Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 338
  1. #16

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bottom of the ocean
    Posts
    960

    Re: "Escape from Tomorrow" movie filmed in Disneyland secretly

    I would love to see this film...Of course Disney would never allow it to be released anywhere to the general public.

  2. #17

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    964

    Re: "Escape from Tomorrow" movie filmed in Disneyland secretly

    I wonder if any Mice Chatters are in it!

  3. #18

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,606

    Re: "Escape from Tomorrow" movie filmed in Disneyland secretly

    To attempt to describe the plot of “Escape” is to go down a rabbit hole as disorienting as any amusement park ride. Basically, the film is about a down-on-his luck fortysomething father (Roy Abramsohn) on the last day of a Disney World vacation with his henpecking wife and their two angelic children. As he takes his children to various attractions, the father is haunted by disturbing imagery; he is also, in the meantime (and with his children in tow), tailing two young flirtatious French girls around the park. Airy musical compositions you might find in classic Hollywood films play over many of these scenes, giving a light shading to the darker moments.
    This sounds horrible.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  4. #19

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    JSC
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: "Escape from Tomorrow" movie filmed in Disneyland secretly

    This guy's got cojones. A lot of other filmmakers would film at another park and WISH they could film at Disneyland & WDW. This guy just went ahead and did it, and it worked out for him. That's gutsy.

    Honestly, if I were in charge at Disney, I'd contact the guy, congratulate him on his ingenuity, make an offer to distribute the film for him (probably through Miramax), and see if he'd be interested in signing a first-look contract. The likelihood that he'd ever make another guerrilla film at a Disney park is pretty much zip, but he might have a lot of other really interesting ideas for movies, scripted or not, and Disney, if they're smart, will see the potential in him, rather than act out of spite.

  5. #20

    • a wind to shake the stars
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    935

    Re: "Escape from Tomorrow" movie filmed in Disneyland secretly

    Yeah, this is awesome. It's kind of crazy that he spent three years on a movie that may never receive a commercial release but that's some serious commitment to art. I think the chances of Disney working with this dude are pretty much zero, I mean they've been known to send C&D letters to preschools with images of Mickey on the walls so the idea that they'd be connected in any way to a macabre film incorporating actual imagery of Disneyland seems pretty hard to believe.

    I have a feeling this will make it to the internet at some point, if nothing else.

  6. #21

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,606

    Re: "Escape from Tomorrow" movie filmed in Disneyland secretly

    Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    Honestly, if I were in charge at Disney, I'd contact the guy, congratulate him on his ingenuity, make an offer to distribute the film for him (probably through Miramax), and see if he'd be interested in signing a first-look contract. The likelihood that he'd ever make another guerrilla film at a Disney park is pretty much zip, but he might have a lot of other really interesting ideas for movies, scripted or not, and Disney, if they're smart, will see the potential in him, rather than act out of spite.
    This assumes, of course, that the movie is good enough to distribute. From the description, it sounds terrible.

    I don't, however, see Disney doing this as it would send a message that they condone this type of behavior.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  7. #22

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    2,749

    Re: "Escape from Tomorrow" movie filmed in Disneyland secretly

    I found this on youtube

  8. #23

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Autobot Base
    Posts
    2,113

    Re: "Escape from Tomorrow" movie filmed in Disneyland secretly

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Like Disney executives, for example.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

    Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

  9. #24

    • Inappropriate
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,422

    Re: "Escape from Tomorrow" movie filmed in Disneyland secretly

    Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I found this on youtube
    Well that was... definitely a clip. It didn't sell me on anything. I was bored.

    Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

  10. #25

    • I'm from Canada eh!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,091

    Re: "Escape from Tomorrow" movie filmed in Disneyland secretly

    Pretentious as anything. And was that guy seriously creeping on those teenage french girls...

    I don't agree with this in the slightest. You want to make a movie? Fine, but you should go through the proper channels to do so. Putting unsuspecting "extras" in a feature movie, that you intend to showcase in a major film festive, for monetary gain is wrong. Also, would anyone care about this movie if it were filmed at 6 Flags? doubt it. He can complain about Disney all he wants, without the "corporation" he would have nothing for a subject.

  11. #26

    • Inappropriate
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,422

    Re: "Escape from Tomorrow" movie filmed in Disneyland secretly

    So this guy is boobing about corporations, so he takes his indie film to Sundance to do what? Try to sell it to a major studio?

    Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

  12. #27

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,890

    Re: "Escape from Tomorrow" movie filmed in Disneyland secretly

    Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    I don't agree with this in the slightest. You want to make a movie? Fine, but you should go through the proper channels to do so. Putting unsuspecting "extras" in a feature movie, that you intend to showcase in a major film festive, for monetary gain is wrong. Also, would anyone care about this movie if it were filmed at 6 Flags? doubt it. He can complain about Disney all he wants, without the "corporation" he would have nothing for a subject.
    Bingo.

    Brilliant creative concept and great execution or not, the narcissism and hypocrisy at the core of the project is repugnant.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


  13. #28

    • a wind to shake the stars
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    935

    Re: "Escape from Tomorrow" movie filmed in Disneyland secretly

    That's funny, his opinion of Disneyland is something that comes up on these forums quite often.

    “I have nothing against Disney,” Moore said when asked if he saw his film as political. “It’s just upsetting that it was about a one-man vision, and now it’s like so much of the world in how corporate it’s all gotten,” he said. “I look at Apple and Steve Jobs and my biggest fear is that something like this will happen there."

    The idea that Disneyland began as Walt's vision and has since become Disney The Corporation's vision is a completely apt criticism, and one that I've seen here quite a bit. He's not anti-Disney at all, it sounds like he was a fan of Walt's work and isn't too thrilled with the corporate direction since his death.

  14. #29

    • Team Hail HYDRA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    2741 Buena Vista St.
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: "Escape from Tomorrow" movie filmed in Disneyland secretly

    I know I'll see it

    Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com


  15. #30

    • Inappropriate
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,422

    Re: "Escape from Tomorrow" movie filmed in Disneyland secretly

    Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    That's funny, his opinion of Disneyland is something that comes up on these forums quite often.

    “I have nothing against Disney,” Moore said when asked if he saw his film as political. “It’s just upsetting that it was about a one-man vision, and now it’s like so much of the world in how corporate it’s all gotten,” he said. “I look at Apple and Steve Jobs and my biggest fear is that something like this will happen there."

    The idea that Disneyland began as Walt's vision and has since become Disney The Corporation's vision is a completely apt criticism, and one that I've seen here quite a bit. He's not anti-Disney at all, it sounds like he was a fan of Walt's work and isn't too thrilled with the corporate direction since his death.
    You mean the part where the people delude themselves into thinking that this company isn't based on Walt not being in it for the money, because he had no concept of money and if it weren't for Roy to keep him in check, then there would be no company and making it a corporation is just a natural evolution of a big business and Disneyland is actually better today than it was on opening day? That opinion?

    Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] Armchair Imagitition II: Escape from the Tower!
    By jesterjack in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 10:07 AM
  2. Whats your favorite disney song from a classic movie
    By rob3gd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-27-2009, 07:11 AM
  3. Escape From The Haunted Mansion
    By Lost Boy in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-15-2008, 07:24 PM
  4. Escape From Critter Country: an idea to alleviate congestion
    By BigThunder in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-22-2006, 08:27 PM
  5. New toys from upcoming Pixar movie 'Cars' released.
    By OogieBoogie in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 01:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •