Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Blue Sky Cellar Update: Fantasy Faire Photos

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I can only hope to God that the next thing in there will be a new Tomorrowland.
    +1 or +1000!! Whatever it takes to see that happen!
    ~ Erik

That's really beautiful! That place was an absolute nothing before, and now it will be a star of the entire park. Smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    I see they are replacing one of the bridges to make it wider.
    looks like both bridges are there.

I do see that the direct path that was in the corner of the seating area from the carnation area to fantasyland is being removed to allow for the extended outside queue though

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I hate to be the sole dissenter so far, but it looks horrible.

I am thinking that modern Imagineers don't know the difference between traditional Disney theme park design and modern shopping mall design anymore. The facades are extremely detailed but IMO they lack any sense of individuality and appear to be just one huge facade stuck to the castle wall behind it. You can even see the castle wall sticking out behind the facade on the middle and to the right, ruining any sense of being immersed in a real environment.

The Imagineers needed to look to Main Street, not to the Irvine Spectrum Center. Sorry, IMO they missed the mark on this one.

IM having a hard time picturing in the park where this would be... is it to the left of the casle as you see it from the HUB?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Looks nice. Makes me sad that we didn't get a nice shop or restaurant as well to go with the new area though.
    It's a relatively small area, and by their wanting to keep the pavilion for dancing and other shows, there was even less room for any significant restaurant. And they didn't need another shop.

Also, removing the meet and greet from the Fantasyland Theater opens up that area for better use.

In my opinion, the re-theming of the area significantly improves the environment in the space. As I have no interest in the meet-and-greet, I'm just glad that it is tucked into the area without really impacting the look.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

I am thinking that modern Imagineers don't know the difference between traditional Disney theme park design and modern shopping mall design anymore. The facades are extremely detailed but IMO they lack any sense of individuality and appear to be just one huge facade stuck to the castle wall behind it. You can even see the castle wall sticking out behind the facade on the middle and to the right, ruining any sense of being immersed in a real environment.

The Imagineers needed to look to Main Street, not to the Irvine Spectrum Center. Sorry, IMO they missed the mark on this one.
    Well the Big Tent for sure has a sense of its own building and will not just fade in....but considering what I first though this area would be..and now knowing there will be some added life (besides princesses) like Figiro the cat, the hunchback little machine/show thing and fountain and even a small little cart that tributes to beauty and the best along with the amazing detail....overall this for me anyway is ten times better then what they had there before

• Minion

You honestly think it looks "horrible"? There's no other word you'd use?

The area is quite small. There wouldn't be that much room if all the buildings were separated. IMO, the fact that the buildings are all attached together just makes the whole place look cuter and more quaint. A lot of Disneyland, including Main Street, is like that; close together. That's what makes the park so cute. I respect your opinion, but I think using the word "horrible" to describe this beautiful project is very far-fetched.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: This is going to be wonderful!

ORDDU: I can only imagine that certain nay-sayers around here who were against this project from the start must be foaming at the mouth by now. But they have no reason to. This is a beautiful addition and fits in perfectly right next to Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

ORGOCH: Got tiara's?
    Some of us may not have until seeing that quote.
    I am reserving my vitriol until after I see it in person.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    You honestly think it looks "horrible"? There's no other word you'd use?

The area is quite small. There wouldn't be that much room if all the buildings were separated. IMO, the fact that the buildings are all attached together just makes the whole place look cuter and more quaint. A lot of Disneyland, including Main Street, is like that; close together. That's what makes the park so cute. I respect your opinion, but I think using the word "horrible" to describe this beautiful project is very far-fetched.
    I did say that I think the facades themselves were nicely decorative. So perhaps horrible is a bit of a hyperbole. But that still doesn't take away from the sense of not being fully immersed. I also wonder what that Rapunzel tower is all about. If it isn't life-size, or appears to be life-size perhaps it will further take away from the fantasy of the area. Perhaps these things are not horrible but these do bring up concerns for me.

• Minion

I did say that I think the facades themselves were nicely decorative. So perhaps horrible is a bit of a hyperbole. But that still doesn't take away from the sense of not being fully immersed. I also wonder what that Rapunzel tower is all about. If it isn't life-size, or appears to be life-size perhaps it will further take away from the fantasy of the area. Perhaps these things are not horrible but these do bring up concerns for me.
    Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

•   
    • Minion

I think it looks great. I think the swing nights will still fit in nicely too and maybe even attract more people to the area overall since there is a nice courtyard feel to it.

Looks really cute and well themed. I love the Rapunzel tower. The best part of it all is that Dateline Disneyland reported that Maurice's Twisted Treats, the new vending cart, will have dolewhips! Finally a second location for that and I'm praying that means I can get a dolewhip on a hot day in a decent amount of time.

• Banned User

These are all actually used spaces according to the artwork. The model is not just not labeled. I don't know how you see a mall as inspiration... wow. Hopefully there will be a more detailed report showing everything inside. This is just a sample.

• Banned User

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast