Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Mostly Harmless.

Re: Should Toontown be replaced with Star Wars Land?

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    No no, Coastiepox, we're expanding Toontown here so Star Wars doesn't move in and we don't derail the thread. Never mind how awesome Bald Mountain would be! I do like where your head's at on that one...
    Listen here papa John... I'm expanding fantasyland so Star Wars doesn't move in. Stop trying to derail me. The villains need a darned place to hang their hats too ya know!
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    Listen here papa John... I'm expanding fantasyland so Star Wars doesn't move in. Stop trying to derail me. The villains need a darned place to hang their hats too ya know!
    Suddenly I want to see Fantasyland go to war against Toontown. The battlefield is the fantasyland theater. Winner takes all.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    Suddenly I want to see Fantasyland go to war against Toontown. The battlefield is the fantasyland theater. Winner takes all.
    I'm afraid that this conversation may end up having a Dominos effect. Don't we have a blog and a podcast we can continue this on and return the viewers to their previously scheduled show?
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    I'm afraid that this conversation may end up having a Dominos effect. Don't we have a blog and a podcast we can continue this on and return the viewers to their previously scheduled show?
    Solid point. I wouldn't want you to go coastal on this issue. Alright, it's all yours, Micechatters! Take it away!

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter

I'll pull it back in line here, with something on topic that we can endlessly dispute

I like Toontown, and I think it has more potential than it is currently being used for. By the same token, I would welcome an amazingly rich and detailed expansion of Fantasyland in that space, if it were to be done well enough to justify the removal of Toontown.

As for a Star Wars land....To me, the Star Wars universe is big and rich enough in scope, detail, characters, stories, and locations, that it certainly warrants its own park.

Thats IF they were going to do it any justice of course. Should it be a third gate for Anaheim? I don't know, but lets just say that I wouldn't hate it...

• Not on the Jedi Council

Tomorrowland was built when everyone thought there would be a sea change in architecture like we saw from the 1890s to the 1940s, and they figured the world would look like Coruscant by 1990. Well, with our economy, that kind of change is out the window.

So, if you want to tear out the Carousel of Change, the middle plaza and the Captain EO building, finally take out the People Mover tracks and then rebuild the area to represent Star Wars, I'm all for it. Taking out Toontown? The Toontown system is far too remote to make an effective demonstration, but don't worry, we'll deal with your... oh, wait, I'm a Jedi. Uh, anyway... rebuild Tomorrowland? Cool. Toontown? Nah.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJ View Post
    Tomorrowland was built when everyone thought there would be a sea change in architecture like we saw from the 1890s to the 1940s, and they figured the world would look like Coruscant by 1990. Well, with our economy, that kind of change is out the window.

So, if you want to tear out the Carousel of Change, the middle plaza and the Captain EO building, finally take out the People Mover tracks and then rebuild the area to represent Star Wars, I'm all for it. Taking out Toontown? The Toontown system is far too remote to make an effective demonstration, but don't worry, we'll deal with your... oh, wait, I'm a Jedi. Uh, anyway... rebuild Tomorrowland? Cool. Toontown? Nah.

With it's above ground and underwater attractions, Naboo-topia and Finding Jar-Jar Submarine Voyage.

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    With it's above ground and underwater attractions, Naboo-topia and Finding Jar-Jar Submarine Voyage.
    Uh... let's see if we can top this.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter

• Not on the Jedi Council

Actually, they could do Speeders and Speeder Bikes at Autopia.... just sayin'.... and heck, anything would be an improvement over Nemo the Video Voyage.

• Sock Puppet

to answer the op question. no. we have tomorrowland, why do we need a star wars land?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234