Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Closed Account

Question Should Toontown be replaced with Star Wars Land?

Since Disney will need to do something with Star Wars in SoCal, should Toontown be cleared for a Star Wars Land?

• Minion

Re: Should Toontown be replaced with Star Wars Land?

Quote Originally Posted by RollerCoasterMouse View Post
    Since Disney will need to do something with Star Wars in SoCal, should Toontown be cleared for a Star Wars Land?
    Star Wars doesn't "need" to go into Disneyland.

I'm against the idea. A Star Wars Land wouldn't make sense in Disneyland and there's already a Star Wars presence in Disneyland.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

Heck No!!!!!!! They should give it to WDW's DHS instead.

A little representation is enough. I'm going to spin the broken record yet again, and say, More original ideas and concepts please.
    Invent, dream, create, design, engineer, build!

You know...IMAGINEER things....

• Closed Account

You're right, it doesn't "need" to go into Disneyland... but I didn't say that it did. The "need" I talked about, I referred to SoCal, not Disneyland. IMHO, for $4 billion, the Disney Co. will probably want to do something with Star Wars in some part of Southern California and probably "needs" to do something in Southern California as part of the justification for the high price tag. Hey, if they don't do a single thing with Star Wars in SoCal in the next ten years, I owe you a pair of Mickey/Minnie ears.

• Dead men tell no tales.

No but I would like to see Toontown taken out to make way for a fantasyland expansion like in WDW.

• Banned User

No No No! No removal of an entire land. Especially not one that's as well designed as Toontown. It needs attention and TLC, not removal. Toontown has become a staple at several Disney parks and I honestly don't think we're gonna see new Star Wars attractions. Star Tours is more than capable of being updated without the need/cost of constructing a new ride. One is enough.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by whitestrat View Post
    A little representation is enough. I'm going to spin the broken record yet again, and say, More original ideas and concepts please.
    Invent, dream, create, design, engineer, build!

You know...IMAGINEER things....
    Hey take it easy buddy. Personally, I love Star Wars and would love to see an entire land devoted to Star Wars. And I don't personally enjoy Toontown. I understand the importance of "inventing, dreaming, creating, designing, engineering, and building." I understand what Imagineers do, no reason to assume that I don't, that a mere posting makes me incapable of understanding this great art or far less than you.

Hey take it easy buddy. Personally, I love Star Wars and would love to see an entire land devoted to Star Wars. And I don't personally enjoy Toontown. I understand the importance of "inventing, dreaming, creating, designing, engineering, and building." I understand what Imagineers do, no reason to assume that I don't, that a mere posting makes me incapable of understanding this great art or far less than you.
    Yikes.

Sorry if you took that personally.

It was simply my view of the current state of Disney when it comes to the attractions they create and build in the parks. It had nothing to do with your intelligence, or understanding of the imagineering process.

I've loved Star Wars since I saw the original on opening day in 1977, but I would prefer to see Disney's efforts go towards the kind of original quality and creativity that they originally set the bar for.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Wow, way to endear yourself after just 15 posts. And for the record, you are the one saying to tear out
    Toontown for Star Wars then saying Star Wars didnt "need to go into Disneyland". Also, why MUST there be some Star Wars
    universe in SoCal when Disney can do that in Orlando and still reap the benefits?
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Parmageddon Jim

No.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Wow, way to endear yourself after just 15 posts. And for the record, you are the one saying to tear out
    Toontown for Star Wars then saying Star Wars didnt "need to go into Disneyland". Also, why MUST there be some Star Wars
    universe in SoCal when Disney can do that in Orlando and still reap the benefits?
    "And for the record..." wow, I think you are taking this a little too seriously. By the way, you are asking a question that I already answered. Maybe read the actual thread instead of just coming to your friend's side to beat up the new guy. And don't worry, I'm not worried about endearing myself to you or whitestrat. I was just looking for a forum where people can discuss Disney respectfully.

• The doctor is in

No because that means the Roger Rabbit ride would get ripped out.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Down Pluto!

Seriously, NO.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• -

Why do they need to do anything in any of the parks? They have already planned to make a new trilogy. From those proceeds as well as merchandising, along with the lower special effects cost since ILM is now "in house", they will more than make a return on their investment.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast