Closing at 10 pm Fridays?

Is it typical for the parks to both be closed by 10:00 pm on Fridays this time of year, or are they cheaping out on us?

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Re: Closing at 10 pm Fridays?

This is normal from now untill Spring Break. Thrid shift will be doing some big stuff over the nights and if they have to wait untill 1:30am to get the all clear from security to work on Main Street or Buena Vista Street. Also the work on Maters and Big Thunder can only start once the park is clear.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Banned User

Back in the day it was normal for Disneyland to be open from 9 or 10 am to only 6 or 7 pm during the non-summer months.

As said in the two other posts, SOP for the winter.

• Seasick

Two years ago Disneyland was open until Midnight on the weekend. I remember because that was a MiceChat anniversary weekend, and it was very much the off-season crowd-wise.

Looking at this year, they seem to be cutting back by an hour or two compared to then.

I do find the 10:00 Friday closing on Jan 25 curious, especially since the park is open until 11:00 on Sunday, and in my experience Friday nights are far busier than Friday nights. Might be due to an event that weekend?
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Closed Account

I agree, if Sunday is open later than Friday then it has to be a special event.

• Closed Account

DL should offer more "edgy" nighttime events to draw the attendees that tend to stay out later so that they can keep the park open a little later. I think it hurts them in the possibility of return visits from "first-timers" as these FTs go and think DL is a snooze because they are closing before my grandmother goes to bed.

It does seem a little strange to close at 10 on a Friday that starts out a 3 day weekend for so many people.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RollerCoasterMouse View Post
    DL should offer more "edgy" nighttime events to draw the attendees that tend to stay out later so that they can keep the park open a little later. I think it hurts them in the possibility of return visits from "first-timers" as these FTs go and think DL is a snooze because they are closing before my grandmother goes to bed.
    I highly doubt that. People visiting during the off season should be prepared to understand that park hours will be shorter and some attractions will be closed. And I would hardly call Disneyland closing at 10 pm a "snooze" during the off season, for it is certainly better than when they close even earlier on other days.