Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Parking Lot > DCA

Pirates of the Caribbean Old Soundtrack

I was riding Pirates tonight, and while I was going through the scene where the fog screen is in the tunnel, I started to get nostalgic and was remembering what was there before Jack Sparrow and his friends "enhanced" the attraction. I just thought I would share this clip with you all as a fun reminder of what once was. Enjoy!

PS: The tunnel scene is at 6:00.

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean Old Soundtrack

Have you heard of the 'Pirates of the Caribbean Unauthorized 37th Anniversary Collection'? It's a collection of nearly all the elements from the ride, with some examples including individual pirates singing the entire song, background music, and (I do believe) sound effects like musket and cannon shots.

It was how this person was able to create this video. I actually sent him a message a while ago asking about that. He took different elements and audio files from the collection and spliced them into that 13 minute compilation of every single pirate singing:

How do I know this? Let's just say that I came across something different called 'The Haunted Mansion Unauthorized 36th Anniversary Edition' while on the internet. In it was a treasure trove of audio files, ranging from over 20 minutes to barely a few seconds. There were audio files of everything, and I literally mean everything. Files names like '2-09 Portrait Hall Thunder', '2-51 Bones & Backward Flute' (Graveyard Band), etc. were spread across 4 folders. Each audio file was crisp and clean with studio recording quality. The collection even encompassed some of the Magic Kingdom and Phantom Manor audio files. It even had some treasures in it like '4-19 Ballroom Organ Session KU6691' (Alternate Ballroom organ audio files) and '4-24 Raven's Spiel (Unused)' (The original host of the Haunted Mansion before the Ghost Host stepped in.

After falling in love with my find, I did a little research and found out there were even more collections out there, like the above stated Pirates of the Caribbean. People, however, are rather protective of such collections and files, so they usually circulate within a tight knit of close friends and/or community. So actually possessing the actual folder itself is a real treat. I was actually a bit lucky to stumble across the Haunted Mansion one by pure accident, as I wasn't really aiming to get that particular file. So if any one of these Unauthorized Collections lands in your possession, consider yourself blessed.

Why did I bring that up? Well, you did say,"as a fun reminder of what once was." So if you do come across the "Pirates of the Caribbean Unauthorized 37th Anniversary Collection", you won't pass up an opportunity to relive the past in a way you have never experienced before. Individual audio clips of even the little creaks of wood and individual singing pirates compared to a whole spliced and edited together version uploaded onto YouTube are two totally different experience, with me liking the former a whole lot better.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Back in Black

^ I want... ALL of that... So badly...
    -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

• Banned User

I have a lot of the original ride audio for this, including outtakes and unused cues; LOVE IT!!!

Listening to Disneyland Park Audio while you websurf or go about your daily business is wonderful and a great way to get stuff like this memorized through constant repetition.

• Hooterville, USA

Tread lightly here.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Tread lightly here.
    Agreed. I think it's ok to discuss the existence but would suggest that nobody give explicit directions on where to find either of the CD's referenced above.

I will say that I have both and while they are great historical pieces, I rarely go back and listen to the isolated elements.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I, too, loved the Warning in the dark tunnel. While the misty waterfall is a great effect, there was much more of a sense of danger and foreboding with the ghostly voice.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Minion

Great stuff! What a way to set the mood!

And having variations on the same musical theme throughout most of the attraction ties it all together seamlessly.

• Banned User

Most of what I have was from the Red Dot CDs that were sold in the Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Tread lightly here.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    Agreed. I think it's ok to discuss the existence but would suggest that nobody give explicit directions on where to find either of the CD's referenced above.

I will say that I have both and while they are great historical pieces, I rarely go back and listen to the isolated elements.

Don't worry. I already know about that rule and would never in my life give out any information as to its whereabouts unless I was given an OK. Which is why I explained that they were circulated in tight knits of people. It would be improper, and not to mention hard, to give them out like candy when others fought hard to keep it tight. Plus, I completely forgot where I got my Haunted Mansion collection, so the information as to where the files are out there are safe.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Back in Black

Holy cow it would be great to be in that tight-knit circle!
    -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I miss the ghostly voices track every single time I ride Pirates: it was ridiculously effective and well-acted, evocative, and eerie. Just overall perfect for the scene with the dark tunnel.

The waterfall effect: well, it underwhelms. You can see and feel it isn't 'real', so there's no wow factor at all, and the performance by Ian McShane as Blackbeard as is practically catatonic and dull. I wish they'd remove it forever and just turn on the old dialogue, as the new 'scene' in no way improves what they had before.

Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post

Does anyone have directions on where I can LEGALLY acquire soundtracks to the rides like this? I actually have the Pirates and Haunted Mansions soundtracks accompanied by the outtakes and unused cuts, but I would love to LEGALLY download the same sort of audio files for other attractions.
    397 or 406 miles too far from DLR, depending on who you ask...

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by bummerkit View Post
    Does anyone have directions on where I can LEGALLY acquire soundtracks to the rides like this? I actually have the Pirates and Haunted Mansions soundtracks accompanied by the outtakes and unused cuts, but I would love to LEGALLY download the same sort of audio files for other attractions.
    Unless it is sold in the parks, then there really is no legal source (a la iTunes) to pay for and obtain Disney theme park music except for a few one-offs like the tribute record with Julie Andrews, Tim Curry, etc etc...mass market releases.

oh, man. POTC was so much better before that refurb than it is now. listening to this makes me want to cry!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast