggin' this idea!!!

Not sure if the baseball idea would work (don't get me wrong; I'm also a baseball fan and think the history of CA baseball is certainly fascinating, I'm just not sure it'd work in a DCA context, for a variety of reasons), but exploring the solar system is definitely apropos. It fits in Tomorrowland better, but if you did have to put it in DCA, you could use Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena and NASA Ames Research Center in Mountain View as tie-ins.

• Minion

Pirates, the jungle, a runaway mine cart, ghosts... These are all little pieces of mystery and adventure that delight the child inside of all of us... What else is out there?
    Just wanted to quote this from the OP for pure awesome.

I have a few non-movie-based concepts, but perhaps not for Disneyland. For a dragon-themed land in one of my armchair theme parks, I had...

Dragonsflight -

Board a "dragon" - with animatronic head, tail and wings visible above the large "saddle" - and fly in a Soarin'-style film-based attraction (for the long distance flying sequences) that would transition into a Peter Pan style dark ride (for the parts where you fly closer to the "ground") for encounters with friendly, and not so friendly dragons from myth and literature. (Yes, I know, not entirely "original" but not film-based either!) No, I have no idea how this would technically be accomplished. But neither did the guy who came up with Soarin' until he started playing with those tinker toys.

Cauldron Canyon River Rafting -

Board a "cauldron" for a whitewater rafting ride through the flooded ruins of a magnificent castle, volcanic caves with lava floes, and an encounter with a playful water dragon.

Also, I was thinking of what archetypal concepts are left that aren't represented yet at Disneyland, and I thought perhaps you could have a film-noir style detective adventure in the Hollywood or San Francisco sections of DCA, or a spy adventure (I don't know where that one would go).

Also, I'd like to see Pixar or Walt Disney Animation Studios design a ride from the ground up, just like the original Imagineers came from the movie studio. Then you could promote it as, "an original, one of a kind adventure, from the makers of Toy Story and Finding Nemo..." or "...from the makers of Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph..." "...that can only be experienced at Disneyland!!!"
    Last edited by animagusurreal; 01-18-2013 at 06:33 AM.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

No one has an imagination anymore.......all ideas have been done or thought of.

How about a raucous trip through a SoCal shopping mall? It could be a coaster or a trackless ride.

*sigh*

• We Go On.

That is a VERY drastic theory for such a minimal, minimal sample of posts.

But anywho, I have some DL ideas too, one involving a major reformatting of Adventureland and the hub.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast