Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Loves Disney

Re: Disneyloon's 35mm Prime Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless Abrandon View Post
    Excellent photos! I'm a huge fan of Prime Lenses as it challenges me to compose shots in my head and move around a lot. I noticed I get lazy with zoom lenses. Nice job with Screamin, and the indoor shots too!

A 35mm on a Full Frame is pulled back quite a bit compared to the same lens on a Crop Sensor. Still a great lens on either type of camera!

My advice for indoor other than what you already know is to find ways to stabilize yourself even more than the normal elbows to your sides, camera on your face, non-shutter hand in a U shape. Also try exhaling as you take your shot(s), and don't hold your breath while taking a pic! That just makes it worse! Use your friend as a tripod if necessary!
    Thanks Wreckless Abrandon for the tips. I am planning hopefully if my tax return is good to purchase a tripod and ball head. Currently I am looking into the Vanguard Alta Pro 263AT 26mm 3-Section Aluminum Alloy Tripod Legs and Vanguard SBH-300 Ballhead with Quick Release.

One thing with a tripod - buy a good one. Spend the cash. I've read it, advice from others and all, who bought cheap ones and hated them. Did it myself- bought the cheap one but it doesn't hold still.

The only cheap one I liked is the GorillaPod. They make a mini one and a DSLR size one.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLoon View Post
    OMG that's horrible, When did you loose it? I wouldn't even know what to do if I lost my camera I would be so heartbroken
    Thanks! Yes it is horrible and I am going to call lost and found again for the 4th time since our trip mid-January. I have so many places I want to take pictures of that I don't have the camera for. I was also going to upload some new photos of Aladdin, but alas they were also on the camera. The good thing is that we did a download at lunchtime, so we only lost a half-days worth of photos.

It was so funny when it happened because it was a mix of one of the highlights of our trip balanced against this bad situation...

We were one of the last people to ride Screamn and my wife was in a wheelchair, we got one of the last 3 trains. But we wanted to do the baby swap with our niece (who was our take along sitter for the trip). When my wife and I got off, they told us to hold up a moment as they cycled everyone out. And then they offered my wife and niece their very own ride - last one of the night, just the two of them... Well, while waiting in the offload queue area, I was juggling two young kids and set the DSLR down for just a moment, and then forgot about it when we left. About 10 minutes later, I relaized it and when I went back it was gone and the CMs didn't know what happened to it....

Being that there was only CMs around and no park guests, I was very optimistic and hopeful, but after 3 weeks, the hope is kinda diminishing... Really praying for good news when I call over tomorrow

Otherwise its going to have to be a couple of more paychecks before we can replace that camera. ugh!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

*drool*

Such awesome shots!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Ohh, very nice photos! That 35mm sure is lovely. I have a 50mm f/1.8 that I use on my D80 and, while I love it, it's hard to use because of how close the subjects are. After looking through your photos, I probably should've gone with the 35mm. Sigh, oh well.

I too am looking to upgrade my camera body. The D80 has a major defect that really holds me back. It develops terrible amp noise when I try to shoot at higher ISO. I can pretty much only shoot up to ISO 500, MAYBE 800 before this purple haze starts developing on the side of my photos. My camera also develops horrible noise at higher ISO compared to other cameras. It's quite annoying. I'm hearing a lot of good things about the D7000, but unfortunately, I do not have the funds (or a job :T) to afford one. At the same time, though, I really want a full frame camera. But those price tags of a full frame camera... ouch! I really wish somebody develops a full frame camera that is cheap and affordable. Ah well, one can dream right?
    Last edited by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe; 02-05-2013 at 10:13 PM.

You might want to look at the D5000. It's what I shoot, and I don't have problems with digital noise very often. I can shoot up to... probably 1400 with few problems. Cheaper than a 7000! Not sure what they run, but you could probably find a gently used on on CraigsList.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Loves Disney

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    Ohh, very nice photos! That 35mm sure is lovely. I have a 50mm f/1.8 that I use on my D80 and, while I love it, it's hard to use because of how close the subjects are. After looking through your photos, I probably should've gone with the 35mm. Sigh, oh well.

I too am looking to upgrade my camera body. The D80 has a major defect that really holds me back. It develops terrible amp noise when I try to shoot at higher ISO. I can pretty much only shoot up to ISO 500, MAYBE 800 before this purple haze starts developing on the side of my photos. My camera also develops horrible noise at higher ISO compared to other cameras. It's quite annoying. I'm hearing a lot of good things about the D7000, but unfortunately, I do not have the funds (or a job :T) to afford one. At the same time, though, I really want a full frame camera. But those price tags of a full frame camera... ouch! I really wish somebody develops a full frame camera that is cheap and affordable. Ah well, one can dream right?
    I would do the waiting game right now KiMcHeEfOrLiFe there are rumors of a replacement of the D7000 which if true will drop the prices of the D7000, I own a D5100 and we the release of the D5200 D5100 prices lowered. I would also suggest picking up the 35mm prime they are really affordable I only payed 200 for my lens.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123