Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Should Toontown be replaced with Star Wars Land?

DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Goofy

no way. toontoon needs some a little updating it would be fine afterwards. i like toontown. its fun to explore there

• Banned User

I've never been especially impressed with ToonTown. I would love a Fantasyland expansion, though.

As for a "Star Wars Land," hey, if Disney wants to spend a few billion on building a Star Wars/Lucasfilm park, go for it. Maybe put it somewhere in the Inland Empire or San Diego County, or maybe even build it further north, near Modesto or the Bay Area. But not in Anaheim.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    But not in Anaheim.
    Why? It would make more sense for them to make a Star Wars park adjacent to the existing parks.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Disneyland 20 year APH

I would be fine if Fantasyland expanded into Toontown only if they left Roger Rabbit, Mickey's House, and Gadgets go Coaster. My concern is that the fireworks will force the close down of this area of fantasyland each evening and than not reopening it like they do for the castle courtyard. I would have no problem if the removed chip and dale (including the old ball pit) to replace with a Brave-type of dark attraction or bow shooting and remove jolly trolley, and maybe do somthing more with the whole area.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Why? It would make more sense for them to make a Star Wars park adjacent to the existing parks.
    No. Honestly, it's just too crowded the way it is even now in that area. You seen how much land is devoted to parking, just for the two parks and DTD? Add yet ANOTHER park to that and you'll need Disney to buy up a huge chunk of residential Anaheim to not only place it, but provide even MORE parking and related facilities for it, and most likely even MORE hotel space as well.

But if you put it in some place that has no current park and related businesses, preferably sparser residential properties (and land is comparatively cheaper), it might work.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    This x100
    Know what I've been craving lately? Chocolate milk.....

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    No. Honestly, it's just too crowded the way it is even now in that area. You seen how much land is devoted to parking, just for the two parks and DTD? Add yet ANOTHER park to that and you'll need Disney to buy up a huge chunk of residential Anaheim to not only place it, but provide even MORE parking and related facilities for it, and most likely even MORE hotel space as well.

But if you put it in some place that has no current park and related businesses, preferably sparser residential properties (and land is comparatively cheaper), it might work.
    From a business standpoint it doesn't make sense to have it somewhere else in CA. Disney would be competing against themselves for tourist destinations in CA. They should build it in the current resort area to keep people at the parks that they have now.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

ORWEN: I just don't understand how any true fan of Disney could suggest getting rid of the one area of the park that celebrates the fact that it was all started with a mouse! Mickey & Minnie certainly deserve to be recognized in their own park, for goodness sakes! It's bad enough that they were evicted from their homes in Florida. Don't let the same thing happen in California where it all began for them. There's just too much hate on Toon Town these days. Yes, it could be improved but don't demolish it!

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by RollerCoasterMouse View Post
    "And for the record..." wow, I think you are taking this a little too seriously. By the way, you are asking a question that I already answered. Maybe read the actual thread instead of just coming to your friend's side to beat up the new guy. And don't worry, I'm not worried about endearing myself to you or whitestrat. I was just looking for a forum where people can discuss Disney respectfully.
    Lets see here:
    A) I don't know whitestrat from Adam so I can't consider him a friend but just a fellow Micechatter.
    B) I have read the thread and considering the overwhelming consensus I will let results speak for themselves considering your topic.
    C) You want to discuss Disney respectfully? How about starting with yourself. whitestrat's post in no way pointed a finger at you but you fired away anyway. Respect goes both ways.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I would be fine if Fantasyland expanded into Toontown only if they left Roger Rabbit, Mickey's House, and Gadgets go Coaster. My concern is that the fireworks will force the close down of this area of fantasyland each evening and than not reopening it like they do for the castle courtyard. I would have no problem if the removed chip and dale (including the old ball pit) to replace with a Brave-type of dark attraction or bow shooting and remove jolly trolley, and maybe do somthing more with the whole area.
    Except those attractions don't belong in Fantasyland. You basically just explained why they need to keep and improve Toontown.

Tear it down. Replace it with whatever. Such a waste of space. Didn't like it when I was 13 and it had just opened. Age hasn't improved it nor has my mindset about it evolved.

• Disney Obsessed

I was a bit too old (too old or "too cool" at that age which ever you prefer lol) for toontown when it opened.. around 1993/1994 right? Thats when my younger sister was born... She LOVED it. I was like 10 by time she got to go (she was 2) so I was a pre-pubecent nightmare I'm sure lol. But now I rather enjoy it... and back then when no one was looking I had a lot of fun taking my little sister through everything I think it just needs some cleaning up! A re-fresh of interactivity in the houses... and make that darn trolley work again! My sister and I had a blast riding on it before! There is SOO much in the parks that small kids CANT do, that those 2 lands connected that is basically all their size is a plus.

• Banned User

double post. sorry.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by drjeep View Post
    Tear it down. Replace it with whatever. Such a waste of space. Didn't like it when I was 13 and it had just opened. Age hasn't improved it nor has my mindset about it evolved.
    Well the wait time for Gadget, Roger and Mickey beg to differ.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast