Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Monorail Lover

Wink What Disney attraction do you miss and what do you think of the replacement?

I saw this in the Disney World section and thought it would be a fun discussion for the Disneyland Resort too. (Thanks to DreamfinderFigment for the idea)

What attraction do you wish would come back all restored and refurbished with a remastered and restored soundtrack,modern animatronics and effects,and what do you think of the replacement that's there now?

Honestly, I'm one of the minority that really LOVED Superstar Limo. I loved how corny it was because to me, that is a lot of the essence of Hollywood in the first place. In my mind it was a true interpretation of Hollywood and really fit in well with the theme of the area.

I think the Monsters Inc. ride was mainly just an excuse to bring back a ride to the area for a low budget (reusing much of the old attraction instead of doing something completely new) and a way to get more Pixar into the parks.
    Signature down for reimagineering.

• Senior Minion

Re: What Disney attraction do you miss and what do you think of the replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatekong View Post
    What attraction do you wish would come back all restored and refurbished with a remastered and restored soundtrack,modern animatronics and effects,and what do you think of the replacement that's there now?
    Submarine Voyage thru Liquid Space. I think its replacement is an embarrassment to the creative standards of Disneyland in general, and Tomorrowland in particular.

Swiss Family Treehouse. I think its replacement is a blatant homage to the emotionless brand-marketeering that is the hallmark of the Eisger regime.

Country Bear Jamboree. What I think of its replacement isn't fit for posting on a family forum.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

Re: What Disney attraction do you miss and what do you think of the replacement?

Well of course Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland. The "replacement" was the medium-speed roller coaster Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which had more of a thrill factor but had none of the beauty, charm, character and humor of the Mine Train. And of course Adventure thru Inner Space, which had no "replacement" per se but was evicted to make room for Star Tours, which is really nothing more than a motion simulator. And of course Carousel of Progress, whose first replacement was America Sings (which at that time I thought was just "Disney-corny stuff") and now of course is occupied by Innoventions.

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Submarine Voyage thru Liquid Space. I think its replacement is an embarrassment to the creative standards of Disneyland in general, and Tomorrowland in particular.

Swiss Family Treehouse. I think its replacement is a blatant homage to the emotionless brand-marketeering that is the hallmark of the Eisger regime.

Country Bear Jamboree. What I think of its replacement isn't fit for posting on a family forum.
    ^ Bingo! I second everything above. Well-said as usual, Mr. Wiggins.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Well of course Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland. The "replacement" was the medium-speed roller coaster Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which had more of a thrill factor but had none of the beauty, charm, character and humor of the Mine Train. And of course Adventure thru Inner Space, which had no "replacement" per se but was evicted to make room for Star Tours, which is really nothing more than a motion simulator. And of course Carousel of Progress, whose first replacement was America Sings (which at that time I thought was just "Disney-corny stuff") and now of course is occupied by Innoventions.
    ^ And bingo to this too.

• Your Nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    In the interest of keeping this forum family friendly, I too think its replacement is Pooh.
    Running is a mental sport and I am insane!

• A Dark Future

I miss the Peoplemover. I'm not too fond of the dilapidated, abandoned track that they replaced it with. I never see anyone riding it. I don't think anyone likes it.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• The doctor is in

Country Bear Jamboree. I will admit I enjoyed the Pooh replacement the one time I have been on it, but it still isn't the same. I would much rather have the bears back.

Swiss Family Treehouse. There is something annoying about hearing Tarzan continuously yelling while in line for Indiana Jones.

I'm probably beating a dead horse with this one, but I miss Star Tours a lot. The new 3D adventures crap they put in is a travesty. The stories are all jumbled and it mixes the episodes up. Also the boasting about going to a different location every time you ride is false. I have been on the new Star Tours 5 times and I have had the same pod racing experience 3 out of the 5. No words describe how much I hate it now. It used to be a top favorite of mine, too.

• Minion

I miss the crap out of Rocket Rods. I was so sad when it was taken out. I never got to ride the Peoplemover, but I'm still sad that's gone, too. What Disney needs to do is replace those old, rotting tracks already and put them to good use! It's pathetic the tracks are just sitting there. Do something with them!!!!!!
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• -

Rocket Jets I really miss this ride it offered some of the best views of the park at night. It also made you feel like you were on your way up to a real rocket ride when you rode the gantry lift up to the platform. This ride also gave a much needed sense of motion to the land.

The Observatron that replaced it is just stupid. A bunch of satellite dishes glued to the end of the old ride mechanism is no substitute for spinning around high above Tomorrowland in your own personal spaceship.

Adventure Through Innerspace This was a classic darkride and something perfect for Tomorrowland. I'll neve forget how cool it was as a kid to see the atommobiles disappear into the Mighty Microscope and see them come out miniaturized on the other end.

I love Star Tours in both incarnations and find them a perfect fit for Tomorrowland as well as well-themed quality attractions. I just wish they found a way to put it in without losing Innerspace.
    Last edited by calsig31; 01-21-2013 at 03:23 PM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Country Bear Jamboree- Pooh needs to either move to Fantasyland or get kicked out completely from Disneyland.

• No Disassemble!

Rocket Jets - This was a great ride and more importantly one of the top iconic weenies amongst all the Disney parks. Sadly it has been reduced to a glorified hood ornament and the technical replacement (Astro Orbiter) is a sorry excuse, especially when comparing the in-ride views one used to get from the Rocket Jets to what you have to settle for in the Astro Orbiter.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

For me, it's gotta be the Skyway...they replaced it with, well, the sky, which isn't all bad, but I sure miss those vantage points on the Skyway.

• formerly very helpful

All I can say is I agree with almost everyone here so far. (Except about missing Rocket Rods or not liking Star Tours 2.0.)

• The doctor is in

I don't miss Rocket Rods. I only rode it once and I wasn't that impressed. Even as a kid.

• DL Vistor Since 1968

Adventure Thru Innerspace

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast