Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Question I would like to point out the parades times...

I am trying to point out here that there is too much time from when the parades start their music and when they actually get there. I took video of both Soundsational and Play Parade. (Links are below) but Play parade took 6:30 to cross me and soundsational took 5:30 to start and also failed to trigger the North Hub in time. Should Entertainment take the time to fix this so you don't die of boredom before the parade gets to you?

Soundsational: Mickey's Soundsation- The timing is late - YouTube

Play Parade: Pixar Play Parade-Its a real long count down - YouTube

Is this really something to get worked up about or should I be patient like a good AP and wait for it come?

Note: Both of these videos I took on Wednesday January 16, 2013
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Minion

Re: I would like to point out the parades times...

Surely waiting there without the parade music is more boring then when the music is playing?

The music starting that early doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    Last edited by ssaamm; 01-20-2013 at 04:34 AM.

• Minion

ORDDU: I would just relate to it as if it were an Overature to a movie. (At least movies used to have Orveratures way back when, to get the audience in the right mood. Now days they seem to do all the credits at the end of the movies.) Still I'd save any critiques for more obvious faults--like broken down attractions or things that don't get repaired in a proper amount of time.

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: I would just relate to it as if it were an Overature to a movie. (At least movies used to have Orveratures way back when, to get the audience in the right mood. Now days they seem to do all the credits at the end of the movies.)
    Haha, that's because society's attentions spans are so insanely short nowadays that if the movie doesn't jump right in and wrap up the story in 90 minutes, people aren't into it.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    (At least movies used to have Orveratures way back when, to get the audience in the right mood. Now days they seem to do all the credits at the end of the movies.)
    Credits were at the beginning of the film, until (relatively) recently, because of tradition and union/guild requirements. At one time, end credits were rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    Haha, that's because society's attentions spans are so insanely short nowadays that if the movie doesn't jump right in and wrap up the story in 90 minutes, people aren't into it.
    Actually, movie run times have increased overall. Even run-of-the-mill, lowball, explody, check-your-brain-at-the-door, Summer-action, fare such as Transformers: Dark of the Moon had a running time of 154 minutes. Animated films still hover around the 90 minute mark.
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

They start the music early because people will line up earlier. It prevents the crowd from forming at the very last minute, since people have been prepped and are waiting - even latecomers.
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

• Dreams Do Come True!

The parade route is divided by different sections for the audio. So that every section gets their own opening of the parade instead of picking up where the music left off, that's why you sometimes you get the music longer than other areas so it could sync up right.

• The doctor is in

I sat down on Main Street to see Soundsational and it was supposed to start at 7 so I found a spot around 6:30ish. The parade didn't get to me until about 7:30 or 7:45. That is just because I was on the tail end of the route.

However, I have waited for parades closer to the starting point and I agree that it does take a little longer than necessary for the parade to actually begin after the music starts. Never really bothered me, though. The only downside is if you have to go to the bathroom.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Oh, I just LOVE your hat!

I watch every parade thats offered during the day, and this problem doesn't bother me at all. Then again, I love the cue music, especially for the Play Parade, just because it really gets the energy going. If you don't want to wait so long, try sitting closer. The best place to view the Pixar Play in my opinion is Hollywoodland which is close to where it starts. For Soundsational, the all time best spot for the parade in my opinion is the VERY FIRST seat - on the curb right next to where the Main St. parade gates are, where the curb meets the shop building wall next to it. You're the very first person to see the parade when it comes out, and if you sit at that exact spot, you can see all of the floats and characters still prepping backstage for their step off.
    Because Bert Said So!

• I'm a fiddle player......

I think you just got really unlucky and sat at the back of an audio section, but I think 6 min for DCA and 5 min for Dland is real long time for the music to play til the parade gets there. Maybe the parades were running slow that day?

• -

I find it interesting that people can wait forty-five minutes in line for a ride, but five or six minutes for a parade is a big deal.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I find it interesting that people can wait forty-five minutes in line for a ride, but five or six minutes for a parade is a big deal.
    A valid point.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

If this is truly a big deal to you, just sit in front of the parade gate. Otherwise, you are probably 1 of 10 people on the entire planet that cares.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Let me clear some things up. I know were the trigger zones are and I trying to prove that the average guest who does not know where to sit could and does get frustrerated. The problem is get even worse for the Christmas parade. Also the trigger zone at North Hub did not go off right that day. Soundsational did have a break down about two minutes after I stop rolling but its way the Mary Poppins float at the end. My concern is could entertainment make the starting zones smaller so it could not have the lights and the music going for 5 minutes at a time.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    My concern is could entertainment make the starting zones smaller so it could not have the lights and the music going for 5 minutes at a time.
    You'd have to completely redo the soundtracks (and therefore choreography, timing, etc.) for that to happen. Trigger zones are based on the cycles of music. In order to make more trigger zones you need shorter (therefore more repetitive) cycles of music.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast