Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 54
  1. #31

    • "I don't like the color"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,977

    Re: Blue Sky Cellar Update: Fantasy Faire Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I did say that I think the facades themselves were nicely decorative. So perhaps horrible is a bit of a hyperbole. But that still doesn't take away from the sense of not being fully immersed. I also wonder what that Rapunzel tower is all about. If it isn't life-size, or appears to be life-size perhaps it will further take away from the fantasy of the area. Perhaps these things are not horrible but these do bring up concerns for me.
    I know I said I would wait but.....
    The colors in the concept art and the live pictures of the PFF to me look too cartoony.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  2. #32

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,882

    Re: Blue Sky Cellar Update: Fantasy Faire Photos

    I'm really excited to see these renderings. It looks as though there will be reasons to go to the area even if you're not keen on meeting the princesses. They've done a beautiful medieval town square there!

  3. #33

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,957

    Re: Blue Sky Cellar Update: Fantasy Faire Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I did say that I think the facades themselves were nicely decorative. So perhaps horrible is a bit of a hyperbole. But that still doesn't take away from the sense of not being fully immersed. I also wonder what that Rapunzel tower is all about. If it isn't life-size, or appears to be life-size perhaps it will further take away from the fantasy of the area. Perhaps these things are not horrible but these do bring up concerns for me.
    The tower is a maypole used for playing. It's not meant to be the real tower. The pictures show this pretty clearly.

  4. #34

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,957

    Re: Blue Sky Cellar Update: Fantasy Faire Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    I know I said I would wait but.....
    The colors in the concept art and the live pictures of the PFF to me look too cartoony.
    I don't see a color difference between this and the rest of Fantasyland.

  5. #35

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,379

    Re: Blue Sky Cellar Update: Fantasy Faire Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I don't see a color difference between this and the rest of Fantasyland.
    Neither do I. The colors fit the theme perfectly, IMO.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  6. #36

    • "I don't like the color"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,977

    Re: Blue Sky Cellar Update: Fantasy Faire Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I don't see a color difference between this and the rest of Fantasyland.
    Don't think so? Hmm... my eyes must be deceiving me:
    Fantasyland
    Name:  Fantasyland.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  8.8 KB
    PFF concept art
    Name:  PFF01.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  125.8 KB
    Live PFF pics
    Name:  PFF02.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  111.9 KB
    Looks more cartoony to me.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  7. #37

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Morva in the Land of Prydain
    Posts
    4,380

    Re: Blue Sky Cellar Update: Fantasy Faire Photos

    ORWEN: Since most of Fantasyland is based on animated films, anyway, it shouldn't even matter if the buildings look like they're from 'cartoons'.

  8. #38

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,379

    Re: Blue Sky Cellar Update: Fantasy Faire Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: Since most of Fantasyland is based on animated films, anyway, it shouldn't even matter if the buildings look like they're from 'cartoons'.
    Exactly. It's a world of fantasy, after all.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  9. #39

    • "I don't like the color"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,977

    Re: Blue Sky Cellar Update: Fantasy Faire Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: Since most of Fantasyland is based on animated films, anyway, it shouldn't even matter if the buildings look like they're from 'cartoons'.
    The buildings in Fantasyland do not look cartoony.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  10. #40

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    542

    Re: Blue Sky Cellar Update: Fantasy Faire Photos

    Too much fantasy in Fantasyland!!!

    Rothenburg, Germany (non fantasy):

    Name:  4840430-Rothenburg_ob_der_Tauber_Rothenburg_ob_der_Tauber.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  51.7 KB

    Name:  4668-Rothenburg_Ob_Der_Tauber_GermanyEurope_16.01.2012_2a.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  242.9 KB

  11. #41

    • "I don't like the color"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,977

    Re: Blue Sky Cellar Update: Fantasy Faire Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Too much fantasy in Fantasyland!!!

    Rothenburg, Germany (non fantasy):

    Name:  4840430-Rothenburg_ob_der_Tauber_Rothenburg_ob_der_Tauber.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  51.7 KB

    Name:  4668-Rothenburg_Ob_Der_Tauber_GermanyEurope_16.01.2012_2a.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  242.9 KB
    Then maybe Disney should paint the buildings in Fantasyland the same colors?
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  12. #42

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,957

    Re: Blue Sky Cellar Update: Fantasy Faire Photos

    They are the same colors. I do not see the difference. That one particular, cloudy day pic looks a little pale, but look at the facade for Pinocchio. Reds, blues, yellows... The expansion area is the same scheme as the rest of Fantasyland. And as was already stated, these are based on cartoons! It should look like the films they represent.

    Name:  pinocchios-daring-journey_alt.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  180.0 KB

  13. #43

    • "I don't like the color"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,977

    Re: Blue Sky Cellar Update: Fantasy Faire Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    They are the same colors. I do not see the difference. That once particular, cloudy day pic looks a little pale, but look at the facade for Pinocchio. Reds, blues, yellows... It's the same scheme as the rest of Fantasyland.

    Name:  pinocchios-daring-journey_alt.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  180.0 KB
    I dunno, maybe it's the age factor of the Fantasyland buildings but to me the PFF colors are too bright.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  14. #44

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    542

    Re: Blue Sky Cellar Update: Fantasy Faire Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Then maybe Disney should paint the buildings in Fantasyland the same colors?
    You missed my first line. Then it wouldn't be "Fantasyland," it would be "Germany."

    Maybe what you really want to see is Fantasyland become Epcot west? Forget the twisted pretzel cart, bring on the beer!

  15. #45

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,957

    Re: Blue Sky Cellar Update: Fantasy Faire Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    I dunno, maybe it's the age factor of the Fantasyland buildings but to me the PFF colors are too bright.
    Keep in mind that model is theatrically lit. Under harsh sunlight, there will be a difference.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-11-2010, 01:58 PM
  2. [News] First Look At the Blue Sky Cellar at California Adventure
    By Dustysage in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 190
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 10:14 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-17-2008, 06:40 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 10:09 PM
  5. [News] DCA Preview Center real name - Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar
    By Darkbeer in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 11:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •