Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Queen Elsa

WDW gets there rare Characters next week... Where is ours?

I was just on the Disney Blog and next week Jan. 21st thur Jan. 27th WDW gets there rare characters. Here is the link.

Long-Lost Disney Friends Return for ?Limited Time Magic? at Walt Disney World Resort Disney Parks Blog

So when will we get ours. I wish we get them next week as well it will be a great birthday gift for me send next wed. is my birthday.

• formerly very helpful

Re: WDW gets there rare Characters next week... Where is ours?

First, happy birthday.

Second, this is one I really don't understand on Disney's part. Why not use more rare characters? Especially when you think that the only financial investment would be the construction/maintanance of the suits. They could easily put them on just about any cast member, so they wouldn't have to hire new people.

So, let's see this happen.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Why not use more rare characters?
    Since all the spontaneity has been taken our of meeting the characters with the structured/scheduled meeting format that they now use, there is probably no room in the schedule for the additional characters.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

The Disney World fans are still scratching their heads asking "Where is our Diamond Horseshoe Revue"??? The obscure characters are coming to Disneyland later in the Limited Time promotion. We are currently enjoying the "limited time" for the Golden Horseshoe for another couple weeks. Perhaps you could attend the Golden Horseshoe Revue for your birthday?

We also have Bayou Bash coming up at DL. WDW has/had neither of those.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

I do have to say it would be nice to see more of these characters. I think the problem is that there is not an enough CMs to fill these rolls is that there is not enough budget for there to have 25 to 50 nonimportant charactures running around. Just look at Duffy, I don't think they want there to have CM doing nothing. TDA just does not want to spend the money have character greatings to fail. (Duffy they have to have because TDO is pushing it)
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• -

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I do have to say it would be nice to see more of these characters. I think the problem is that there is not an enough CMs to fill these rolls is that there is not enough budget for there to have 25 to 50 nonimportant charactures running around. Just look at Duffy, I don't think they want there to have CM doing nothing. TDA just does not want to spend the money have character greatings to fail. (Duffy they have to have because TDO is pushing it)
    What makes one character more important than another?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Queen Elsa

They don't have to have these rare characters out everyday just have them out maybe every other day or every 3 days and the weekends would be good to have around.

• Inappropriate

I like that WDW and DL are doing different Limited Time things, instead of falling under one big Limited Time black bag.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Roller coaster enthusiast

I'm just glad they reopened the Sunshine Tree Terrace and the Orange Bird. There's nothing better than the Orange flavored ice cream from the Sunshine Tree Terrace.
    Current coaster count: 166
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Six Flags over Georgia

• former CM

Calsig, you asked, "What makes one character more important than another?"

Let's let Bob Iger take this one.
    "Bob?"
    "Thanks, Jcruise. Merchandising."

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    The Disney World fans are still scratching their heads asking "Where is our Diamond Horseshoe Revue"??? The obscure characters are coming to Disneyland later in the Limited Time promotion. We are currently enjoying the "limited time" for the Golden Horseshoe for another couple weeks. Perhaps you could attend the Golden Horseshoe Revue for your birthday?
    Good post, Westsider! We also saw a few more obscure characters at the kid-friendly dance party that was (is?) open from 1-5pm in DCA. I was hoping to meet Jessica Rabbit, but the two ugly sisters from Cinderella were pretty entertaining.

Hades could be fun if James Woods himself could play him a face character, but only Johnny Depp seems to really love to reprise his Disney character, Jack Sparrow.

And Disney now owns Jar Jar! How obscure so we want to go? The World's Greatest Athlete? Uncle Remus?
    Last edited by jcruise86; 01-19-2013 at 09:39 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    "Let's let Bob Iger take this one. Bob."
    "Thanks, Jcruise. Merchandising."

Good post, Westsider! We also saw a few more obscure characters at the kid-friendly dance party that was (is?) open from 1-5pm in DCA. I was hoping to meet Jessica Rabbit, but the two ugly sisters from Cinderella were pretty entertaining.

Hades could be fun if James Woods himself could play him a face character, but only Johnny Depp seems to really love to reprise his Disney character, Jack Sparrow.

And Disney now owns Jar Jar!
    Don't even give them that idea!

• Minion

First, happy birthday.

Second, this is one I really don't understand on Disney's part. Why not use more rare characters? Especially when you think that the only financial investment would be the construction/maintanance of the suits. They could easily put them on just about any cast member, so they wouldn't have to hire new people.

Basically its because the characters that are regularly out are the characters that people want to meet the most. The rarer characters are generally rare because not as many people want to see them. This is an extreme example but it shows my point. If you took all the cast members who do Mickey and put them in Seven Dwarf costumes, you'd have a line coming out of City Hall full of people asking where Mickey is.

• Seasick

Rare characters should be out more often, not just for promotions.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• The Tomorrowland One

Try dressing a performer in a costume that doesn't fit them correctly. And while the size may be good, it doesn't sit right on them. Or the head is too heavy for their neck. Or, or... There are many reasons a certain character may rarely ever be out.

Never mind the financial investment in hiring the performer, training the performer, and keeping the performer healthy.

I understand the desire to see more rare characters. There is just a lot more to characters than most people see.

And as many have said, rare characters are rare thanks to the general public. Everyone wants to meet Mickey or Cinderella. Hardly anyone wants to meet B.E.N. and Jim Hawkins, mainly due to the fact that they wouldn't know who they are. Personally, the kid in me would LOVE to meet B.E.N. and Jim, because I love that movie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast